Smiley Time
-
nerdy ninja
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Smiley Time
First off I just want to say that STH is best vendor in my opinion hands down but has anyone else had a go to strain from him go flat ? The PMD and Green Smile are amazing but Green Monster and Green Kali was the best strains I’ve had from him by far but the most recent batches I’ve got have not worked for me. Anyone else had the same experience?
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: Smiley Time
I've not had that problem with any of Smiley's strains - they have been fairly consistent in quality from one batch to the next. I did find that White Smile 2.0, which seemed to be well-liked by people here, didn't sit well with me at all. Mr. Smiley is great, though. He sent me the same quantity of a different strain, free of charge, that was delightful and everything I'd hoped White Smile would be. He stands by his product so if you're unhappy with anything, shoot him an e-mail and let him know.
-
nerdy ninja
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Re: Smiley Time
That’s what puzzles me is Ive never had any of his strains not work for me and the one time it didn’t he sent me another one as you mentioned. I just would feel bad to hit him up with it being two strains this time. And the green monster was by far my favorite strain from him so far but the last batch I got just hasn’t worked for me. I was just curious if any other people were having the same experience.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Smiley Time
Could be the beginning of the rainy season leaf?nerdy ninja wrote:That’s what puzzles me is Ive never had any of his strains not work for me and the one time it didn’t he sent me another one as you mentioned. I just would feel bad to hit him up with it being two strains this time. And the green monster was by far my favorite strain from him so far but the last batch I got just hasn’t worked for me. I was just curious if any other people were having the same experience.
-
aqtgirly4u
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm
- Location: Kansas City Metro
Re: Smiley Time
Didn't STH state in a recent email that they had an issue with the quality of a few batches? I deleted the email so can't go back and check it out but I'm pretty sure they said to contact them if you felt you had a batch that was not as good as their usual quality. Maybe drop them an email and ask if your strains were ones they had issues with.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Smiley Time
All vendors face the question of "What do I do after importing a below average batch" ?? Many vendors will sell it anyway... A few vendors can afford to use below average leaf for making extract, or just put in storage. Smiley is an experienced guy, very important, so he knows the difference between high quality and just average.... So figure his #1 product (Read his email promotion!) his #1 product now, is his "Smile Blends" which come in all colors plus Secret Smile. After that his Top Seller is of course - PMD.
Smiley HAS a reputation to uphold on those 2 product lines - Smile and PMD. Others.... he sells lots of "strains" because he thinks people want many choices? What is Green Kali - short for Kalimantan? Isn't all kratom from Kalimantan? lol... Monster, that's an English word. The supplier thought that's what Americans want a catchy word? No thanks - Personally I order PMD, and Smile products.. then maybe his SG3 or Premium Thai - but only after seeing multiple reviews for that batch.
Smiley HAS a reputation to uphold on those 2 product lines - Smile and PMD. Others.... he sells lots of "strains" because he thinks people want many choices? What is Green Kali - short for Kalimantan? Isn't all kratom from Kalimantan? lol... Monster, that's an English word. The supplier thought that's what Americans want a catchy word? No thanks - Personally I order PMD, and Smile products.. then maybe his SG3 or Premium Thai - but only after seeing multiple reviews for that batch.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
nerdy ninja
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Re: Smiley Time
I completely agree. The smile strains and PMD have been consistently phenomenal. The Thai I tried recently but found the Malay and SG3 to be above average but not mind blowing but I understand that some strains are don’t work the same on everyone. And a very valid point about the names of certain strains.
What puzzled me the most about the monster strain was that it went from the best I’ve had from STH to completely ineffective. The quality from batch to batch I expect to vary because Kratom is a plant that can be fickle at times but never had a strain go from being a solid 9/10 to a 3/10
What puzzled me the most about the monster strain was that it went from the best I’ve had from STH to completely ineffective. The quality from batch to batch I expect to vary because Kratom is a plant that can be fickle at times but never had a strain go from being a solid 9/10 to a 3/10
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Smiley Time
How long is smiley closed for maintenance????
-
LuLu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:50 am
- Location: Kansas
Re: Smiley Time
Nov 5th - 13th is what read in the email I got.acejestyr15 wrote:How long is smiley closed for maintenance????
