Page 1 of 1

Human consumption??

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:01 pm
by khu23
Hi all. I have a few questions that I am hoping that can be answered here. What are the requirements for a company to label their Kratom for consumption? I know they have to be in compliance with testing and all of that, but what are the actual steps to get there?

Re: Human consumption??

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:30 am
by e_poison
I thought this was going to be a cannibalism thread for a minute, and was about to nope the hell out. :lol:

As far as your question, I don’t think kratom can be labeled as for human consumption at this time (at least not in the US). I do know there are some efforts being made in that direction with studies and testing, but we’re just not there yet. Regulation is a whole other monster - some are for it, some are against it. There are pros and cons in both camps.

Re: Human consumption??

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 am
by fusedflora
e_poison wrote:I thought this was going to be a cannibalism thread for a minute, and was about to nope the hell out. :lol:

As far as your question, I don’t think kratom can be labeled as for human consumption at this time (at least not in the US). I do know there are some efforts being made in that direction with studies and testing, but we’re just not there yet. Regulation is a whole other monster - some are for it, some are against it. There are pros and cons in both camps.
It can't as long until FDA labels it as such. GMP vendors usually can tho.

Re: Human consumption??

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 am
by Lambeezy
e_poison wrote:I thought this was going to be a cannibalism thread for a minute, and was about to nope the hell out. :lol:

As far as your question, I don’t think kratom can be labeled as for human consumption at this time (at least not in the US). I do know there are some efforts being made in that direction with studies and testing, but we’re just not there yet. Regulation is a whole other monster - some are for it, some are against it. There are pros and cons in both camps.
I got some white domination from herbaldom a couple months ago and it was labeled for human consumption at 2g a dose

Re: Human consumption??

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 pm
by pray4peace4
No, I've never tried that. I'd think we'd be really chewy. Plus I'd miss my friends.

Re: Human consumption??

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:09 am
by IndelibleDotInk
White domination? Are these skinhead kratomists?

Re: Human consumption??

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:48 am
by mivanqua
IndelibleDotInk wrote:White domination? Are these skinhead kratomists?
Uh...they're the Kratomista Blancas. I'd watch it, they don't like being called "kratomists" or "keatonists" and have killed for much less. FYI.