Page 1 of 1

Kratom and creativity

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:36 am
by FartBlaster
Does anyone find Kratom increases creativity? For me it does, I like to dose and play my guitar. :D

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:08 am
by neuropathy1
FartBlaster wrote:Does anyone find Kratom increases creativity? For me it does, I like to dose and play my guitar. :D
I'm a hack guitarist and most definitely kratom puts me in the "focus zone". I feel like it allows me to ad lib my leads/ solo licks so much better. Its awesome! But drives my wife crazy!

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:39 am
by KBull
Most definitely. I’m a home builder by trade, carpentry, finish carpentry. And I do woodworking on my free time. Kratom always helps me focus better and gives me the energy and mindset to get in the zone with my projects and be way more creative and motivated

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:39 am
by davidisgoliath
Yes! That is when I know that I have a good strain because I'll grab up my acoustic and write. That and going on a run or a walk. Which in turn helps me to create.

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:08 pm
by K-Dawg
Absolutely! I'm a golf professional and it helps me focus when I give golf lessons. Im definitely a better teacher when I have a light burn going. It also helps me focus and get into the zone when I am playing golf:)

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:57 pm
by brave777
davidisgoliath wrote:Yes! That is when I know that I have a good strain because I'll grab up my acoustic and write. That and going on a run or a walk. Which in turn helps me to create.
i also noticed if i do run or sauna, more creativity. might have something to do with good blood flow to the brain. Most people just sit behind screen and motivations drops.

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:40 pm
by FireCrotch79
Kratom always helps me focus better and gives me the energy and mindset to get in the zone with my projects and be way more creative and motivated[/quote]

Same here. Helps me rock my drum set and come up with fresh new beats I've never played before. Helps with stamina also to keep it going. I've been recording my playing so I can go back and replay or practice certain beats.

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:38 am
by KurtisCards
I definitely need to get some more active hobbies like you guys.

Kratom always helps me buy cool baseball cards though haha

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:42 pm
by demafrost
FartBlaster wrote:Does anyone find Kratom increases creativity? For me it does, I like to dose and play my guitar. :D
I have to be honest, it makes me feel less creative. I barely touch my guitar on days I take kratom. When I used to take phenibut I couldn't put my guitar down. Everything I played sounded amazing to me.

But when I take kratom, I don't listen to music as much, I don't play guitar as much. I do get hyper focused on many other activities though but its more stuff like cleaning and organizing things in the house, finding home improvement projects to do, work out etc.

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 pm
by BallzDeep9
Artists, Writers, Musicians, have used substances going back 200 years.. in particular Opiates, and Alcohol - both of which calm nerves and help with performance anxiety. Classical composers like Chopin and Berlioz' enjoyed Opium.. for Jazz greats like Miles and Coltrane, it was heroin.. think about it. Many of he greatest musicians of the past century were on dope.. Clapton to Kurt Cobain.

Kratom's pseudo opioid effect is great for blocking out anxiety and getting into your groove. Stack with a beta blocker, could be just right for Live performance. Yeah, lots of players are drunks (esp. country & rock,) but... Weed is a no-no, makes you paranoid. :geek:

Re: Kratom and creativity

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:48 pm
by Pete2000
BallzDeep9 wrote:Artists, Writers, Musicians, have used substances going back 200 years.
Or longer. Scientists recently found the oldest known figurative paintings in a cave on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi. The scene was painted 44,000 years ago.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/11/78676079 ... ory-of-art

Wild guess that the person painting the half human/half animal got into some old growth fire. :D