Boiling Kratom
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Boiling Kratom
So I got in to a conversation with a friend I've made in Malaysia who has family that still make Krarom tea from fresh leaves to this day. We got to discussing tea methods here and he said "you are doing it all wrong, boil it for a while". So the last few days I've set my tea maker to 212° and ran it through multiple cycles so it wound up over an hour per batch. It seems quite strong, in fact it makes me pretty sedate in comparison to my regular tea which is a bit more energetic, same 5 grams per pint of water. Tomorrow I'm going to try making a huge batch like they do in a big ass pot and just boil it for 3+ hours to see what comes of it
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Boiling Kratom
I still have yet to try tea. Seems like a lot of bother for a 1 gram dose. 
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Boiling Kratom
They boil leaves,,we're boiling powder ,,Wouldn't that change the timing?? Good luck,,if it increases the pain relief let me know,,and for 1 grm. HH,
? I wish I got pain relief with 1 gr., it takes me at least 2 or 3,, 
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Boiling Kratom
So IIRC Nerds ( If I recall correctly,) your classic Tea video on Youtube has like a 20 minute soak in Lemon Juice, followed by 40 minutes of slow boiling? Total around 1 hour, but its been awhile since I watched that.. Admittedly I used that as a Guide, then tweaked it a bit.. A Tea Topic is welcome and needed here.
Fresh Leaf has to be a different method from Crushed, or Powder ? but someone always asks "Hey doesn't boiling kill all the Alkaloids". To which the answer is ? Not really.. Not keeping it to a slow simmer, maybe that's 212 as you suggest ?
I actually use a Double Boiler setup for crushed, which is very gentle and turns a nice orange color.. around 1 hour. Pic below. Strain that, then dump the wet leaf into a pan, with some powder, for another 1 hour of simmering...

Fresh Leaf has to be a different method from Crushed, or Powder ? but someone always asks "Hey doesn't boiling kill all the Alkaloids". To which the answer is ? Not really.. Not keeping it to a slow simmer, maybe that's 212 as you suggest ?
I actually use a Double Boiler setup for crushed, which is very gentle and turns a nice orange color.. around 1 hour. Pic below. Strain that, then dump the wet leaf into a pan, with some powder, for another 1 hour of simmering...

Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: Boiling Kratom
Yeah originally it was a simmer, not a full rolling boil at 212° and then it would steep at a real low heat that may still simmer a bit. Try the full boil for a while, it makes a world of difference.
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: Boiling Kratom
I'm boiling crushed leaves myself, just dried ones. It absolutly increased the pain relief for me yesterday but I'll keep doing this for a while and see if that keeps happening.Oletimer wrote:They boil leaves,,we're boiling powder ,,Wouldn't that change the timing?? Good luck,,if it increases the pain relief let me know,,and for 1 grm. HH,? I wish I got pain relief with 1 gr., it takes me at least 2 or 3,,
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: Boiling Kratom
Swallowing powder just tears my guts up something awful. If I could take a gram once a day vs 5 grams once or twice I'd deal with it but even tak in ng capsuled kratkm when traveling screws me up after a couple days.herbalhippie wrote:I still have yet to try tea. Seems like a lot of bother for a 1 gram dose.
-
HappyHulu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm
Re: Boiling Kratom
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Yeah originally it was a simmer, not a full rolling boil at 212° and then it would steep at a real low heat that may still simmer a bit. Try the full boil for a while, it makes a world of difference.
I boil anywhere from 1.5 to 2 grams (crushed or powder) at 212 for about an hour, along with lemon. I let it sit, covered, all day in the pot. If I'm using powder (I heat it back up), then pour it through my Aeropress. With crushed leaf I can just strain it... a little easier to do.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Boiling Kratom
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Swallowing powder just tears my guts up something awful.herbalhippie wrote:I still have yet to try tea. Seems like a lot of bother for a 1 gram dose.
It tears my stomach up too, even only at a gram maybe 5 times a day. I take Zantac for it. I'm about to drop the Zantac, I talked my doctor into giving me a prescription for BMX cocktail (Mylanta, lidocaine and Benedryl), I'll try a bit of that when I get stomach pain from kratom.
-
Theanine
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Boiling Kratom
An easy solution is to preprocess the leaf. Take a teaspoon or two of kratom and add about an ounce of Lemon/Lime juice with a bit of salt, stir into a paste and either let it sit for a bit or immediately add hot water at around 180 degrees F, stir, drink. Vinegar can also be added to the mix, the acidity helps break down the leaf wall and release alkaloids. Boiling would destroy SOME of the alkaloids, BUT it would also convert a lot of Mit into far more potent and sedating 7oh Mit. So, if you want an even slower leaf with MORE pain relief and LESS euphoria, then also boil it. You are essentially forcing your kratom into a Red ferment state WIHOUT any fermentation but rather heat processing, similar results though since this method is similar in effect to fermentation processing, and it also slows down the leaf. I actually use this trick with any extremely fast strains because of that Mit conversion, but it does somewhat diminish the euphoric effects while improving the pain killing ones which the 7oh mit provides. Am I making any sense here?herbalhippie wrote:NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Swallowing powder just tears my guts up something awful.herbalhippie wrote:I still have yet to try tea. Seems like a lot of bother for a 1 gram dose.
