Page 1 of 1

Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:48 pm
by redsapplegoat
So I’ve been getting next to nothing from my kratom. I know my tolerance is somewhat high but but I feel there’s no space left between feeling no effects at all and the wobbles from hell. I’ve tried 5 or 6 highly recommended vendors over the past couple months and different strains, still no change. I usually toss and wash on an empty stomach. Any ideas what might be hindering my burns? How do you take yours: tea, freeze method? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 pm
by fusedflora
Take a break from kratom. Try hirsuta, javanica, or akuamma seeds for two weeks, so you can still feel some effects, and then go back to kratom. It's important to try different strains and no set on one bag for to long (rotate). Hit me up if you need someplace to get some of those.

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm
by redsapplegoat
fusedflora wrote:Take a break from kratom. Try hirsuta, javanica, or akuamma seeds for two weeks, so you can still feel some effects, and then go back to kratom. It's important to try different strains and no set on one bag for to long (rotate). Hit me up if you need someplace to get some of those.
Thanks for the advice! Which of those 3 is most effective? And is 2 weeks enough? How much would my tolerance decrease in that amount of time? Enough for my first doses to be substantially lower?

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:42 pm
by skrillozedd
when I take my week breaks my tolerance drops substantially. I'm sure two weeks would be even better

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:45 am
by BallzDeep9
redsapplegoat wrote:Any ideas what might be hindering my burns? How do you take yours: tea, freeze method? Any suggestions are appreciated!
I'd look at tolerance built up #1 - you didnt say how long or how much currently doing, but, seems like the "standard" these days, is to abuse the leaf, go crazy doing more and more.. finally ppl blame the vendor or whatever. Not saying thats' you.. Read Reddit, its like.. 1 guy the other day is choking down 100g per day :lol:. Less Is More!

So, A Break depends on how much and how long... I just took a 3-Day break, no problem.. Feeling fine!! But I was taking <= 7g per day. Total. Someone else who is consuming 30g per day, may need a week of taper, followed by a full week off ??

Kratom is Kratom. Seems a lot of guys want something else.. :lol:. I have many friends who enjoy their heroin... Not 1 of them, can feel kratom! That's just my experience with ppl who have blown out the opioid receptors in their brains. Very common.. I offer them kratom. They just laugh, no thanks. Can't even feel it... they look at me like I'm crazy :ugeek:

Not saying that's you. People ARE different. Some take kratom for various medical reasons, or to treat alcohol or drug addiction, so without knowing more details about your history, diet, habits, drugs, etc. then its hard to say 8-)

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:09 am
by g0ldl10n
I remember experiencing the same exact thing when I used to T&W. Either nothing or the wobbles. Switching to tea made ALL the difference. That would be my suggestion along side a tolerance break.

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:43 am
by redsapplegoat
BallzDeep9 wrote:
redsapplegoat wrote:Any ideas what might be hindering my burns? How do you take yours: tea, freeze method? Any suggestions are appreciated!
I'd look at tolerance built up #1 - you didnt say how long or how much currently doing, but, seems like the "standard" these days, is to abuse the leaf, go crazy doing more and more.. finally ppl blame the vendor or whatever. Not saying thats' you.. Read Reddit, its like.. 1 guy the other day is choking down 100g per day :lol:. Less Is More!

So, A Break depends on how much and how long... I just took a 3-Day break, no problem.. Feeling fine!! But I was taking <= 7g per day. Total. Someone else who is consuming 30g per day, may need a week of taper, followed by a full week off ??

Kratom is Kratom. Seems a lot of guys want something else.. :lol:. I have many friends who enjoy their heroin... Not 1 of them, can feel kratom! That's just my experience with ppl who have blown out the opioid receptors in their brains. Very common.. I offer them kratom. They just laugh, no thanks. Can't even feel it... they look at me like I'm crazy :ugeek:

Not saying that's you. People ARE different. Some take kratom for various medical reasons, or to treat alcohol or drug addiction, so without knowing more details about your history, diet, habits, drugs, etc. then its hard to say 8-)
I’ve been doing about 20-25 grams per day for the past couple of months now. Ive only been taking kratom for about 6 months and have learned a lot about it since then. I didn’t understand in the beginning about “less is more” and was trying extracts and not switching strains and vendors daily. I’ve already ordered some hirsuta for a good long break. I feel like I’m much better equipped now to keep doses low and have good practices to keep my tolerance in check.

