Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

Who has the most sedating strain(s) currently. Anyone?

Thanks! :D
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by acejestyr15 »

Some of my top favorites for insomnia....

SOSA
Red Sunda
Red Malay
Gold MD
Super Gold

SPIRIT SCIENCE
Red Malay
Red Bali
Premium Red Plantation

DG
Red Indo
Yellow MD

SOUL
Super Elephant
Dark Elephant
Red Vein 2

MITRA MAN
Gold Borneo
Red MD

KRAYDO ORGANICS
Red Malay
Red Asia
Red Horn

SACRED SON
Red Vein
Choco Bent

GGK
Wild Red

KTC
Red Borneo
Yellow Borneo

Probably a bunch of others too but those are my go to's for Sleepytime blends as I call em....
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

I actually have quite a few of those! :lol:

Maybe I'm not taking enough to get knocked out. :?
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by acejestyr15 »

herbalhippie wrote:I actually have quite a few of those! :lol:

Maybe I'm not taking enough to get knocked out. :?
I do have a slightly high dosage especially for nightime so maybe that's what it is.... Or I've also come to realize that strains work differently for certainly people dependant on their reasons for usage sometimes idk!! Hope my list at least Sparks some thought...
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

acejestyr15 wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I actually have quite a few of those! :lol:

Maybe I'm not taking enough to get knocked out. :?
I do have a slightly high dosage especially for nightime so maybe that's what it is.... Or I've also come to realize that strains work differently for certainly people dependant on their reasons for usage sometimes idk!! Hope my list at least Sparks some thought...
It does, thank you!
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by KurtisCards »

How much do you take for sedation?

Seems like over 4.5gs I get wobbles
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

KurtisCards wrote:How much do you take for sedation?

Seems like over 4.5gs I get wobbles
I take 1-1.25 grams for every intent. I am really freaked out over the thought of addiction/high tolerance so I keep my doses as low as I can. If I'm going to be addicted or dependent, it's going to be at as low a dose as possible.
Noddyboi
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Noddyboi »

No wonder you are not getting results with that dose. I take that dose for energy purposes...
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

Noddyboi wrote:No wonder you are not getting results with that dose. I take that dose for energy purposes...
I've been on this dose, or lower (.75), for going on three years. I can get sedating results at this dose, if the strain is very sedating.
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by KurtisCards »

If only I knew how to find places like this or Reddit when I first started. My other heroin addict friend just told me to take heaping tablespoons every 4 hours.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by brave777 »

herbalhippie wrote:
Noddyboi wrote:No wonder you are not getting results with that dose. I take that dose for energy purposes...
I've been on this dose, or lower (.75), for going on three years. I can get sedating results at this dose, if the strain is very sedating.

I found that 3 grams is a perfect dose. 2 is bit low but will do the job even thought no matter how sedating strain is, it will stimulate me or keep me awake. I'v done 6 grams before work for 10 hour work hours, on lunch time i use to take 6 grams again so 12 grams until next job start after sleep. I avoided sleepy strains or reds that knock you out, there are reds that relax you and wont make you sleepy. best way is to test how you will feel if do take up to 6 grams. Yes i did make mistakes and have taken sleepy 6 grams half way trough the shift. Dont want to wish on anyone, struggle will be real but i believe anyone can handle. Just annoying. I am just passed my 24 hour break, planing to do 5 day break. Used rhodeola extract, black seed oil and chlorella, still feel great and upbeat. If you ever feel sleepy, that means you over taken it, and drop 2 grams or so to not feel sleepy unless you aim at having an sleeping experience.
Kratom user since 2014!
Jessdkmon
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:55 pm
Location: Baltimore-ish, MD

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Jessdkmon »

This Green Nugroz I just received is EXTREMELY happy sleepy yet not physically heavy.. And I have Green Melawi from K-og that is so potently slow I can't even really use it. I don't have trouble falling asleep so these strains had me falling asleep standing up! #notsafekratom! Lol, I should stay away!.. but both are super duper excellent for pain so I struggLe. ;-)
I typically take 3.5 ish grams but I use my "pinch" measuring spoon for these two and they knock me over every time.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by acejestyr15 »

KurtisCards wrote:How much do you take for sedation?

