Page 1 of 1
Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm
by Greyfeather
Hi Folks!
I have been wanting to purchase a scale for quite a while now. Weighing kratom makes a lot of sense. I purchased three from a large discount store, but none of them showed consistent results so I returned them. Then again, I was only willing to spend $20 tops.
Anyone have a recommendation? My city doesn't have as many shops with that kind of product that many other cities do (but maybe I'm looking at the wrong stores?). I kind of dread ordering online unless the vendor has a fair return policy, but I would do that if someone here had a great experience.
Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!!

Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 pm
by aqtgirly4u
I've purchased a total of 3 of these for myself and family members. It weighs to 0.00 gm and is very consistent and reliable. Have had for over a year with no problems at all! $12
GDEALER DS1 Digital Pocket Kitchen Multifunction Food Scale for Bake Jewelry Weight, 0.001oz/0.01g 500g, Tare, Stainless Steel, Backlit Display, Silver
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6RE3A0/re ... 4DbHPWCNZD
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:00 pm
by Greyfeather
Thank you, aqtgirly4u!
I will check this one out

Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:20 pm
by Lambeezy
Weigh Gram Scale Digital Pocket Scale,100g by 0.01g,Digital Grams Scale, Food Scale, Jewelry Scale Black, Kitchen Scale 100g(TOP-100)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y61YW7S/re ... 4DbWE1AAG6
Been using this one for 5 months. Just use a solo cup on top and zero it out and weigh my kratom. No mess.
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:02 pm
by Greyfeather
Thank you!!

Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:50 pm
by fusedflora
Go with the Amir scale on amazon.
It has calibration weights and goes to 0.00g
I have like 4 and they all are great!
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:59 pm
by daxodactyl
Lambeezy wrote:Weigh Gram Scale Digital Pocket Scale,100g by 0.01g,Digital Grams Scale, Food Scale, Jewelry Scale Black, Kitchen Scale 100g(TOP-100)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y61YW7S/re ... 4DbWE1AAG6
Been using this one for 5 months. Just use a solo cup on top and zero it out and weigh my kratom. No mess.
I second this. I’ve had 2 of these scales for over two years. They have been consistently reliable with multiple daily uses and were not expensive.
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:23 pm
by brave777
I use, 21$ on amazon , some of those smaller scales you cant go over 500 grams, thats why i went with this choice.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QG ... UTF8&psc=1
What i do is, fill the cup half way with hot water and place it on the scale, press 0. Then add the grams, it only goes by grams. so you wont see extra 1.4 or something, once you hit that gram, you just automatically know its around the next number or in a half. Like i try to get 6 grams but want to stay under it, because i know it will be close to 6 or 5.5 grams. Reason why i got this one is because if i put a bag away, I can trow the whole bag on the scale and just write the #grams down on the bag. I am sure there is better 0.01 grams, but i don't mind the not seeing .00
Beside you can use it for other things you scale in the kitchen, like flour.
Do do the expert way and measure 0.001 , spoon take longer and when i don't have time i use the other one.
I use this spoon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2 ... UTF8&psc=1
I also have those old herbal salvation spoons, and i find them pretty accurate, the small side is 2 grams and bigger side is 6 grams, each time i do 3 dips flat for 2 grams, it always land on 6 grams or close to it. If you got those Lecasy spoons you can use that.
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:59 pm
by herbalhippie
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:39 pm
by FartBlaster
I grabbed one on Amazon for $7 you only need a very basic digi
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:55 am
by su9861
to calibrate your scale ( make certain it is accurate )
https://www.viridiangold.com/jewelry-si ... rison.html
Cent (since 1983) - 2.500 g
.
Nickel (since 1866) - 5.000 g
.
Dime (since 1965) - 2.268 g
.
Quarter (since 1965) - 5.670 g
.
Half Dollar (since 1971) - 11.340 g
Re: Weighing In: Scales?
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 pm
by Greyfeather
Thank You for all of the suggestions, guys.
I went with the Weigh Gram, which so many of you have had success with. So far, so good.
And it's great that I have other options if this one doesn't pan out.
Ya'll are the BEST