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 am
by redsapplegoat
g0ldl10n wrote:I remember experiencing the same exact thing when I used to T&W. Either nothing or the wobbles. Switching to tea made ALL the difference. That would be my suggestion along side a tolerance break.
Today is my last day before a break so I’m trying the lemon/tea method at half my normal dose.
Do you have any particular measurements or brew times you follow?

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:21 pm
by BallzDeep9
redsapplegoat wrote:I’ve been doing about 20-25 grams per day for the past couple of months now. Ive only been taking kratom for about 6 months ...
Yep very normal, you enjoyed that Honeymoon period for around 3 months. Yee haw! :P. Then reality kicks in, kratom becomes a maintenance issue, not allowing tolerance to creep up and.. before U know it.. The Thrill Is Gone, as B.B. King would say... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPlsqo2bk2M

After your break.. Start back at your Lowest Threshold Dose - LTD. Find and know your LTD - the lowest dose where you "feel" something. You will be amazed, wow it feels SO good, at only 2.5 grams or whatever. Good luck!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2811&p=25292

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:20 pm
by redsapplegoat
I plan to do just that: Keep doses low with breaks periodically. Thanks again.

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:57 am
by redsapplegoat
As it turns out, I discovered the toss and wash method is not effective, for me at least. I made tea(lemon soak/hot water) the last couple of days and it worked SO much better. I’ve only needed about half my regular dose and I’m able to get much better burns. I’m using this opportunity to cut my doses down as low as possible and still plan to take a break soon now that my hirsuta has arrived. Idk if some people’s digestive systems are better at breaking down plant fiber but, for me, tea is definitely a better method. I always discovered that all straining wastes a lot of alkaloids. Way better results downing all the plant material.

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 pm
by CatfatherB
Yeah, every time my doses stop working, I get ready to taper down, I lower my dose just a little and the damn shit starts working like a new honeymoon again? :roll:

Oh well, I'll take a break....later! :lol:

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:46 pm
by KurtisCards
redsapplegoat wrote:As it turns out, I discovered the toss and wash method is not effective, for me at least. I made tea(lemon soak/hot water) the last couple of days and it worked SO much better. I’ve only needed about half my regular dose and I’m able to get much better burns. I’m using this opportunity to cut my doses down as low as possible and still plan to take a break soon now that my hirsuta has arrived. Idk if some people’s digestive systems are better at breaking down plant fiber but, for me, tea is definitely a better method. I always discovered that all straining wastes a lot of alkaloids. Way better results downing all the plant material.
i found that out to, but then once your body gets used to the tea, go back to toss and wash. same thing happens. its weird, you get like used to the delivery system and gotta change it to get good effects back.

never fall into a routine with strains or ways of dosing, mix it up :D

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:27 am
by fusedflora
redsapplegoat wrote:
fusedflora wrote:Take a break from kratom. Try hirsuta, javanica, or akuamma seeds for two weeks, so you can still feel some effects, and then go back to kratom. It's important to try different strains and no set on one bag for to long (rotate). Hit me up if you need someplace to get some of those.
Thanks for the advice! Which of those 3 is most effective? And is 2 weeks enough? How much would my tolerance decrease in that amount of time? Enough for my first doses to be substantially lower?
2 weeks is plenty for a tolerance break. Like kratom, each of those is "better" for different reasons. For me hirsuta seems to work best, but I have friends that claim akuamma is the only way to go. I see my tolerance dip by 1-2g during that time, but my doses are always under 5g anyways. for my higher dose friends, at 10g or so, they say it goes to 5g in about the same time (usually 10 days for them).