Seems like over 4.5gs I get wobbles
My average nigh time dose for my insomnia is 6 to 7 grams depending on what strain.... But most are 7g. I also am combatting multiple chronic pain issues at the same time as a bit over a year ago I walked about from all my RX's including opiates... My dosage was originally much much higher and took awhile to chip it down to where I am now which for the most part is my lowest effective dose besides some of my faster strains for during the day. Some of them I use as low as 5g.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by beathappening »

I usually go with a good red (Sosa Red Sunda!!) or bent.(RVA royal bent) and blend it with a gold..Occasionally, for synergy, I'll add in some diphenndryamine (25-50mg,) or hydroxyzine (I take up to 100mg per dose -- note; this is a rather large hydroxyzine dose. i even achieve the nods sometime. When I have clonazepam to i may pop a 0.5mg to reallly relax. without getting inebriated. Not every day though...sort of a special occasion.

Sometimes kratom by itself doesn't quite cut it.
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by fusedflora »

I only have 2 that knock me the f$#% out. Red Thai and Bent Kapuas.


Though I love taking magnolia bark and blue lotus extract in the evening and that makes for a great night's rest.
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Quercus »

Jessdkmon wrote:This Green Nugroz I just received is EXTREMELY happy sleepy yet not physically heavy.. And I have Green Melawi from K-og that is so potently slow I can't even really use it. I don't have trouble falling asleep so these strains had me falling asleep standing up! #notsafekratom! Lol, I should stay away!.. but both are super duper excellent for pain so I struggLe. ;-)
I typically take 3.5 ish grams but I use my "pinch" measuring spoon for these two and they knock me over every time.
Yeah, KOG's Green Melawi is a lovely, relaxing, slow, strain but it's never actually helped me sleep. :? Ditto with KOG's Red Melawi. Oddly enough, KOG's Gold Melawi is the one that does it for me. Last night I took 0.75g and wham! Out like a light, 30 minutes later!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

Quercus wrote: Yeah, KOG's Green Melawi is a lovely, relaxing, slow, strain but it's never actually helped me sleep. :? Ditto with KOG's Red Melawi. Oddly enough, KOG's Gold Melawi is the one that does it for me. Last night I took 0.75g and wham! Out like a light, 30 minutes later!
Is this Gold Melawi a batch that he has in right now or an earlier one?

I had some Green Melawi from him a while back, it was slower but not sedating for me.
Jessdkmon
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:55 pm
Location: Baltimore-ish, MD

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Jessdkmon »

herbalhippie wrote:
Quercus wrote: Yeah, KOG's Green Melawi is a lovely, relaxing, slow, strain but it's never actually helped me sleep. :? Ditto with KOG's Red Melawi. Oddly enough, KOG's Gold Melawi is the one that does it for me. Last night I took 0.75g and wham! Out like a light, 30 minutes later!
Is this Gold Melawi a batch that he has in right now or an earlier one?

I had some Green Melawi from him a while back, it was slower but not sedating for me.
OMG I just remembered Zi have a bunch of Nugroz Super Red that I bought in a split direct from indo that won't even touch because it made so heavy and sleepy... I've never really heard any reviews or anything so I kinda just forgot about it. I'll snail mail you some if you want to try it.. I'm curious what you'd think about it! :)
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

Jessdkmon wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:
Quercus wrote: Yeah, KOG's Green Melawi is a lovely, relaxing, slow, strain but it's never actually helped me sleep. :? Ditto with KOG's Red Melawi. Oddly enough, KOG's Gold Melawi is the one that does it for me. Last night I took 0.75g and wham! Out like a light, 30 minutes later!
Is this Gold Melawi a batch that he has in right now or an earlier one?

