Page 1 of 1
People of the Plant
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:02 am
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
Some of yall know me from time on r/kratom. Others may not have a clue when they see the username. I've been away for quite some time dealing with cancer and am finally getting back in to Kratom advocacy work here in DC after over a year of chemo and treatment.
This has been posted a few other places but if you haven't seen it yet-
We as a community are making another movie. This one will be about the community and will have a large portion dedicated to the farmers in Indo, the academics in Malaysia and even those that fought hard to make it legal again in Thailand. We will also be spending some time in Canada to show more about what they are working on in the Great White North. This film will not be an advertisement for a company. Its about you. Without you though we cant make this happen.
We have funding, 75 thousand dollars, from a generous donor but we have to raise the other half or the film wont happen. We have until October 4th and as of today we are almost to 11 thousand. All we can ask is you toss in a dollar if you can, or more, and let's make this happen.
I made a commitment that I wont be taking any pay during the production nor any profits from the film except for my travel costs. We do have to cover crew pay/costs, equipment, etc so obviously it wont be cheap but we think we will come in under budget and what's left over along with profits later from the film will go to donations in to establishing the People of the Plant foundation to fund research in to Kratom and other plants, some will also go to several Kratom related advocacy groups
When the film is finally released it will be on a free platform but for the donors you will get to see a couple early versions of the film in late spring and early summer 2020 and then help us through donor surveys decide what makes the final cut that will come out in 2021.
If you make a pledge today you will not be charged for it until October 4th. You can find out more here-
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pe ... -the-plant
If you have any questions you think would be suited for our Kickstarter FAQ page so all should know, please leave them below and we will get them answered.
Will also be doing a live AMA about the film sometime this next week in the evening for those that are interested.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 am
by herbalhippie
NERDS!!!!!!
I'm so happy to see you here! Hope you're doing well!
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:29 am
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
herbalhippie wrote:NERDS!!!!!!
I'm so happy to see you here! Hope you're doing well!
I am doing a lot better. Sorry it took me so long to get in over here and took me posting about the film to start. I'll try to be somewhat active without annoying people with talk of cGMP and standards. Lol I'm more interested in hearing people's stories and making tea these days.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm
by herbalhippie
Good, I'm glad you came out the other side ok. <3
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:30 pm
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
herbalhippie wrote:Good, I'm glad you came out the other side ok. <3
The need for a round 2 of chemo gave me a lot of time to think.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:29 pm
by Thekid1420
Just pledged. Nerds video on how to make Kratom tea is still my go to method. Glad to see u are doing better and back in the game. Excited for this movie. Saw on another thread Nerds asking what u could do different from Leaf of Faith. Only recommendation I have is stay away from the head shop Kratom distributors. That one guy in leaf just seemed super sleazy to me.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:31 pm
by herbalhippie
Yeah I think that's what a lot of people were unhappy about with Leaf of Faith was the head shop Ice guy.
I mean to donate to this Kickstarter myself.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:45 pm
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
Thekid1420 wrote:Just pledged. Nerds video on how to make Kratom tea is still my go to method. Glad to see u are doing better and back in the game. Excited for this movie. Saw on another thread Nerds asking what u could do different from Leaf of Faith. Only recommendation I have is stay away from the head shop Kratom distributors. That one guy in leaf just seemed super sleazy to me.
We dont intend to have any brands mentioned but we will likely go see several different vendor facilities in the US and overseas.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm
by KurtisCards
herbalhippie wrote:Yeah I think that's what a lot of people were unhappy about with Leaf of Faith was the head shop Ice guy.
I mean to donate to this Kickstarter myself.
this is what i thought exactly, and the lack of focus on the rest of the kratom community. not just pain patients, but addicts have benefited form this plant immensely. take me for instance, 10 years of opiate abuse from, pills in family medicine cabinet, to i.v. heroin, to prison, to subs, and finally kratom. has changed my life for the better and im sure countless others as well. kratom helped me turn my life around in a big way.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:12 pm
by herbalhippie
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Thekid1420 wrote:Just pledged. Nerds video on how to make Kratom tea is still my go to method. Glad to see u are doing better and back in the game. Excited for this movie. Saw on another thread Nerds asking what u could do different from Leaf of Faith. Only recommendation I have is stay away from the head shop Kratom distributors. That one guy in leaf just seemed super sleazy to me.
We dont intend to have any brands mentioned but we will likely go see several different vendor facilities in the US and overseas.
Sounds very good!
Can't give much sadly but I'm about to donate right now.

Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:59 pm
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
herbalhippie wrote:
Sounds very good!
Can't give much sadly but I'm about to donate right now.

Any and every donor is a part of this and we appreciate it greatly.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:23 pm
by BallzDeep9
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:I'll try to be somewhat active without annoying people with talk of cGMP and standards. Lol I'm more interested in hearing people's stories and making tea these days.
Good to see you! Lots to chat about, besides which vendor has the best Maeng Da... A real independent doc film would be great. There is SO much mis-information floating around.. as usual lol.

. Many Reddit refugees here. Your Tea recipe is a classic, still one of the best tea videos out there...
I took chemo, Alpha Interferon, ten years ago.. Just had a heart operation this year.. Kratom has helped me to deal with medication' side effects, alleviate stress, and take the edge off depression. It's a fantastic discovery!! But we need to get through the endless BS surrounding this plant.. Not just FDA / DEA, but also, greed and profit motive are becoming a significant problem imho
I'll pass the word, best of luck with your Project. Please stick around for discussion!

Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:53 am
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
Thank you Ballz.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:02 pm
by Thekid1420
So the doc got cancelled??
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:27 pm
by herbalhippie
I got the email this morning and it made me sad. I had pledged to it.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:31 pm
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
As of this morning we had to scuttle the film. I've had some life issues come up and will cause me to address that and may take a few months. Hopefully once I get life stable again and I can assure my attention on the Film and the Foundation that will follow I'll restart the idea.
I'm sorry this is happening, truly sorry. The nice part with kickstarter is everything is just pledged and no one is being charged for that.
I do so much appreciate the trust in me to tell the story of this community and I will eventually do just that.
Drew
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:26 am
by Thekid1420
No worries Nerds get well first and foremost and come back whenever u feel is right.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:44 am
by BallzDeep9
Understood. Everyone has enjoyed your Youtube channel, Tea tutorial, and appearance in Leaf Of Faith.. You would have a good chance of success, at doing this project and raising the needed funds.
But definitely, take care of yourself !! A few months ago I had a sudden cardiac event, and wound up in hospital Intensive Care.. now, have recovered but I'm taking bunches of meds along with strict diet.
There are many, many, cases of people who beat the odds on cancer and stuff.. We need ya here man. Keep us posted!

Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:23 am
by RumRunner
Drew, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family......
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:42 am
by whatssocomplicated
nerds, i'm so sorry for what you're going through...
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:47 am
by herbalhippie
I'm sorry, Nerds. Hoping everything will be ok.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:11 am
by NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
Thanks everyone for the good vibes. We are working to sort out the mess that has happened, luckily this is not my health this time.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:51 am
by herbalhippie
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Thanks everyone for the good vibes. We are working to sort out the mess that has happened, luckily this is not my health this time.
Oh well that's good anyway. I was wondering and worrying.
Re: People of the Plant
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 pm
by Kindashewantsto
Thank you for the info and for fighting this fight! I am happy to see what you are doing, and hoping to help. Glad to see you around again!