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Smiley Time
Damn, figures!! Okay thanks LuLuLuLu wrote:Nov 5th - 13th is what read in the email I got.acejestyr15 wrote:How long is smiley closed for maintenance????
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: Smiley Time
I thought it said open on the 11th also something about quality control.I to am looking forward to trying some Smiley Time Ive heard great things .
-
hummusnerd
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 6:08 pm
Re: Smiley Time
Yes! His strains have been so great this year but my last two orders seem to have been very ineffective. Not sure if it’s a tolerance to his product (weird sounding I know) but glad I’m not the only one. Will probably shop around elsewhere and come back when I hear of a fire strain from him.
-
Magnum_Dorkus
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:01 pm
Re: Smiley Time
I feel cursed because every time in the last like, 3 months that I've gone to order from Smiley, they've been sold out or closed for some reason. I'm not a particularly avid forum or kratom user, but is there some kind of supply chain issue that they keep selling out so fast? They are the best I've tried, and I'm having to seek out other options that have been subpar to STH. 
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Smiley Time
A number of things. #1 we've seen with really GOOD vendors, who stock a limited supply / small batch fire.. It's gone very fast. Sometimes within a few hours.. usually a few days. So if you're not paying attention, like Daily... you're missing the boat?Magnum_Dorkus wrote:... every time in the last like, 3 months that I've gone to order from Smiley, they've been sold out or closed for some reason. I'm not a particularly avid forum or kratom user, but is there some kind of supply chain issue that they keep selling out so fast?
Smiley HAD some growing pains.. But he's still "small batch" really. Of course any vendor, wants to SELL- but its a balancing act!! Too much Demand, too much hype... creates a Supply problem. Now you're selling out, top shelf PMD really fast. Customers frustrated, they can't get what everyone is yapping about.
Smiley was forced to change his website / close his MeWe Group. WHY? Good question.. imo he was attacked by competitors, and jealous haters, ( He did post about this-), And then he got nervous there were Medical Claims being openly discussed on his MeWe Group and the FDA were watching ?? His wife IS expecting, any time now iirc check Calendar.. He decided to go Membership Only. Then play it safe, and close the Group.
I would bet on Smiley. Send him an Email. Join the Membership. Get on his Email List for promotions!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Smiley Time
I ordered one of my faves, Red Sandai. I will use your expression: it went flat. I was bummed. I didn't get a sample, either. Don't mean to sound like an entitled jackass, but I was disappointed by the whole thing and kicking myself for not getting Yellow Vietnam instead. I am disabled and on an extremely fixed income, and I feel like I made the wrong choice or something. I have always loved the red sandai & am mystified by the whole lackluster experience. All T, no shade.nerdy ninja wrote:First off I just want to say that STH is best vendor in my opinion hands down but has anyone else had a go to strain from him go flat ? The PMD and Green Smile are amazing but Green Monster and Green Kali was the best strains I’ve had from him by far but the most recent batches I’ve got have not worked for me. Anyone else had the same experience?
The Red Queen
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Smiley Time
I've had similar experiences in the past with STH and other vendors where a known favorite refresh seems bunk.
I recommend putting the batch aside for a few weeks to a few months then come back to it. Most of the time, your body and tolerance will change enough to where the leaf will hit much better than it did initially. All of the sudden it works!
It's a strange plant. I recommend giving it at least a 2nd and 3rd try after some time passes if you haven't already. Just a suggestion.
I recommend putting the batch aside for a few weeks to a few months then come back to it. Most of the time, your body and tolerance will change enough to where the leaf will hit much better than it did initially. All of the sudden it works!
It's a strange plant. I recommend giving it at least a 2nd and 3rd try after some time passes if you haven't already. Just a suggestion.
-
nerdy ninja
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Re: Smiley Time
any word on when he’s going to open back up?
- Haid3r
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm
Re: Smiley Time
I haven't heard a word, but I'm wearing out my refresh key while I wait!


-
Magnum_Dorkus
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:01 pm
Re: Smiley Time
The site said he was supposed to open back up on Wednesday the 13th I think, but then when I went there on wednesday it said closed until further notice.... 
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Smiley Time
Anyone tried his white Vietnam? I got some yesterday from Benni and haven't tried it yet.