It tears my stomach up too, even only at a gram maybe 5 times a day. I take Zantac for it. I'm about to drop the Zantac, I talked my doctor into giving me a prescription for BMX cocktail (Mylanta, lidocaine and Benedryl), I'll try a bit of that when I get stomach pain from kratom.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Boiling Kratom
What really extracts the alkaloids is making a firecracker! A Firecracker is your Kratom dose mixed in peanut butter between two big thick crackers like golden Grahams. Then you just microwave your delicious Kratom edible for 90 seconds. 
-
Theanine
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Boiling Kratom
Seriously? Fascinating! I am honestly not sure if you're serious or not.FartBlaster wrote:What really extracts the alkaloids is making a firecracker! A Firecracker is your Kratom dose mixed in peanut butter between two big thick crackers like golden Grahams. Then you just microwave your delicious Kratom edible for 90 seconds.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Boiling Kratom
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Yeah originally it was a simmer, not a full rolling boil at 212° and then it would steep at a real low heat that may still simmer a bit. Try the full boil for a while, it makes a world of difference.
I got chastised incessantly on reddit for saying this, which is also my method. They kept harping on "destroyed alkaloids" which, you're moderately far away from the temp that destroys alkaloids at water boiling point. One thing I HAVEN'T experimented with is an bour+ boiling vs. twenty minutes boiling which is the method wot recommends in his tutorials. He also recommends simmering after you reach boiling point.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Boiling Kratom
That is sofakingwetodded! Sounds gross. But you can make a single serving firecracker with weed using that recipe and quickly whip up an edibleFartBlaster wrote:What really extracts the alkaloids is making a firecracker! A Firecracker is your Kratom dose mixed in peanut butter between two big thick crackers like golden Grahams. Then you just microwave your delicious Kratom edible for 90 seconds.
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: Boiling Kratom
The Malaysians have it boiling in giant pots for several hours. Then after they let it cool in the pot it is very concentrated is what the friend explained. I'd sort of heard all that but being told it directly from someone that's been drinking it regularly for years brought a bit more of interest to my experimenting. I just wish I could get enough fresh leaves like they do. Lolmivanqua wrote:
I got chastised incessantly on reddit for saying this, which is also my method. They kept harping on "destroyed alkaloids" which, you're moderately far away from the temp that destroys alkaloids at water boiling point. One thing I HAVEN'T experimented with is an bour+ boiling vs. twenty minutes boiling which is the method wot recommends in his tutorials. He also recommends simmering after you reach boiling point.
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: Boiling Kratom
Had stomach issues with Ross and wash started using Ballz red bubble method and straining the plant matter smaller doses ni stomach problems and I lost a pznt size this month
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Boiling Kratom
I boiled down some tea that I made from Benni's crushed leaf. Actually I forgot about it so the amount was smaller than I started with due to evaportaion
The resulting tea was fire though! I got just about every thing on my ToDo list done. 
* javagurl62
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Boiling Kratom
I thought I read somewhere that heating the Kratom destroyed the important alkaloids ???????
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Boiling Kratom
Nope. This is incorrect. You would have to heat it MUCH higher than the boiling point of water.Greyfeather wrote:I thought I read somewhere that heating the Kratom destroyed the important alkaloids ???????
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Boiling Kratom
Thanks! NTOTW,--I'm boiling crushed leaves myself, just dried ones. It absolutly increased the pain relief for me yesterday but I'll keep doing this for a while and see if that keeps happening.---- PAIN relief ,some times is sole reason for dosing,,, ,very interesting thread! 
-
daxodactyl
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am
Re: Boiling Kratom
This sounds similar to the method I've settled on after almost 3 years... Boil 40oz of water in electric kettle first (for speed), then pour into pot on stove on medium-low heat (or lowest setting to boil for your stove). Add 5g crushed leaf. Cover and wait 2 hours. Strain with standard loose leaf tea infuser basket. Works like a charm every time.
-
pray4peace4
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 446
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am
Re: Boiling Kratom
Reading this thread gave me the desire to try it out. I got some standard powder, put 12g of RVA PMD in a large coffee filter & stapled it shut, then boiled it for 2 hours. I know some of you think boiling may destroy the alkaloids but I read a research paper that prepared their doses this way with good results. The tea was quite literally black. I let it cool a little, then put some creamer in it & it turned red. Really tasted different. My son drank it straight & said it wasn't like drinking powder at all, that it was pretty good. I sipped some straight tea & it was good. I was surprised. No bitterness at all. Them came the results, which I didn't expect.
After about 45 minutes this feeling came over me like I'd taken a double dose of ambien. An uncontrollable sleepiness was coming over me. I was cooking dinner at the time so it was really inconvenient. I managed to finish cooking but after that I went & laid down & bam, I was out for 3 hours. Tried it again 2 days later & same thing happened. I can't say the positive effects from kratom that we all like were there, but this is an amazing sleep aid.
After about 45 minutes this feeling came over me like I'd taken a double dose of ambien. An uncontrollable sleepiness was coming over me. I was cooking dinner at the time so it was really inconvenient. I managed to finish cooking but after that I went & laid down & bam, I was out for 3 hours. Tried it again 2 days later & same thing happened. I can't say the positive effects from kratom that we all like were there, but this is an amazing sleep aid.