Page 1 of 1
Headaches from kratom
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:52 pm
by Flysonsyd
Does anyone in this community experince an abnormally frequent amount of headaches when burning daily? I get headaches several times a week now. I think i have tmj but it seems kratom can induce the headaches. Kratom plays a role in the headaches 100 percent. Sometimes if i take kratom i get the pressure in my jaw area. Feels similiar to back pain like if youre a little out of wack. But imagine that tight feeling of needing to crack your back , on your face, specifically in the jaw an temple area. Certain suppliers give me worse headaches. Botanical bunny. Sth does. Sosa gives me the least amount of headaches. Whites give me bad tension headaches. Reds dont help my headaches though. I have to take a over the counter pain reliever. Maybe its because i drink coffee alot? I dont believe hydration to be the cause. Can kratom cause tmj? Please share your experinces and imput. Much appreciated
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:00 pm
by herbalhippie
I do and only from Red strains. I didn't do reds a lot until this year and when I started taking them everyday I was having headaches everyday. kind of a low-key headache and a cross between a tension headache and a migraine. It seems to have eased off though for the most part lately but this was going on for at least a few months.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm
by CatfatherB
Coffee and kratom can both dehydrate you, you should drink a lot more water taking both, I know when I take both, I piss like a Russian race horse!! And you lose magnesium and potassium when your pissing a lot, get an electrolyte supplement or Powerade, it will probably help the headaches.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:47 pm
by BallzDeep9
CatfatherB wrote:Coffee and kratom can both dehydrate you, you should drink a lot more water taking both, I know when I take both, I piss like a Russian race horse!! And you lose magnesium and potassium when your pissing a lot, get an electrolyte supplement or Powerade, it will probably help the headaches.
Bingo!! I gotta say, knock on wood, my headaches have almost gone away totally over the past 2 years of daily kratom... I used to get bad headaches and would take hydrocodone, Vicodin, NOT any more! However... I DO
drink my kratom. Drink each serving, in a liquid vitamin smoothie WITH a chaser of some sparkling or seltzer water... yumm! And then usually a cup of coffee. Or two!
Coffee helps headaches, Excedrin has Caffeine in it.. but yeah U can get dependent on daily coffee, I know if I DON'T have my 2+ cups of coffee, that evening here comes a headache... I usually eat a banana with breakfast, and blend OJ with my kratom drink... that's a lot of potassium right there.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:43 pm
by trigger
Kratom has made my migraines go away almost entirely, and I rarely get headaches anymore. I take it twice a day. Yesterday I had a bit of a headache when I woke up, but I think it was because I had tapered off my normal dose. This was the second time I’ve ever felt what could be described as withdrawal symptoms. Even when I’ve quit cold turkey for weeks or longer.
But anyway, I did used to get headaches frequently from kratom when I started taking it - buying headshop stuff. Since I have been using higher quality stuff from reputable vendors, I haven’t had an issue.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:27 am
by Payshince
I used to have this problem
All The Time !!
Water water water
Gatorade gatorade gatorade (G2 or Zero)!
Powerade Powerade Powerade (Zero sugar)
I drink two 16oz Gator or Powerade... daily
Along with lots of water and my headaches dont happen!
Good luck
P.S.
HYDRATE 
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 am
by e_poison
Don’t drink zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade. That stuff is loaded with artificial sweeteners and super unhealthy.
Best way to stay hydrated is water, and eating healthy foods with sodium and potassium.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:49 am
by Payshince
e_p
Are you sure?
What ingredients exactly are you referring to?
I have heard of things like this but I am kind of surprised as I thought with Gatorade/ Powerade would be a trusting brand to consume.
How about instead of Zero Sugar I just drink Low Sugar
As in G2?!
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:46 am
by daydreamerinwords
I’ve had headaches while taking kratom before, however that has happened while I decided to ditch caffeine in favor of kratom. Not sure if you take kratom with or without caffeine? But sometimes when I take a high dose I can get a head tightness/headache - particularly if I did not store the kratom well/with headshop kratom.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:11 pm
by FossilsAreRocks
To address someone above coffee doesn't dehydrate you that is a misunderstanding. Kratom absolutely does though, especially if you're consuming the powder and not making a tea. I would venture to guess that most of the issues people experience when taking kratom comes from the fact most people don't drink enough water in general, and you need to be drinking 2-3x as much water as that when you take kratom.
If you don't want the headaches then drink a gallon of water at least when you take kratom. For whatever reason I find you need to be disciplined though as kratom makes you not want to drink water.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50 pm
by nerevarine
FossilsAreRocks wrote:To address someone above coffee doesn't dehydrate you that is a misunderstanding. Kratom absolutely does though, especially if you're consuming the powder and not making a tea. I would venture to guess that most of the issues people experience when taking kratom comes from the fact most people don't drink enough water in general, and you need to be drinking 2-3x as much water as that when you take kratom.
If you don't want the headaches then drink a gallon of water at least when you take kratom. For whatever reason I find you need to be disciplined though as kratom makes you not want to drink water.
This so much. I’ve habitualized carrying a 32 oz. stainless steel water bottle with me wherever I go. If it’s not empty within an hour or so, I force myself to finish it off in a few minutes. Water is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY with this substance.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:06 am
by Transformato
Headaches from kratom are are less frequent for me than headaches when not using kratom, so generally- no.
