New to Kratom
-
Jennifer
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 pm
New to Kratom
Hi everyone,
New here and fairly new to Kratom. I've been buying Red Bail capsules at a head shop for a few months now, but that's as far as my Kratom experience goes.
After much research, I learned I'm probably not getting the best quality from a local store, and capsules really aren't the best method. There's so much info out there, sometimes contradictory, and it's just so overwhelming. You all seem to know so much about it, so hopefully someone can help. I'm looking for something for pain. The Red Bali was helping w both of those, but the amount of capsules I have to take now is ridiculous. And are capsules not as potent? I've seen toss and wash come up a lot on other sites. Is this method more effective?
I apologize if this has been discussed already. Any advice is appreciated.
New here and fairly new to Kratom. I've been buying Red Bail capsules at a head shop for a few months now, but that's as far as my Kratom experience goes.
After much research, I learned I'm probably not getting the best quality from a local store, and capsules really aren't the best method. There's so much info out there, sometimes contradictory, and it's just so overwhelming. You all seem to know so much about it, so hopefully someone can help. I'm looking for something for pain. The Red Bali was helping w both of those, but the amount of capsules I have to take now is ridiculous. And are capsules not as potent? I've seen toss and wash come up a lot on other sites. Is this method more effective?
I apologize if this has been discussed already. Any advice is appreciated.
Last edited by Jennifer on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: New to Kratom
Yes. Toss and wash is, well, maybe not "more effective" per se, but it acts quicker if your body doesn't have to digest all of those capsules. Also, in general (since this is a public website) it's not a great plan to compare kratom to prescription drugs. As far as what works best, you just have to keep trying until you find what works best for you. Have you tried greens? A blend of reds and greens? So very many possibilities and combinations...You've got the right idea moving away from head shops and ordering online. There are many good vendors discussed here, just pick one that fits with your.paymenr option needs and roll with it. Good luck!
-
Jennifer
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 pm
Re: New to Kratom
Thank you so much for your help. Will def try reds & greens. Read a lot of great vendor reviews on here, and am very much looking forward to trying some quality Kratom.
And I edited my post, thanks for the heads up on that.
And I edited my post, thanks for the heads up on that.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: New to Kratom
I tried toss and wash exactly once. Never again.
I heat up an inch or two of water to hot in the microwave, stir in my dose, add a bit of cold water to cool it down and toss it back. Glass of water after.
Welcome to the forum!
I heat up an inch or two of water to hot in the microwave, stir in my dose, add a bit of cold water to cool it down and toss it back. Glass of water after.
Welcome to the forum!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: New to Kratom
Welcome to MM, there is a Search Bar at top of page.. suggest research "Red Bubble", smoothie, read about preparing your powder leaf, as a Ice cold drink. Seems like every time I look on Facebook, someone is asking How can I take this powder?Jennifer wrote:I learned I'm probably not getting the best quality from a local store, and capsules really aren't the best method. There's so much info out there, sometimes contradictory, and it's just so overwhelming.
Personally I decided 3 years ago, that I would never, ever, "Toss & Wash" the whole idea of dumping powder down my throat seemed so... totally stupid. So.. I started with OJ. Moved to prepping my powder with boiling water/ cool, frozen OJ mix... Then freezing and thawing. Mix w/ vitamins and MiO flavoring. I've got a cold Kratom Smoothie in the fridge every day.
Yeah it takes time... But so does, brewing a pot of coffee. Nobody says Hey, Let's just Eat the coffee or Tea, and not brew it? lol
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: New to Kratom
Hi Jennifer, Welcome to the forum. Tons of wisdom and experience in this group.
The toss and wash method works great for some but I had issues with taste on certain strains. That is when I switched over to what i now call an "OJ Suspension". I prefer the Simply Orange brand of OJ and you can find small, 12 oz bottles of it at Costco or at a 7-11 near you. I buy bulk or get the large gallon jugs of "Simply Orange" and re-fill the smaller bottles over and over again as needed.
I set it up like this.. One bottle I fill up about a 3rd of the way for mixing in the powder. The other bottle is to refill with a bit more OJ to remove any stubborn chunks of powder that might remain. The second bottle also holds two to three more set ups of OJ for the remainder of the day if needed.
I recommend mixing in about 2 grams of powder to start (especially if it's a strain you are unfamiliar with) into the Simply Orange bottle that's 1/3 the way full, shake it up for about 15-20 seconds to where the powder is "suspended" in the OJ (it should be green or brown now depending on the strain). Then you chug down that 1/3 bottle of green/brown mixture while the powder is floating in the OJ. You may notice some powder stuck to the sides or lid. This is where the 2nd bottle comes in. After drinking all of the mixture, pour a drink or two of OJ back into the used bottle, shake it up again and drink it down again running each drink along the sides of the bottle to catch any clumps that may have stayed behind. After the second drink, the bottle should be pretty clean and ready to use again later with whatever remains in the other OJ bottle.
