Page 1 of 1

Review Criteria?

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:44 pm
by ModestMark90
I posted a review about BB’s MD 12 (1907). As I was writing I started thinking that we should post some standard criteria to follow when doing reviews. Any suggestions? I graded on euphoria, social ability, sedation and energy. What would be some other things to include when doing a review to help out in the future?

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:03 pm
by conscious_conundrum
Pain relief is an important quality to many people. But if you don't have pain then it is hard to judge that factor.

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:05 pm
by ModestMark90
conscious_conundrum wrote:Pain relief is an important quality to many people. But if you don't have pain then it is hard to judge that factor.
That’s understandable. I do tree work right now and come home, not necessarily in pain, but definitely sore. I think anyone who does kratom can understand soreness relief at a minimum. Thanks for the input!

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:12 pm
by Pete2000
In my personal Kratom logs I rate duration, mood, and pain relief as poor, average, good or great. I also note speed(slow, mid, fast) and any other positive(euphoria, clarity) and negative(anxiety, agitation) effects.

Good question, interested in seeing what others look for.

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:36 pm
by CatfatherB
I'd like to know:
1: how long have you been taking kratom?
2: what size is your dose?
3: how many times a day do you dose?
4: how long has it been since you previously dosed?

I feel these questions have an impact on someone else looking for a likewise "experience" :geek:

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:33 pm
by ModestMark90
All really good feedback so far. I’ll definitely include these in my future reviews. Maybe we sticky a thread like in the Vendor/Strain reviews section?

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:15 am
by fusedflora
Isn’t there a suggestions area for this?

Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree, and having the personal context is important. I try to review based on:
Physical- color, taste, grind

Effects -Pain relief, Anxiety reduction, Mood lift, Energy, sedation,Focus, Overall

Something like that maybe

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:35 pm
by ModestMark90
fusedflora wrote:Isn’t there a suggestions area for this?

Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree, and having the personal context is important. I try to review based on:
Physical- color, taste, grind

Effects -Pain relief, Anxiety reduction, Mood lift, Energy, sedation,Focus, Overall

Something like that maybe
Thanks for the feedback. I don’t see a suggestions area, though. Maybe they can move it to the right thread?

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 pm
by su9861
I suppose being one of those " backpack" thingys ( I use ziplock?? ) I have done my share of testing....100 s of kgs. My criteria is 1st the grind...course, med or fine...Similar to coffee & how it mixes into my morning coffee. Smell..also would be right up there as far as how fresh it seems & taste I do enjoy swishhing it around a bit before swallowing. Odd perhaps, but I have grown to really like the taste. then the typical mood & effects on my body. I am more of a green guy But a good red is nice too. relaxing & calming. so there you have my general analysis / criteria for any new batch,
Oh ya the name - Super Grandmonthers Green Zaeewna Bali Oldest Deep Forest Maeng Da Horn Like I was expecting some really really powerful & outstanding....BUT just typical kratom... I do a majority of combining 3-4 different strains to get a better overall product than any one separately. I take T breaks every week & my 2-3 gram dose is on the light side.

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:26 pm
by BallzDeep9
CatfatherB wrote:1: how long have you been taking kratom?
2: what size is your dose?
3: how many times a day do you dose?
4: how long has it been since you previously dosed?
Yes. These factual conditions, can make ALL the difference in "reviews". Without these.. Why should anyone care or trust, anonymous opinions ?? But... people do, because they've only got X dollars to spend. What % of reviews are shills, a few probably. A few :roll:

Most people don't bother to write a "review". So we NEED, the experience level / tolerance factors / context.. :geek: No context? Then the "review" is probably B-S.. Sorry but I'm skeptical by nature.. As the saying goes. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Actually.. I tend to doubt anything I read!!

Find out Reviewer is taking HUGE doses? Reject!! Worthless to me... aside from Pain Relief "maybe", everything else is totally subjective. Can anyone define their Mood Lift ? Isn't it true that mood and feelings, can change from day to day?

Someone recently posted, they'd taken 3 NEW strains, back to back. On the same day 2 hours apart. Then claimed the 3rd leaf was weak ?? haha :lol:

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:48 pm
by FossilsAreRocks
How would you have criteria? I personally like to take kratom with as little tolerance as possible which means long breaks. Therefore, my experience is different than someone who takes it daily, yet both are useful to know.

Re: Review Criteria?

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 pm
by CatfatherB
FossilsAreRocks wrote:How would you have criteria? I personally like to take kratom with as little tolerance as possible which means long breaks. Therefore, my experience is different than someone who takes it daily, yet both are useful to know.
Then people who use around the same as you may benefit from your review? I'm sure you fit someone's criteria. I wouldn't want a review from someone who has been taking kratom for a month? And I'm not sayin you have but there have to be limits?