Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
OIFOEFOND
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by OIFOEFOND »

Hello,

I am so done with methadone, I have a new job comming up and want to be off of methadone/ suboxone. I read the forums here and put an order in on Botanical Bunny, it should arrive tomorrow.
The order I placed is: 100mg of each
- Super MD 12 1905
- Maeng Da 12 1907
- Premium MD Lot14 1907
- White MD Jong Kong 1905
- Red Banjar 1907

Think this will be a good order?

Also not sure what my dose should be, I have taken methadone for a year and at 55mg a day. Today I took less than half my dose and picked up some kratom at a store, I took 2.3 mg... didn't notice much took another 1.7mg an hour later, 4 hours later took 3 mg, I am not noticing too much but I feel ok. I watched some video about an addict who was taking 1oz a day to stave off withdrawls... how much should I take and any recommendations on how to take it? It tastes like poo lol.

Thanks guys, :D
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by BallzDeep9 »

OIFOEFOND wrote:How much should I take and any recommendations on how to take it? It tastes like poo lol.
Thanks guys, :D
Yeah, put together a Game Plan, just remember ya can't do BOTH - Yes you'll need large doses. Plan! At some point, you're gonna have to Jump !! And It's gonna be touch & Go for a couple days. And uhh.. get some Prune Juice. Stay Strong, you can do this!!

There IS a very detailed Guide on Reddit. Download and Read this !! Follow the basic steps anyway. Good Luck! 8-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... e_guide_i/
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
OIFOEFOND
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by OIFOEFOND »

Thank you for the reply, i'll checkout that guide. Today is the leap, i'm done taking methadone. Of course my VA doctor wanted to get me on suboxone next but I just cant, hopefully it goes well, im feeling ok so far. No signs of euphoria or anything really, how do I know when my dose is too low or too high?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by herbalhippie »

I don't know about methadone, but my daughter has used kratom to stave off withdrawals from both heroin and suboxone. Low dose of heroin but a ridiculously high dose of suboxone for someone with her small habit and her small size. That's beside the point but I'm still salty at her doctor.

Anyway, it takes her about 6 grams to be comfortable, and that's with a better quality kratom such as Botanical Bunny. I believe her suboxone dose now is 20, she was started out on 24.

So maybe start with 4 or 5 grams of your BB when it comes and then add a half gram every 45 minutes or so until you're comfortable and then you will know your dose.

Good luck!
JHole
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:27 am
Location: IA

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by JHole »

I feel your pain. I was on 90mg of methadone a day for 2 years. I didn't use kratom to get off of it, I just weened myself off 10 years ago. But, I would probably try getting your dose down lower, to about 10 to 20mg a day. Then stop taking methadone and take nothing but kratom. I would think with your habit you will probably need to take 8 to 10gs. Make sure you take it on an empty stomach, it works a lot better. It can take an hour or so sometimes before you will feel it. You will know if you take too much, you will get kinda tipsy, but honestly with your habit I wouldn't worry about that. Just some thoughts.
Good luck!!! I know you can do it. That methadone is some nasty shit!!! I didn't sleep right for a month after I quit taking it and I was down to 5mgs every other day. I just smoked a lot of pot. I didn't know about kratom back then. I did use kratom a couple years ago to get off hydros (my dumbass started on them). and it definitely helps with the withdrawals.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by BallzDeep9 »

OIFOEFOND wrote:No signs of euphoria or anything really, how do I know when my dose is too low or too high?
No. Forget "euphoria", you're not gonna feel that. Your days of "gettin high" are over. :evil: You are ONLY taking the kratom to stave off withdrawals, and avoid feeling sick... Your GOAL is to feel OK.. half way normal.

Then start tapering down OFF the kratom. Over the next 3 weeks. 8-) Did you know? Kratom HAS a Ceiling Effect. You can't take more & more & more it just don't work.... DO that and it might stop working - Take the LOWEST amount, where you just feel OK. Day by day, you'll start to Recover.. and feel better. Welcome. You are now in Recovery!

Methadone is no joke. You should have tapered down, first hopefully. Kratom is pretty mild, so you're NEVER gonna get all high and fucked-up from doing kratom.... IF that's what you're looking for, sorry - Again, you are only using kratom to help wean yourself OFF the opiates.. and it takes many days or weeks, to flush that shit OUT of your body. Drink LOTS of water.. You Will Survive!!!

Methadone Programs, really suck.. It's only a temporary thing to save your life! Hang In There!! 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by herbalhippie »

And you want to take the lowest dose necessary to remain comfortable. Don't go starting out on a high dose when you might not need that much. No sense in giving yourself a high tolerance straight off. That's why I suggested 4-5 grams and adding on until you get there.
OIFOEFOND
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by OIFOEFOND »

Ok thanks guys, no I am definately not looking to get high, just to help me get off opiates. Appreciate the knowledge and words of encouragement. Still feeling good! I'll check in, in a couple days and let you guys know how I'm doing
User avatar
gravystainonmyshirt
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by gravystainonmyshirt »

I was at 10 grams at first, which was a lot, i was on subs for a bit and stopped the subs for about 3 days until i couldnt take the shakes any longer, then went to kratom, 10g was working VERY well to take away cold shakes, i quickly went down to 7g which was good, im now down to 4g doses, which i could probably lower even more. Been clean for over a year, almost 2 so this works. Dont give up on urself, this really is a god send.
Lambeezy
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by Lambeezy »

The first week you will need a higher dose. Maybe 8-10g then slowly taper down and you will get more and more from your kratom man. Stick with it. Kratom life is way better than methadone life.
Methadone has a very long half life so your dose might need to be pretty high for longer than a week. You will figure it out.
Crunch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Beginner getting off methadone questions + BB order

Post by Crunch »

Hope you're doing alright. I just want to point out the types of kratom that you bought for kicking the methadone are typically pretty energetic. I know everyone's different, but when I go through withdrawals there's definitely some extra anxiety for the first few days. I found that relaxing red strains were much more effective for getting through withdrawals. Red Bali, Red Horn, Red Kali, Red Sumatra, etc. are some strains that have worked for me.
Post Reply