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:03 pm
by FartBlaster
BallzDeep9 wrote:
redsapplegoat wrote:Any ideas what might be hindering my burns? How do you take yours: tea, freeze method? Any suggestions are appreciated!
I'd look at tolerance built up #1 - you didnt say how long or how much currently doing, but, seems like the "standard" these days, is to abuse the leaf, go crazy doing more and more.. finally ppl blame the vendor or whatever. Not saying thats' you.. Read Reddit, its like.. 1 guy the other day is choking down 100g per day :lol:. Less Is More!

So, A Break depends on how much and how long... I just took a 3-Day break, no problem.. Feeling fine!! But I was taking <= 7g per day. Total. Someone else who is consuming 30g per day, may need a week of taper, followed by a full week off ??

Kratom is Kratom. Seems a lot of guys want something else.. :lol:. I have many friends who enjoy their heroin... Not 1 of them, can feel kratom! That's just my experience with ppl who have blown out the opioid receptors in their brains. Very common.. I offer them kratom. They just laugh, no thanks. Can't even feel it... they look at me like I'm crazy :ugeek:

Not saying that's you. People ARE different. Some take kratom for various medical reasons, or to treat alcohol or drug addiction, so without knowing more details about your history, diet, habits, drugs, etc. then its hard to say 8-)
How big of a difference does a three day break make? I need a t break soon myself.

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm
by BallzDeep9
fusedflora wrote:2 weeks is plenty for a tolerance break ... my doses are always under 5g anyways. for my higher dose friends, at 10g or so, they say it goes to 5g in about the same time (usually 10 days for them).
yeah much of this discussion is ppl figuring out, what's your best serving size, & why doing kratom... everyone seems to agree, larger doses are sedative, lower dose more energy and euphoric. Those who are in serious pain management, need to take more.. Same with the opiate recovery folks. For everyone else "Less is More" and it becomes a maintenance issue...

I'm looking into a couple of things for tolerance reduction.. These would be of special interest, for pain relief / those who need to up-regulate their receptors due to heavy opiate use. 1- Low Dose Naltrexone or ULDN = lots of discussion on Reddit LINK ... The other is 2- Memantine, which is a FDA approved treatment for Alzheimers and memory loss, also a NMDA antagonist read the article HERE. :geek:. Both of those have the potential, to completely re-set tolerance, back to zero!

If anyone here is interested in either of those two, might be fun to setup a group, to explore further? 8-)

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Leaf???

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:58 pm
by BurntEnds
BallzDeep9 wrote:
fusedflora wrote:2 weeks is plenty for a tolerance break ... my doses are always under 5g anyways. for my higher dose friends, at 10g or so, they say it goes to 5g in about the same time (usually 10 days for them).
yeah much of this discussion is ppl figuring out, what's your best serving size, & why doing kratom... everyone seems to agree, larger doses are sedative, lower dose more energy and euphoric. Those who are in serious pain management, need to take more.. Same with the opiate recovery folks. For everyone else "Less is More" and it becomes a maintenance issue...

I'm looking into a couple of things for tolerance reduction.. These would be of special interest, for pain relief / those who need to up-regulate their receptors due to heavy opiate use. 1- Low Dose Naltrexone or ULDN = lots of discussion on Reddit LINK ... The other is 2- Memantine, which is a FDA approved treatment for Alzheimers and memory loss, also a NMDA antagonist read the article HERE. :geek:. Both of those have the potential, to completely re-set tolerance, back to zero!

If anyone here is interested in either of those two, might be fun to setup a group, to explore further? 8-)
I have some personal experience with ULDN myself and would be happy to chime in with what I know. :)

I see a lot of misinformation out there in regards to what my own experience has been and what's reported in some of the available research papers that have studied the subject in depth. I have found it to be very helpful in maintaining a lower tolerance and improving the "legs" of my doses but at FAR FAR lower doses of the ULDN than is generally discussed or utilized. I'm talking rather than mcg's I have utilized picograms with better results and fewer negative side effects. Some of this has to do with the binding that happens at the receptor level which is well supported by a couple of research papers I stumbled across when looking for more information. I'll have to see if I can find those papers again to post some links to them!

I'll make sure to keep my eye out for any further discussion that's started on this topic specifically.