I had some Green Melawi from him a while back, it was slower but not sedating for me.
OMG I just remembered Zi have a bunch of Nugroz Super Red that I bought in a split direct from indo that won't even touch because it made so heavy and sleepy... I've never really heard any reviews or anything so I kinda just forgot about it. I'll snail mail you some if you want to try it.. I'm curious what you'd think about it! :)
I'd LOVE to try it!! PMing you!
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Payshince »

A few of JSpains strains lately have put me into a deep anxiolytic type state and made me sleepy as a Mofo too.

Very Strong

I got home after work at 2AM and passed the fk out in my driveway it was that strong!
I will check my Notes and narrow it down!
- Payshince
unsocialworker
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by unsocialworker »

Smiley Time Herbal: Super Royal Bent.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

Thanks guys! I'm making a list!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by acejestyr15 »

I will have 3 more GGK strains from batch 1909 arriving Monday so I'll let ya know if they can be added as well. I am expecting that at least 2 of the 3 if not all 3 can be used for night time as this is pretty much why I have pulled the trigger on them hahaha!
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Quercus »

herbalhippie wrote:
Quercus wrote: Yeah, KOG's Green Melawi is a lovely, relaxing, slow, strain but it's never actually helped me sleep. :? Ditto with KOG's Red Melawi. Oddly enough, KOG's Gold Melawi is the one that does it for me. Last night I took 0.75g and wham! Out like a light, 30 minutes later!
Is this Gold Melawi a batch that he has in right now or an earlier one?

I had some Green Melawi from him a while back, it was slower but not sedating for me.
My supply of Gold Melawi came from whatever batch he had in July. That's probably not much help, I'm sorry. It might be worth asking Madison, though.
Kindashewantsto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Kindashewantsto »

A few months ago, the white hulu from RVA was the single most sedating strain I have ever tried.

I got it, used it in the morning for a pick me up after a nice cup of coffee and fell asleep for hours! It was my favorite nighttime strain for a long while.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

Kindashewantsto wrote:A few months ago, the white hulu from RVA was the single most sedating strain I have ever tried.

I got it, used it in the morning for a pick me up after a nice cup of coffee and fell asleep for hours! It was my favorite nighttime strain for a long while.
Sedation from white hulu?

I always thought all whites were very stimulating so I never bought them. Finally got some White MDJK from K-OG, a slow strain and great for blending.

One of the first purchases I made after finding Reddit was a Green Hulu from RVA. That strain made me so anxious and jittery, even using as little as a quarter gram in a blend. A lot of people loved that batch so I had no problem selling it.
Bawli
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Bawli »

I had an experience similar to kindashewantsto just last week. I've gotten the strongest sedation I've had in awhile from a green. It seems anything lower than a white can be extremely sedating for me if I take enough and not redose.
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by pray4peace4 »

HH... I don't know about you, but after awhile strains that were great sedatives just don't work that way anymore. I found that boiling RVA PMD for 2 hours(you have to keep adding water) until you get a black tea makes the strongest sleep aid I've ever used. It's like knockout drops.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

pray4peace4 wrote:HH... I don't know about you, but after awhile strains that were great sedatives just don't work that way anymore. I found that boiling RVA PMD for 2 hours(you have to keep adding water) until you get a black tea makes the strongest sleep aid I've ever used. It's like knockout drops.
Any PMD? Interesting, thanks!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by beathappening »

pray4peace4 wrote:HH... I don't know about you, but after awhile strains that were great sedatives just don't work that way anymore. I found that boiling RVA PMD for 2 hours(you have to keep adding water) until you get a black tea makes the strongest sleep aid I've ever used. It's like knockout drops.
Out of boredom I'm going to try this tonight. I put in 4 cups of water with 10g of Sosa golden son just for the hell of it. I like experimenting with different methods of preparation, and I've never boiled it for that long. If it works at all I'll do a bigger batch.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by acejestyr15 »

beathappening wrote:
pray4peace4 wrote:HH... I don't know about you, but after awhile strains that were great sedatives just don't work that way anymore. I found that boiling RVA PMD for 2 hours(you have to keep adding water) until you get a black tea makes the strongest sleep aid I've ever used. It's like knockout drops.
Out of boredom I'm going to try this tonight. I put in 4 cups of water with 10g of Sosa golden son just for the hell of it. I like experimenting with different methods of preparation, and I've never boiled it for that long. If it works at all I'll do a bigger batch.
Is that Golden Son from Sacred Son you mean??
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by beathappening »

It's sosa super gold, my mistake
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by acejestyr15 »

Ah ha!!! Yeah, that's also one of my current most new favorite strains.... And possibly my all around favorite Gold along with SOSA Gold MD.
Kindashewantsto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Kindashewantsto »

herbalhippie wrote:
Kindashewantsto wrote:A few months ago, the white hulu from RVA was the single most sedating strain I have ever tried.

