Note: I’ve tried green and white and I’m not a fan. It doesn’t work well for my anxiety.
Suggestions for red strains
-
Lisac1818
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:40 pm
Suggestions for red strains
I dose 4g multiple times a day. At first (4 monthe ago) used it to come off opiates, now use it for pain relief (jaw replacement surgery in feb) and for anxiety. I always used SoCal red Bali which worked amazingly well! They are out of stock and I cannot find a good substitute! Smiley time works but gives me the wobbles VERY badly. I get dizzy and Sometimes nauseous after just one dose. I’ve also ordered from kats, Carolina, mmmspeciosa, happy hippo and RVA. (All strains-meant da, Thai, bent) None of them work at all for me
Any other suggestions for me to get another strain to work?? I’m desperate.
Note: I’ve tried green and white and I’m not a fan. It doesn’t work well for my anxiety.
Note: I’ve tried green and white and I’m not a fan. It doesn’t work well for my anxiety.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Suggestions for red strains
Speciosa Life Red Bali 2 is great. You may have to lower your dosage if STH RB caused nausea.
I've read that the chocolate bemt is good but I typically do not use bents.
The Red Kali was slow to mid spec for me. It could be used as a daytime red but it certainty helps with sleep.
I have the Red Sunda but haven't dipped into it yet. However, I've read good things about it as well.
Every strain I've purchased from Jody so far has been excellent. His Red Bali 2 is my favorite out of the 6 red Bali's that I have (including SoCals last round of RB1).
Good luck!
I've read that the chocolate bemt is good but I typically do not use bents.
The Red Kali was slow to mid spec for me. It could be used as a daytime red but it certainty helps with sleep.
I have the Red Sunda but haven't dipped into it yet. However, I've read good things about it as well.
Every strain I've purchased from Jody so far has been excellent. His Red Bali 2 is my favorite out of the 6 red Bali's that I have (including SoCals last round of RB1).
Good luck!
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Suggestions for red strains
Some of my current standout favs arranged by category....Lisac1818 wrote:I dose 4g multiple times a day. At first (4 monthe ago) used it to come off opiates, now use it for pain relief (jaw replacement surgery in feb) and for anxiety. I always used SoCal red Bali which worked amazingly well! They are out of stock and I cannot find a good substitute! Smiley time works but gives me the wobbles VERY badly. I get dizzy and Sometimes nauseous after just one dose. I’ve also ordered from kats, Carolina, mmmspeciosa, happy hippo and RVA. (All strains-meant da, Thai, bent) None of them work at all for meAny other suggestions for me to get another strain to work?? I’m desperate.
Note: I’ve tried green and white and I’m not a fan. It doesn’t work well for my anxiety.
SLOW... KOG Dark Elephant, SOULTANIC Dark Elephant, Red Vein2, SPECIOSA LIFE Red Bali, Red Malay, KRATOM TRADING COMPANY Red Borneo, Yellow Borneo, SPIRIT SCIENCE Premium Red Plantation, GGK Wild Red, DG Red Indo, Yellow MD, SOSA Red Sunda, Red Indo, Red Horn, Gold MD, Red Malay, and MITRA-MAN Red MD, and Gold Borneo!!!
MID SPEC... SOSA Red Borneo, Red Sumatra, Red Thai, Red Elephant, Agus Red Bone, Red Vietnam, SMILEY Red Bali, SOULTANIC Red Borneo, Red MD!!
I personally don't think there are many if at all FAST reds so I use mid specs for daytime and maybe blend with a little of another color type to add some energy for work or the gym even. I'm sure there are plenty more and if ya want additional details feel free to reach out here, by PM, or even on DISCORD as my name is the same there as is everywhere really hahaha. GOOD LUCK, LATER ON!!!
-
dawnm1982
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 am
Re: Suggestions for red strains
I only take reds & I take for chronic pain. I also dose multiple times a day. I have tried a lot of vendors that won’t even touch my pain so I totally get what you mean but it’s very frustrating. I do struggle with finding strains that are effective for my pain but I have found the following that have helped me:
Smiley: Red Sandai, Red Aceh, Red Smile, Red Sunda, & wild red Borneo.
Mitra-Man: red md & red Thai.
Soul: red md & red vein 2.
Sosa: red md, red Borneo, red Malay, red indo, & red horn.
Restore Jake (discord): red md, red Borneo, red horn, super red, & red hulu.
I take all of these during the daytime & take smaller doses & mix with faster reds and/or golds, yellows, & whites. The only really relaxing strains above that I don’t really like taking while I’m at work are smileys wild red Borneo, Sosa red indo, & Jakes red hulu. I buy strains that are non-sedating only because I get no good effects from greens unfortunately. I still buy new vendors all the time looking for new strains that help me for my rotation.
Please feel free to message me with any questions.
I used to have great luck with KOG until 6 months ago when I had surgery. My favorites there were: pink aceh, pink elephant, plantation red md, & red tenaga.
Smiley: Red Sandai, Red Aceh, Red Smile, Red Sunda, & wild red Borneo.
Mitra-Man: red md & red Thai.
Soul: red md & red vein 2.
Sosa: red md, red Borneo, red Malay, red indo, & red horn.
Restore Jake (discord): red md, red Borneo, red horn, super red, & red hulu.
I take all of these during the daytime & take smaller doses & mix with faster reds and/or golds, yellows, & whites. The only really relaxing strains above that I don’t really like taking while I’m at work are smileys wild red Borneo, Sosa red indo, & Jakes red hulu. I buy strains that are non-sedating only because I get no good effects from greens unfortunately. I still buy new vendors all the time looking for new strains that help me for my rotation.
Please feel free to message me with any questions.
I used to have great luck with KOG until 6 months ago when I had surgery. My favorites there were: pink aceh, pink elephant, plantation red md, & red tenaga.
-
Crunch
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
- Location: Missouri
Re: Suggestions for red strains
Everything that I've tried from mitraman has been exceptional. The strains that I've tried that have been slower and good for pain relief are:
-Red Bali
-Red Borneo
-Red Sumatra
-Gold Sumatra
Many say that the Gold Borneo is also good. I found it to be really potent and a little on the fast side. I'm going to try it again since I didn't really care for it the first time I tried it and so many others seem to love it.
-Red Bali
-Red Borneo
-Red Sumatra
-Gold Sumatra
Many say that the Gold Borneo is also good. I found it to be really potent and a little on the fast side. I'm going to try it again since I didn't really care for it the first time I tried it and so many others seem to love it.