Works on the go or at work as well. I take a couple of bottles to work with me in an iced lunch pack. Keeps it cold all day.
Hope this helps.
The toss and wash method works great for some but I had issues with taste on certain strains. That is when I switched over to what i now call an "OJ Suspension". I prefer the Simply Orange brand of OJ and you can find small, 12 oz bottles of it at Costco or at a 7-11 near you. I buy bulk or get the large gallon jugs of "Simply Orange" and re-fill the smaller bottles over and over again as needed.
I set it up like this.. One bottle I fill up about a 3rd of the way for mixing in the powder. The other bottle is to refill with a bit more OJ to remove any stubborn chunks of powder that might remain. The second bottle also holds two to three more set ups of OJ for the remainder of the day if needed.
I recommend mixing in about 2 grams of powder to start (especially if it's a strain you are unfamiliar with) into the Simply Orange bottle that's 1/3 the way full, shake it up for about 15-20 seconds to where the powder is "suspended" in the OJ (it should be green or brown now depending on the strain). Then you chug down that 1/3 bottle of green/brown mixture while the powder is floating in the OJ. You may notice some powder stuck to the sides or lid. This is where the 2nd bottle comes in. After drinking all of the mixture, pour a drink or two of OJ back into the used bottle, shake it up again and drink it down again running each drink along the sides of the bottle to catch any clumps that may have stayed behind. After the second drink, the bottle should be pretty clean and ready to use again later with whatever remains in the other OJ bottle.
Works on the go or at work as well. I take a couple of bottles to work with me in an iced lunch pack. Keeps it cold all day.
Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: New to Kratom
Orange juice bottle absolutely! It does two things for you. The orange juice gives you the potentiation,
and more importantly, it gives you the portability of capsules. I don’t have to measure out doses in front
of my coworkers at my workstation. My OJ bottle is loaded up before I leave for work and I can dose easily
and conveniently when I want without drawing suspicion.
and more importantly, it gives you the portability of capsules. I don’t have to measure out doses in front
of my coworkers at my workstation. My OJ bottle is loaded up before I leave for work and I can dose easily
and conveniently when I want without drawing suspicion.
-
Jennifer
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 pm
Re: New to Kratom
Thank you all so much! Yeah, was not excited about toss and wash at all. I was horrified, actually.
Love the orange juice ideas, and the smoothie sounds pretty good. Thank you Ballzdeep9 and guirartodd77 for taking the time to explain your methods in detail. Very much appreciated, and will be trying both of these.
Looks like I finally found the right website. Thanks again! Y'all are amazing!
Love the orange juice ideas, and the smoothie sounds pretty good. Thank you Ballzdeep9 and guirartodd77 for taking the time to explain your methods in detail. Very much appreciated, and will be trying both of these.
Looks like I finally found the right website. Thanks again! Y'all are amazing!
-
demafrost
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm
Re: New to Kratom
Interesting. I've always T&W'd because I'm scared that doing anything else will lose the effectiveness of the alkaloids (unfounded based on nothing but my own paranoia). I'll have to try that as I'd like an easier way though I've done T&W hundreds of times.herbalhippie wrote:I tried toss and wash exactly once. Never again.
I heat up an inch or two of water to hot in the microwave, stir in my dose, add a bit of cold water to cool it down and toss it back. Glass of water after.
Welcome to the forum!
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: New to Kratom
The OJ method does a pretty good job of covering up the bitter taste and it's both simple and easy. It can get a little expensive if you use only "Simply Orange" brand like I do but it absolutely tastes the best in my opinion.
RE: Potentiation.... I had read that the citric acid in the OJ helps to break down the powder a little bit but I think its the sugar that helps speed up the digestion of the kratom. All that sugar may help it to hit a little faster and harder perhaps but this is pure speculation. I'm sure it isn't a huge difference if any. I just do it this way to cover up the taste and its fast.
I've tried making tea and the "red bubble" but they are not for me. I'm sure I messed something up along the way but the final results didn't justify the extra time and preparation required for either method. It certainly works for others.
RE: Potentiation.... I had read that the citric acid in the OJ helps to break down the powder a little bit but I think its the sugar that helps speed up the digestion of the kratom. All that sugar may help it to hit a little faster and harder perhaps but this is pure speculation. I'm sure it isn't a huge difference if any. I just do it this way to cover up the taste and its fast.
I've tried making tea and the "red bubble" but they are not for me. I'm sure I messed something up along the way but the final results didn't justify the extra time and preparation required for either method. It certainly works for others.