BUT I just spluged on this here premium BS and I hate this crap.
You know there is this guy in the vendor group that is always talking about how good all of it is but never any specifics. Nothing useful to say actually. I'm really annoyed right now can tell? And I don't want to muck up the guys feed with negativity (but I dont want others to be mislead either if it's not just me at this time) so here I vent until I truly know what's up and yea I had a headache.
I used it twice- both times keyed up, really bad mood, energetic but not in a good way and... headache
So yea. I have. Now I can maybe add some value here...
You can read the rest of this or take this short cut - (blend) ... and journal. Notes about every little effect & symptom whenever you use just one or two at a time. Then add smll amoutns of balancing stuff. Make the tension strains , the headache strains- they be the balancing stuffs. It's ok if they last longer than the grandkids if you don't want to sell stuff off or do that to your plants.
You are so lucky. Im sparing you the Red Zareena story. But listen, nothing is too weird to do where krato is concerned. I have a strain (it's red zareena) that I use to "season" - add a benefit / effect to multi strain blends. I never use more than .08 and never needed to. I'd have thrown that bastard out if I didn't wonder if maybe it was just freakishly strong. It is. That one batch was a bomb and the crumb numbs me out and makes me go go. Why would I lie?
Make like baking and blend the sh up to suit you perfectly for every occasoin .. It'll work perfect at least some of the time.
I want you to feel better
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:51 pm
by Gopherdude
Yes I have had this happen before it seems to only happen when I take to much. I also noticed that some foods cause it to happen to me. I don't know it's a combo of these certain foods and kratom or what.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:10 am
by FartBlaster
You just need to drink water as kratom has helped tension headaches for me.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:31 am
by herbalhippie
So, these kratom headaches I've been having. Whenever I've posted about it someone almost always tells me it's because I'm dehydrated. I know I drink plenty of water, so I know it's not that.
The other day I took cat's claw too close to the half a clonidine I take in the morning and tanked my blood pressure. I stopped at the store on the way to work and got a Gatorade (which I haven't bought in many, many years) and when I got to work, added a little extra salt and sugar to it.
The Gatorade brought my b/p back up to a manageable level and even better, made my headache go away. I've tried drinking glass after glass of water when I have one of these headaches and it doesn't work but Gatorade does.
It got me to wondering. What if kratom not only dehydrates you, but messes with your electrolytes as well?
Anyway, I am now a Gatorade addict. The strawberry/watermelon is really good.

Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:02 am
by BurntEnds
herbalhippie wrote:So, these kratom headaches I've been having. Whenever I've posted about it someone almost always tells me it's because I'm dehydrated. I know I drink plenty of water, so I know it's not that.
The other day I took cat's claw too close to the half a clonidine I take in the morning and tanked my blood pressure. I stopped at the store on the way to work and got a Gatorade (which I haven't bought in many, many years) and when I got to work, added a little extra salt and sugar to it.
The Gatorade brought my b/p back up to a manageable level and even better, made my headache go away. I've tried drinking glass after glass of water when I have one of these headaches and it doesn't work but Gatorade does.
It got me to wondering. What if kratom not only dehydrates you, but messes with your electrolytes as well?
Anyway, I am now a Gatorade addict. The strawberry/watermelon is really good.

Anything that causes diuresis, which kratom does and is why it dehydrates you, will mess with your electrolytes. You will lose sodium and potassium at the least because of how the kidneys function. Alteration in these two electrolytes can definitely lead to headaches and generally feeling off.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:54 am
by javagurl62
Good thread. I get headaches from reds. My water intake has been lower than normal. I have been adding flavored sparkling water to my daily diet soda intake. I drink at most 2 diet sodas a day. I know diet soda is bad, caffeine being the least of the problem. I will start buying bananas again, for sure and maybe add in some Gatorade-like water.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am
by herbalhippie
javagurl62 wrote:Good thread. I get headaches from reds. My water intake has been lower than normal. I have been adding flavored sparkling water to my daily diet soda intake. I drink at most 2 diet sodas a day. I know diet soda is bad, caffeine being the least of the problem. I will start buying bananas again, for sure and maybe add in some Gatorade-like water.
definitely a Gatorade or something else with electrolytes because it works amazingly for the headaches I get from Red strains.
Re: Headaches from kratom
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:32 am
by mivanqua
Payshince wrote:e_p
Are you sure?
What ingredients exactly are you referring to?
I have heard of things like this but I am kind of surprised as I thought with Gatorade/ Powerade would be a trusting brand to consume.
How about instead of Zero Sugar I just drink Low Sugar
As in G2?!
Artificial sweeteners are a known carcinogen. There was a buzz about it when it first came out in the 80s. The first company to use artificial sweeteners (as I recall) was a company called Canfields, they had a sort of yoo-hooish chocolate drink in a can. My mom WOULD NOT let me have it after she found out about the cancer accelerating properties of artificial sweeteners. Ironically, nowadays all she drinks are diet sodas and I try to remind her of what she told me, but it never seems to get through. Weird!
As far as Gatorade being a trustworthy company, ehhh...they are owned by Kraft or General Mills or one of those sketchy companies that is not AT ALL trustworthy. Just FYI. I wouldn't trust ANY food from these big companies.