I got it, used it in the morning for a pick me up after a nice cup of coffee and fell asleep for hours! It was my favorite nighttime strain for a long while.
Sedation from white hulu?

I always thought all whites were very stimulating so I never bought them. Finally got some White MDJK from K-OG, a slow strain and great for blending.

One of the first purchases I made after finding Reddit was a Green Hulu from RVA. That strain made me so anxious and jittery, even using as little as a quarter gram in a blend. A lot of people loved that batch so I had no problem selling it.
Most strains labeled as white are energizing for me, which is why this was so surprising! But honestly, the name of a strain doesn't always guarantee it will act how you think it does.

Some reds haven't helped my pain, this white in particular was amazing for sleep, it all is hearsay until you try it for your self!
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by 3Gdd6R »

beathappening wrote:
pray4peace4 wrote:HH... I don't know about you, but after awhile strains that were great sedatives just don't work that way anymore. I found that boiling RVA PMD for 2 hours(you have to keep adding water) until you get a black tea makes the strongest sleep aid I've ever used. It's like knockout drops.
Out of boredom I'm going to try this tonight. I put in 4 cups of water with 10g of Sosa golden son just for the hell of it. I like experimenting with different methods of preparation, and I've never boiled it for that long. If it works at all I'll do a bigger batch.
skimming along reading posts i saw this. wanted to ask how were your results with 4c + 10g. i have some red chocolate like a pound from 3.2018 that i don't use much and this boil down might make it well suited for nite time discomfort/sleep aid. i have no idea what proportions to use though so curious to read your results.
User avatar
ScottyK
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
Location: Wilmington, N.C.

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by ScottyK »

I bet Smiley's best Bent mixed with his Secret Smile would put you out rather quickly.

I thought the Secret Smile was really slow and sedating.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by swablero »

Ive been using Soultanic Green Nanga, an old growth pure strain. Just incredibly relaxing and numbing. Has anyone else tried this? Like a Nyquil with the analgesic. Even the White Nanga is slow with a narcotic-like body buzz for me. Otherwise I have use a benty Red Bali from kats that I've been using and some heavy Kraydo that Im trying to get rid of.

I need to be careful cause some strains put me into the lucid dream state and I dont get any rest. I know Instant Karma has spoken about this. The fermented Dark Elephant, for example is a sure fire lucid dream for me.
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Oletimer »

I had about 4 strains that use to help,,seems I could get to sleep pretty good , ,I'm up til 4 or 5 am ,wake up about 11, ,I sleep good, ,deep sleep, ,but getting there is the problem ,( which is probably cause I have tv on or looking at ipad,) one that actually did work was a wild red dayak,,it's OOS, that dark elephant is vivid dreaming for sure! I'll take that to help pain, ,it has some wild effects about 3-or more hours later,,usually I'm asleep, ,,,but get to experience the pleasure of the burn through dreams,,! I also can take a tanned red bali,,and just lay down, even though I'm not sleepy, ,I think since I am focused on falling asleep, ,have the tv ,lights, off, when the kratom kicks in,,I'm asleep.Good luck!
Maxxx
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by Maxxx »

Inland Botanicals sells a blend called Counting Sheep, which is three different reds, a gold bali, and an elephant, and it knocks me out every single time.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Knock-you-the-f***-out sedation

Post by herbalhippie »

Maxxx wrote:Inland Botanicals sells a blend called Counting Sheep, which is three different reds, a gold bali, and an elephant, and it knocks me out every single time.
Hmm, might have to get a sample of that from her. Thanks!
Locked