Need a quick taper idea!!!

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
ConcernedMom420
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am

Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by ConcernedMom420 »

So I am attending a wedding out of state within the end of the month. I don’t want to be reliant on Kratom while hanging out with family all day everyday with little time to dose. Has anyone accomplished a month long Taper from anywhere around 15gpd (what I currently take a day)? If so, what was your plan? What are some good tips?
User avatar
gumbyke1
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by gumbyke1 »

A very common taper practice is stepping down .5-1gram every 3 days. If you are around 5 grams per dose, you might be able to comfortably get your dose low enough that a single capsule is all you need. The greatest tip I could say is doing the every 3 days method, I find there is something about that specific time-frame that is just right for your body adjusting.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by guitartodd77 »

I've never been good at tapering anything and I know that I am not alone. If this is you, perhaps an intelligent cold turkey break will do the trick.

I'm in the middle of a tolerance break right now. I took a week of vacation to go cold turkey a couple of days ago.

I typically take a total of 16 to 28g a day (in 4g-6g doses). I've been doing this for the past two years straight without a significnt break (I've been using Kratom for almost 7 years
now). My last dose was Sunday evening and It's not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I'll try to describe...

The first 24 hours is pretty easy (which is typical). Pain wasnt too unbearable yet. I use OTC pain meds during the break along with magnesium, cats claw, Agmatine Sulfate and I drink lots and lots of water.

Day 2 wasnt horrible either. The cats claw 3x a day with some ibuprofen and 300mg of Agmatine in the evening made this very tolerable for me so far.

In my opinion, what makes or breaks a decent tolerance break for me is sleep. It is so important for everything and can be challenging after day one. Nights 2 and 3 get restless mainly due to pain (legs and back injuries from a car accident) and RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) feelings which, for me, can only be alleviated completely by moving. The pain is always kinda there so getting comfortable is always difficult. Consequently, Ive found that OTC pain meds, valerian root, kava kava, passion flower extract and/or CBD oil can help before bed.

Last two nights before bed i went with 1200mg of 4:1 passion flower extract on top of 300mg Agmatine Sulfate. My issue with passion flower extract is it usually only works 2 or 3 times initially then its worthless in my experience until you break from it for a month or two.

Again, (and I can't stress this enough) sleep is absolutely critical so It's good to have a backup plan for sleep aids if needed. Now that the passion flower extract is mostly ineffective after 2 nights, I'll now move to 500mg of F-phenibut (a more potent and less intense version of phenibut) to relax for sleep tonight. Word of caution on the phenibut, it can also be physically addictive and I've read that withdrawals from it make kratom withdrawals look like a walk in the park. Use caution. The stuff makes me sleepy and helps a little with pain so I only use it for T-breaks as needed.

After 72 hours/3 days cold turkey, things begin to normalize. Day 4 and 5 begin to feel pretty normal minus some energy and mood deficits. At this point it's just avoiding heavy stressors that might urge me to end the T-break over the last two days. This is why I take vacation during my T-breaks.

At day 6 most of the symptoms are completely gone with the exception of some energy and mood dips. I could easily drop it completely at that point. However, i plan to continue use for my chronic pain and depression. It beats taking dozens of prescription drugs every day and it's cheaper.

I'll start back up again on Saturday at the smallest possible dosage (1g to 2g) and at only once or twice a day. T-breaks can be both physically and financially taxing. Consequently, my thinking is to maximize it. Dealing with chronic pain and depression daily is difficult but Kratom makes life more bareable and, at times, enjoyable for me, my family, my friends and my co-workers. It truly is a miracle leaf. A regular tolerance break can maximize the wonderful benefits.

Good luck and I wish you all the best.
MitraGuy19
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:30 pm
Location: USA

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by MitraGuy19 »

guitartodd77 wrote:I've never been good at tapering anything and I know that I am not alone. If this is you, perhaps an intelligent cold turkey break will do the trick.

I'm in the middle of a tolerance break right now. I took a week of vacation to go cold turkey a couple of days ago.

I typically take a total of 16 to 28g a day (in 4g-6g doses). I've been doing this for the past two years straight without a significnt break (I've been using Kratom for almost 7 years
now). My last dose was Sunday evening and It's not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I'll try to describe...

