Strong euphoric reds?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Adrumaddict
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Strong euphoric reds?

Post by Adrumaddict »

I'm having a hell of a time finding vendors with good strong reds anymore. I've certainly found some that were decent, but they all seem to produce sedation for the most part, and lack the happy euphoria these days. Happy Hippo Red Sumatra, and even the Red Horn still have the qualities I'm looking for in a night time red, but as you all know, the price is outrageous. Kats Chocolate was really nice for a while, but the last batch I got was a complete dud. Would greatly appreciate some suggestions. Thanks!
Metal!! \m/
User avatar
Babel-17
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by Babel-17 »

The Plantation grown blend of Reds in Red Dragon from InSense has been very good to me, as has the wild grown version offered from their other site, Gold Leaf Botanicals. IIRC it's a blend of four reds.

Soflo offers a Chocolate Bentaguie that afaik is a fermented red, and it's smile inducing without being all that sedating in smaller doses. I reviewed it there.

Edit: Woops! I just remembered that the Red Malay from Tea Time Botanicals was amazeballs when I got a sample of it, and I just requested a bit more to make up for a coupon code snafu that was my fault. A bit pricey, but worth it imo. 15% off with the coupon code JINGLEBELLS at checkout. You'll see that advertised on their main page, it's good until the 20th.
User avatar
7ohm
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by 7ohm »

In my experience, certain blended greens are more like what i would assume a red/opiate/7ohm experience to be like. eg I could easily call green samarinda red samarinda and still meet what people's expectations of red are. It sounds like maybe you should avoid pure reds like red borneo, bentuangie, etc...To me, pure reds are one dimensional, since the sun oxidizes leaving a less diverse alkaloid profile. I normally do 10 grams of everything, but I do 12 with reds.
BurntEnds
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by BurntEnds »

Hey dude^^^ Glad you decided to join us here...Welcome to MM!
Adrumaddict
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by Adrumaddict »

Thanks for all of your replies!!

Babel-17- I'll check those out for sure, thanks!! I've actually never tried a Red Malay.

7ohm- I've wondered that before about pure reds, but the Chocolate from Kats is a pure red, and even fermented, but it was outstanding. I'm wondering if the season is off for that particular blend from Kats? But I think you're on it, as most of the pure reds especially the fermented ones like you said are one dimensional. I'll try blending some green to see what I can come up with. Thanks!

BurntEnds- Thanks, nice to be here!!
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by RumRunner »

7ohm wrote:In my experience, certain blended greens are more like what i would assume a red/opiate/7ohm experience to be like. eg I could easily call green samarinda red samarinda and still meet what people's expectations of red are. It sounds like maybe you should avoid pure reds like red borneo, bentuangie, etc...To me, pure reds are one dimensional, since the sun oxidizes leaving a less diverse alkaloid profile. I normally do 10 grams of everything, but I do 12 with reds.
Yo man, welcome to the MM!
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by guitartodd77 »

Welcome to DoubleM!

It's funny, I'm having a hard time finding heavy reds lately. My insomnia is starting flair back up (holidays) and I'm avoiding most of my reds because they are too euphoric and energetic to me at night. Here is a list:

1. TFH Wild Harvest Indo Uplifting
2. TFH R. Elephant Hulu Uplifting
3. TFH Wild R. Sumpur Uplifting
4. Soultanic July RJK - Pain Mid
5. Leaves of Eden Wild Fire Red - Mid Uplift
6. Leaves of Eden Fire Red- Mid Uplift
7. SOSA Baik Bali - Mood Uplift
8. TFH 30 Yr Wild Red Hangat IR3 pain mid uplift
9. Speciosa Life - Red Bali 1 - mid mood
10. Spirit Science - Premium Red Plantation - pain mid mood
11. Smiley Red Bali 1 - Mid mood
12. Treasure House - #44 Modern Red Maeng Da - pain mid
13. Treasure House - #44 Red Maeng Da - pain mid
14. STH Red Smile - Mid Relaxing Mood Uplift
15. Botanical Bunny Red JKMD - Mid relaxing mood
16. Herbaldom- R. Domination- mid stim mood
17. Treasure House - #41 Red Maeng Da - Mid Uplift
18. Leaves of Eden Prem String Dried R. Sunda -pain mid- legs
19. Botanical Bunny R. Labai - Mid- uplifting
20. Spirit Science R. Sulawesi mid fast
21. Smiley R. Keta 2 - mid - stim
22. Speciosa Life - R. Sunda pain mid relax
23. Motark R. Borneo - mid - mood uplift
24. Leaves of Eden RJK3 - Mid pain mood relax
25. TFH - Wild Prem Bali WM-1- pain clear mood

That is my current personal ranking of the mid spec reds I currently own with a personal note about each one. It changes often.

I also have another, much much shorter list of reds that are slow and may or may not help with sleep. The batches consist of the Soultanic July Super MD or Treasure House #44 Red Elephant to name a couple for example. However, I've found that good Bent will usually do the trick when I need sleep. :D

Hope it helps. Note that TFH and Smiley Time are membership only vendors.

As with all kratom, your mileage may (and probably will) vary. Also, as with all kratom, it's based on the batch. Some of the strains listed above were acquired several months ago or longer. It is my own personal list that I use to rotate through my stash. Thought it might help point you in a few directions.

Good luck!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

7ohm wrote:I normally do 10 grams of everything, but I do 12 with reds.
wOw, that sounds like a great way to increase your tolerance, with NO euphoria. :lol: Less is More! :geek:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Somethingsacred
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by Somethingsacred »

I’ve been impressed with bents from Benni, super bent , milk chocolate bent, bent kapuas .... his red Hulu and Malay is awesome ...also TFH has a really amazing chocolate bent ( but yeah, not available at the moment to non members)

I usually take 2tsp per dose , but like 7ohm... I take a slightly bigger amount with reds .. 2-1/2 -3 tsps..

