Page 1 of 1

A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 pm
by BallzDeep9
So it's been well over two years since I began collecting and documenting kratom vendors in a personal database. I'm a retired programmer and when I started getting into kratom, it boggled my mind the number of online vendors.. plus all the head-shops and gas stations. And all the crazy prices! Seems the game is, to take advantage of n00bs and stoners by gouging their credit cards? :D

Here's where we are in Fall 2019. To backtrack a little, in November 2017 there was a massive panic caused by false rumors that Federal DEA were about to "schedule" kratom. Ban it like cannabis or heroin. Of course people still get their cannabis or heroin, right? But it caused a blind panic.. and ALL vendors got completely cleaned out.. It took only around 10 days!!

The November 2017 Panic, caused a huge Supply and Demand problem for Indonesia. All the USA vendors wanted to order tons of re-stock immediately. So the Indo's of course were happy to take the money. Orders were filled with whatever green dirt they could pack into boxes, 20 kilos at a time. Spring 2018 was a terrible time for kratom... :cry:

Flash ahead 18 months. Kratom has recovered nicely in 2019, the market boomed last year. There are now well over 300 online vendors active. Not even including, all the individual wanna-bees selling from backpacks and Facebook accounts! I have documented Count: 321 vendor websites currently active.
  • Vendor COUNT = 321
  • PPG Minimum $ = 0.10
  • PPG Maximum $ = 1.02
  • Median 320 PPG. = 0.22
  • Total 256 AVG. = 0.23
  • Lower 160 PPG = 0.16
Many small vendors don't sell kilos, because they don't have kilos. So the common unit I measure, is the middle package size, either 8 ounces/ or 250 grams. IF you Sort 320 vendors by Price, the Median number = 0.22 PP (Price Per Gram). That does factor in Shipping cost... Average is a slightly different stat compared to Median. To get a fair Average, I chop off the top and bottom 10% to try and avoid skewing the stats. So 320 -64 = 256, average PPG = 0.23. To get the average Quarter Kilo Price then, Multiply 0.23 x 250 grams = around $55 or maybe $57 shipped?

Again, Average Price is skewed by a few high price rip-offs who charge outrageous money.. The lowest prices are all around .10 cents PPG. Only .12 cents below average... But the high guys are up around .68 cents which is .45 cents above. Average price doesn't really mean much.

A better indicator is to cut the 320 vendors in half. Top half are 160 rip-offs. Bottom half 160 are at least reasonable, plus many cheap guys. So Average the PPG, among the lowest 160 = 0.16 PPG. That's more like it. You have 160 plus 1, a fair statement is "The majority of vendors AVERAGE .16 cents per gram, or Less, for a Quarter Kilo.".

Bottom Line: You should not pay more than $40 for a Quarter Kilo. Top Dollar! :ugeek:

Look for The Fall 2019 Vendor List to come out, later this week!

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:02 pm
by heme2016
Thanks Ballz. Your analyses of the kratom market, together with your vendor list, are truly a public service and are much appreciated.

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:17 pm
by enjoyalienation
This is awesome! And I'm glad kratom quality has bounced back and that we have an abundance of reasonably priced vendors to order from

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:12 pm
by fusedflora
Nice review, appreciate all you do bro!

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:14 pm
by e_poison
We definitely appreciate your hard work on your vendor list, Ballz!

I noticed you mentioned you are a retired programmer. Just out of curiosity, what programming languages do you use? I may have an interesting proposition...

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:10 pm
by GrannyJ62
Thank you cant wait to see the vendor list

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm
by BallzDeep9
GrannyJ62 wrote:Thank you cant wait to see the vendor list
Vendor List is up!!! - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3538
retired programmer. Just out of curiosity, what programming languages do you use?
As you know, E., programming is always advancing, I'm afraid I haven't kept up.. never learned Java, or Python. I toiled away for years on Windows scripting, VB .net, VFP, classic ASP on MS server, lol. Some back-end database and PHP.

Just like the Vendor List, programming languages have their own List! https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/ :ugeek:

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:13 pm
by MrHinter
New member here. Just wanted to thank you for the list of vendors. It has helped me find several good vendors after my long time vendor started selling leaf that was ineffective for me.

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:13 am
by xjeanie
Thank you so much!
As always really wonderful information. So helpful in understanding the current situation.

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:13 am
by gumbyke1
Thank you so much for doing this, a great contribution to the community!

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:48 pm
by kratomandmath
Great info. You do so much ballz. Much appreciated. Curious to know how the standard deviations compare among the two halves. I would think there'll be a bigger a spread among the top half.

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:28 pm
by pray4peace4
Can someone explain the vendor listing to me, specifically it only displays part of the chart, cutting off the right side & I can't get it to expand nor scroll. I'm on mobile. Help pls with sugar on top.

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:41 am
by guitartodd77
That sounds like the mobile browser formatting. If you use Chrome, you can click the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser, then select "desktop site". This will display the website as it would look on a full size monitor and allow you to freely scroll through the page without cutting part of it off.

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:46 am
by Pete2000
pray4peace4 wrote:Can someone explain the vendor listing to me, specifically it only displays part of the chart, cutting off the right side & I can't get it to expand nor scroll. I'm on mobile. Help pls with sugar on top.
Have you tried rotating your device and viewing in landscape? My old iPad has the same problem unless I rotate.

Re: A few USA Vendor Stats 2019

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:15 am
by BurntEnds
guitartodd77 wrote:That sounds like the mobile browser formatting. If you use Chrome, you can click the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser, then select "desktop site". This will display the website as it would look on a full size monitor and allow you to freely scroll through the page without cutting part of it off.

I have the same exact issue UNLESS I switch over to desktop mode as you so eloquently explained GT!