Pain Strains
-
dawnm1982
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 am
Pain Strains
I know there have been topics on this and I’ve read through them but I’m stuck and looking for advice please. I can’t do a full reset because of my chronic pain. I have tried cutting down my doses and taking less doses during the day. That being said, I’ve dealt with a herniated disc/back pain/hip pain/si joint pain/sciatica for almost 2 years. I’ve been taking kratom for over a year. Im struggling to find pain relief the last month or so. What I’m wondering is what are your go to pain strains or anything else you want to offer. I’ve tried alternate supplements including turmeric, agmatine, akuamma, incarvillea, white willow bark, cats claw, corydalis. I had surgery in March and previous to that I had no issues with kratom working for me. About 2 months ago my doctor diagnosed with me with fibromyalgia also so if that helps anything. Sorry for the long post I’m looking for any help at this point. Thanks in advance.
-
Leaflover43
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 am
Re: Pain Strains
I'm kind of in a similar boat-I have MS so started with kratom for pain and fatigue and while i know my tolerance is up there I can't physically function with the amount of pain to really do a reset. I like Benni's Red Borneo, Smiley Time Red Smile and recently got green Malay batch 42 from Treasure House that's working fairly well. I successfully use Akuamma seed too. Do you blend? I find that incredibly helpful imo.
-
dawnm1982
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 am
Re: Pain Strains
Akuamma used to work for me but it stopped. How much do you use? One time I used too much & it almost came right back up. Since that time I haven’t really played with my dose. Yes I always blend. I’ve never had luck with red Borneo or red bali from anywhere. Smiley has a couple new strains that I haven’t had so I was thinking of placing an order. Treasure house is one vendor I haven’t tried. I usually order off the vendor list or recommendations off here.
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: Pain Strains
Lizas RHSC ired haired stepchild is a blend of reds that I have found helps me with my fibromyalgia symptoms I like to add to everything.
-
BlueRedOcean
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 pm
Re: Pain Strains
dawnm1982 wrote:Akuamma used to work for me but it stopped. How much do you use? One time I used too much & it almost came right back up. Since that time I haven’t really played with my dose. Yes I always blend. I’ve never had luck with red Borneo or red bali from anywhere. Smiley has a couple new strains that I haven’t had so I was thinking of placing an order. Treasure house is one vendor I haven’t tried. I usually order off the vendor list or recommendations off here.
I found that mixing in some white strains can expand the pain relief qualities. For example a white borneo, white undo, or white bali mixed with a good red strain. 2/3 red and 1/3 white is a good ratio. Mixing in a white has other benefits as well like more energy and uplifting.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Pain Strains
I'm gonna Reply here although I enjoy kratom not mainly for chronic pain.. I know its an issue around here & so many of our brothers sisters need relief over the holidays.. so maybe we can put our heads together. Pain Management is the term, finding what's effective day 2 day. Some days are better than others..dawnm1982 wrote:I’m stuck and looking for advice please. I can’t do a full reset because of my chronic pain. I have tried cutting down my doses and taking less doses during the day. That being said, I’ve dealt with a herniated disc/ back pain/ hip pain/ si joint pain/ sciatica for almost 2 years. I’ve been taking kratom for over a year.
So dawn U didn't say, are U taking other pain meds? I completely switched over, from opioid analgesics / to kratom a couple years ago. My understanding is, kratom does not really work w/ opioids. I see this question, on Reddit & FB and the general advice is, to taper or CT off norcos or whatever.. Then start kratom. I assume you've already been through that lol
That word.. Management. Having a plan to manage your pain, and tolerance.. Kratom is effective, but unfortunately it does require re-dosing every few hours. And its a balancing act.. Upping the dose, will eventually result in tolerance kicking in. So what's the best plan? TWO things: 1- Potentiators, and 2- Tolerance Reducers.
I think we view those as separate add-ons... and use 'em differently. Potentiators are taken, 30 min. before our serving of kratom.. Examples would be: Bioperene (Black Pepper extract), which is often found in herbal formula's. Herbal Teas - you mention Akumma, Incarvillea ? contact an experienced Herbalist, to get some advice.. specific for Pain Relief. I recommend Meridian Botanicals - https://meridianbotanicals.com/
I make a cup of Herbal Tea, add honey, and usually raw Turmeric powder & some pieces of crystallized ginger. Get the Bioperine in caps and take 1 cap, with cup of Tea. Some herbs are definitely best when bought raw, bulk, and then made into Tea... just seems stronger. Compared to buying another bottle of herbal pills, lol
Now.. Tolerance reducers. Agmatine, are you on Reddit? That's the knowledge base of kratom.. not here. Sorry MM! Most of the chatter here is vendor talk. You want 80,000 people and 5 years of information.. go to Reddit. Read what u/Azulcat is saying about Agmatine.. He's a chronic pain guy. He (and others) use Agmatine daily, to lower their kratom dose/ manage tolerance.
OK. Finally. What about Black Seed Oil? That is known to increase pain relief, and its described as both a potentiator, and or a tolerance buster? Definitely works over night, as a sleep aid.. BSO is for sure, a pain reliever.. maybe it's finding the right stuff? I was just looking at Freshfield BSO on Amazon LINK, which I got rec from a friend here on MM!!
Anyway, kind of long.. thanks for reading. Let us know, what you find out!!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Pain Strains
Hey BallzDeep9!
Thanks for the link to the Black Seed Oil. Just ordered and looking forward to giving this a try
Thanks for the link to the Black Seed Oil. Just ordered and looking forward to giving this a try
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Pain Strains
Greyfeather wrote:Hey BallzDeep9!
Thanks for the link to the Black Seed Oil. Just ordered and looking forward to giving this a try
I am on second bottle, 100% legit and works... From my experience when i don't take it i feel like iam still on kratom effect, but when i take before sleep with out kratom, i can wake up and notice once in a while runny nose or pain coming back to joints compare to if i dont take BSO that doesnt happen, you need longer days maybe 2 or 3 with out kratom for it to happen, so yes, 24 hour break from a 10-12gram per day and you will reduce tolerance faster with BSO, its a very good sign when you start feel pain and runny nose. Next dose means a hit with out fail but here is the point, if you want to quit kratom at this point commit to jump over the bump and keep using BSO, drinking Guayusa tea everyday and other natural herbs with Epson salt hot baths. All that reduces most discomfort, less then a week kratom should be gone from your system but you wont escape pain if you have it, akuamma seed or over the counter, something has to be used, but if your pain is not bad and bearable then welcome to your new self without kratom, i sometimes think we forget how it is to be without kratom, it sure not bad or good, its just what it is. By the way all this time i used guayusa leaf, it does give mild mood lift with focus and alertness, mild but it is there. Both kratom and guayusa tea can be over kill and i stopped using it. Dont mix guayusa leaf with super fast strains, it can be to much but if you use it with any reds, its match made in heaven, you get calm sedative relaxations with mild focus and alertness. On its own on kratom breaks it should always be right next to your bed side. Surprisingly its very cheap, 20$ 1 pound on amazon.
Code: Select all
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Guayusa+Leaf&ref=nb_sb_noss_2Kratom user since 2014!
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Pain Strains
So very grateful for your reply brave777,
Clearly, using BSO isn't as simple as I thought and will require some planning. Going to read your message several times and then do some more research. Don't want to mess up a good thing
Clearly, using BSO isn't as simple as I thought and will require some planning. Going to read your message several times and then do some more research. Don't want to mess up a good thing