The first 24 hours is pretty easy (which is typical). Pain wasnt too unbearable yet. I use OTC pain meds during the break along with magnesium, cats claw, Agmatine Sulfate and I drink lots and lots of water.

Day 2 wasnt horrible either. The cats claw 3x a day with some ibuprofen and 300mg of Agmatine in the evening made this very tolerable for me so far.

In my opinion, what makes or breaks a decent tolerance break for me is sleep. It is so important for everything and can be challenging after day one. Nights 2 and 3 get restless mainly due to pain (legs and back injuries from a car accident) and RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) feelings which, for me, can only be alleviated completely by moving. The pain is always kinda there so getting comfortable is always difficult. Consequently, Ive found that OTC pain meds, valerian root, kava kava, passion flower extract and/or CBD oil can help before bed.

Last two nights before bed i went with 1200mg of 4:1 passion flower extract on top of 300mg Agmatine Sulfate. My issue with passion flower extract is it usually only works 2 or 3 times initially then its worthless in my experience until you break from it for a month or two.

Again, (and I can't stress this enough) sleep is absolutely critical so It's good to have a backup plan for sleep aids if needed. Now that the passion flower extract is mostly ineffective after 2 nights, I'll now move to 500mg of F-phenibut (a more potent and less intense version of phenibut) to relax for sleep tonight. Word of caution on the phenibut, it can also be physically addictive and I've read that withdrawals from it make kratom withdrawals look like a walk in the park. Use caution. The stuff makes me sleepy and helps a little with pain so I only use it for T-breaks as needed.

After 72 hours/3 days cold turkey, things begin to normalize. Day 4 and 5 begin to feel pretty normal minus some energy and mood deficits. At this point it's just avoiding heavy stressors that might urge me to end the T-break over the last two days. This is why I take vacation during my T-breaks.

At day 6 most of the symptoms are completely gone with the exception of some energy and mood dips. I could easily drop it completely at that point. However, i plan to continue use for my chronic pain and depression. It beats taking dozens of prescription drugs every day and it's cheaper.

I'll start back up again on Saturday at the smallest possible dosage (1g to 2g) and at only once or twice a day. T-breaks can be both physically and financially taxing. Consequently, my thinking is to maximize it. Dealing with chronic pain and depression daily is difficult but Kratom makes life more bareable and, at times, enjoyable for me, my family, my friends and my co-workers. It truly is a miracle leaf. A regular tolerance break can maximize the wonderful benefits.

Good luck and I wish you all the best.
I agree with most of this. Especially the part about how important sleep is. Man, when I try to stop, it's the freakin insomnia that pushes me to ending my break. If I manage to muscle through the insomnia without taking karatom, Im in a horrible mood with no energy the next day from lack of sleep. That's when it gets even more difficult. I'll feel even worse the next day if I didn't sleep. Two days of that with little to no sleep makes a small dose seem extremely appealing in the short term. Then it all goes to crap. You gotta get some decent sleep man!
CrazyCatLady
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by CrazyCatLady »

I don’t know if you’d consider this, but why not instead of a taper, you just use buy or make some Kratom Tincture ?
It’s been a life changer for me, and it works quickly. You just have a little amber bottle with a dropper, depending on your dosing, 1-2 drops under the tongue and you’re good for 6-12 hours. You can hide the dropper bottle in your purse or even your pockets, and whenever you need or want more, just head to the bathroom. I’ve even used it around lots of people with some slight of hand.
They aren’t super cheap online, so I normally make mine. All you need is:
  • Kratom
    Alcohol(Vodka, Whiskey, Etc)
    Mason Jar/Bottle
    Citric Acid/Lemon Juice
    Strainer/Cheesecloth
    Amber Dropper Bottle
Super easy to make and has removed all side effects of the kratom for me. I’ve traveled repeatedly with the tincture no problem.
Just a thought, though I know it’s good to taper and take breaks. I just know how much a game changer making my own kratom tincture was for me.
Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions!
®eddit®efugee
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by ®eddit®efugee »

Honestly at 15grams a day I would try a day or two without kratom if it's not uncomfortable and then taking a smaller dose than normal once or twice a day for a few days and then repeating. I haven't really experienced physical withdrawal symptoms (even after the ban scare where I took the most I ever took over two months because I had so many strains I wanted to try and I was on the fence about stocking up a potential illegal drug in the quantities one would stockpile kratom, i.e. kilos) except for perhaps a little feeling out of sorts (which I've even had the day after ibuprofen so my system is admittedly weird) and insomnia (which I normally have anyway so it might not have been kratom.)