It’s been a while since I ordered from Nature’s Cure but the red Borneo that I have is stellar .. tends to start out more energetically then a bit into it , brings to to a very relaxed and content spot ..

I used to only go for greens , which are still my preferred “type”... but have recently been loving bents and some reds ... along with a few whites ..
Chris_s29
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by Chris_s29 »

Herbaldom-red dragon
Carolina kratom-bigger red
Wonderland gardens-13th blend
Mitraman-red sula
Spirit science-yellow jk and red bent

These are the best slow reds I've had these past few months
FireCrotch79
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:12 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by FireCrotch79 »

For me Treasure House has the most euphoric reds
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

guitartodd77 wrote:Welcome to DoubleM!

It's funny, I'm having a hard time finding heavy reds lately. My insomnia is starting flair back up (holidays) and I'm avoiding most of my reds because they are too euphoric and energetic to me at night. Here is a list:

1. TFH Wild Harvest Indo Uplifting
2. TFH R. Elephant Hulu Uplifting
3. TFH Wild R. Sumpur Uplifting
4. Soultanic July RJK - Pain Mid
5. Leaves of Eden Wild Fire Red - Mid Uplift
6. Leaves of Eden Fire Red- Mid Uplift
7. SOSA Baik Bali - Mood Uplift
8. TFH 30 Yr Wild Red Hangat IR3 pain mid uplift
9. Speciosa Life - Red Bali 1 - mid mood
10. Spirit Science - Premium Red Plantation - pain mid mood
11. Smiley Red Bali 1 - Mid mood
12. Treasure House - #44 Modern Red Maeng Da - pain mid
13. Treasure House - #44 Red Maeng Da - pain mid
14. STH Red Smile - Mid Relaxing Mood Uplift
15. Botanical Bunny Red JKMD - Mid relaxing mood
16. Herbaldom- R. Domination- mid stim mood
17. Treasure House - #41 Red Maeng Da - Mid Uplift
18. Leaves of Eden Prem String Dried R. Sunda -pain mid- legs
19. Botanical Bunny R. Labai - Mid- uplifting
20. Spirit Science R. Sulawesi mid fast
21. Smiley R. Keta 2 - mid - stim
22. Speciosa Life - R. Sunda pain mid relax
23. Motark R. Borneo - mid - mood uplift
24. Leaves of Eden RJK3 - Mid pain mood relax
25. TFH - Wild Prem Bali WM-1- pain clear mood

That is my current personal ranking of the mid spec reds I currently own with a personal note about each one. It changes often.

I also have another, much much shorter list of reds that are slow and may or may not help with sleep. The batches consist of the Soultanic July Super MD or Treasure House #44 Red Elephant to name a couple for example. However, I've found that good Bent will usually do the trick when I need sleep. :D

Hope it helps. Note that TFH and Smiley Time are membership only vendors.

As with all kratom, your mileage may (and probably will) vary. Also, as with all kratom, it's based on the batch. Some of the strains listed above were acquired several months ago or longer. It is my own personal list that I use to rotate through my stash. Thought it might help point you in a few directions.

Good luck!
Wow!!! I thought I had a lot of strains laying around ... :lol:
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by guitartodd77 »

MetalMamaRocks wrote:
Wow!!! I thought I had a lot of strains laying around ... :lol:
Yeah, I really need to get involved with the trading post.

Kratom has helped me with chronic pain, depression and chronic fatigue but it's pretty clear that I still have some OCD issues to resolve. :D
Luk3
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by Luk3 »

guitartodd77 wrote:
MetalMamaRocks wrote:
Wow!!! I thought I had a lot of strains laying around ... :lol:
Yeah, I really need to get involved with the trading post.

Kratom has helped me with chronic pain, depression and chronic fatigue but it's pretty clear that I still have some OCD issues to resolve. :D
LOL! I hear you, buddy. :D
I definitely have a buying problem. But I also like to look at how much better my life is than 5 years ago; utilizing this amazing plant has helped me in so many ways..
ba2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by ba2000 »

I'm not sure about any current batch, but Enhanciosa's Red MD Jong Kong has been in my bedtime rotation (2g, two/three times a week) for about a year now. I would highly recommend it.
NWTNHR
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by NWTNHR »

I recommend not to view all vendors' varieties as the same. They're all different unless they purchase pre-blended batches from the same wholesale, business-to-business suppliers.

Rather, you need to ask for other people's reviews about a certain vendor's varieties. While you will largely experience at least some capacity of consistency in terms of a single vendor's varieties on a variety-by-variety basis, you can't compare Strain A from Vendor A, Vendor B, and Vendor C because they're all going to be inherently different.

Hope this makes sense.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by K-Dawg »

When I'm trying to get a euphoric burn I'll mix 1 part white, 1 part green, 2 parts red. I agree with 7ohm. Taking a single batch of red is 1 dimensional burn. Full spec is the way to go! :D
Happy Holidays!
-K-Dawg
Celestial-Oceanic
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am

Re: Strong euphoric reds?

Post by Celestial-Oceanic »

If Gumby is still taking orders, check out Wild Harvest Indo and Super Red Sunda from Texas Family Harvest. Both are amazing, with the Indo being a bit better in my opinion.

Motark's classic Red Vein is another that may fit the bill, as well as Modern Red MD from Treasure House.
Post Reply