If you find you are uncomfortable you can always try an epsom salt bath (like 2 cups) and see if that helps before dosing.

But at 15 grams a day I don't see you having any problem and tolerance breaks are excellent. I still use kratom but I've been using it less and less.
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by guitartodd77 »

There is also the "Candy" resin. It's about the size of a peppermint and you can just toss it under your tongue. Tastes bitter if you ask me but it's easy and it works in a pinch.

Available at Okie Kratom and they are a trusted, high quality vendor.

Here is the "candy" description from the website...

"Resin Candy 20:1 Extract

Calling this "Candy" is a stretch. It is what is is. They take our product and make a resin "candy" out of it. Its a hard product with a little stickiness to it and a HINT of sweetness. Weight is about 5.5 - 6grams."

Link to the product: https://okiekratom.com/products/resin-c ... 69c4&_ss=r

A quick friendly PSA.... watch out with those extracts and resins. They will jack your tolerance way up if you use them too often. That is all.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Quick Taper Tolerance Break

Just wanted to chip-in here, Guitar Todd's got an excellent plan. My last T-Break was over 3 months ago, four days iirc and, I lowered my Serving Size down around 2g.. well, it's been creeping back up slowly. In the past I've been up around 15g per day, with up-to 7g servings. Right now I'm < 10g per day.. this should be easy! :P

Here's my Plan. Two Day quick taper, plus 3-Day Break. From past experience, that's all I need to totally re-set my tolerance!
  • Taper Day 1: Cut Kratom in half. Use Agmatine +Theanine at night.
  • Taper Day 2: Take Half a Vicodin 7.5 norco. No Kratom! Agmatine +Theanine at night.
  • Break Day 1: No Kratom. Phenibut 500 mg daytime +Cats Claw. Melatonin at night.
  • Break Day 2: No Kratom. Use OTC Tylenol as needed +Cats Claw +DLPA. Melatonin +Theanine at night.
  • Break Final Day: No Kratom. Ibuprofen OR Turmeric as needed +Cats Claw. Melatonin +Theanine at night.
Similar to what Todd's doing, I add just ONE day using hydrocodone, and 1 day Phenibut .. These plus Theanine give me great sleep. IF I have any trouble sleeping I'll add 1-Tsp of Black Seed Oil ( prefer that over using Valerian Root or other herbs.) I cycle the Agmatine low-dose 300 mg only 2 or 3 days then stop. Get exercise daily, plan on gym workouts every other day. Eat balanced meals and drink plenty of water! 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Crunch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Need a quick taper idea!!!

Post by Crunch »

ConcernedMom420 wrote:So I am attending a wedding out of state within the end of the month. I don’t want to be reliant on Kratom while hanging out with family all day everyday with little time to dose. Has anyone accomplished a month long Taper from anywhere around 15gpd (what I currently take a day)? If so, what was your plan? What are some good tips?
I was taking ~20g, sometimes more, per day for several months. I quit cold turkey, and the only withdrawal symptoms that I had were some mental cravings and a runny nose on the first day. I even slept really well, which surprised me.

About a week ago I was reading a post on here and someone was saying that they only take 1g per dose. They said they've been doing that for years, and never increased. So I decided that I would try and get my dosage down, too. I immediately cut my dose in half. I went from 2 teaspoons to 1 teaspoon per does every 4 or 5 hours. I figured I'd have a few days of not feeling much effect from the kratom as my body adjusted. I'll be damned if I didn't still feel the kratom just as strongly with half the dose. What cutting my dose did was alleviated some of the negative side effects that I've experienced since I've started using kratom.

The advice to you would be to cut your dose in half. do that for a few days, and then maybe cut it in half again after a week or so. At this point you should be able to stop with no serious withdrawal symptoms. I would stay away from all of the other crazy supplements and drugs being used to detox. The less you put in your body the better, and if you get your dose low enough before stopping, you shouldn't need any other substance to help you. Good luck ;)
Post Reply