Page 1 of 1

Stolen package

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:15 pm
by KraytomorKraatom?
Had an order I was waiting on for close to 10 days. Finally showed up while I was at work yesterday. Said it was delivered at 1:11 with another regular (not kratom) package. I got home at 1:35. Found my regular package in my box but the kratom was nowhere to be found. I went out to the post office and tried to find out what happened. A supervisor out there called my mail man and he said that it was too big to fit in my box so he left it on the ground. I talked to the vendor and asked what packaging it was sent it. The last one fit in my box fine. The vendor said it was a priority mail envelope same as the last. I waited for the mail man today to ask him face to face what happened. Unfortunately it wasn't my normal mail man. I'm not really sure what to do from here. I know kratom is legal but idk about filing a police report. Not sure how they will take that. Also I prefer to not deal with the police no matter what the circumstances. Not really sure what other options there are. If anyone has had experience with something similar and has a solution I would appreciate the advice. This just really sucks as I was completely out and was waiting for this package to get my through the holidays. Plus the strain I ordered was the best I have ever had and I was pretty stoked to get more. Now I have to spend an arm and a leg for smoke shop kratom to get me by until I can get another package. Probably send them to my girlfriends house from now on. Seriously bummed about it. Not a great start to the holidays.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:02 pm
by Lambeezy
Not much you can do. When this happens my mail man gets out and brings it up to the door. I installed a ring doorbell I got off amazon for 60 bucks on Black Friday and it does not miss ANYTHING. And alerts your phone any time there is movement.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:45 pm
by FartBlaster
This happened to a friend I sent a package to. You should watch tracking so you know when its there. If it's a problem get a Po box so it can't get jacked.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:52 pm
by K-Dawg
FartBlaster wrote:This happened to a friend I sent a package to. You should watch tracking so you know when its there. If it's a problem get a Po box so it can't get jacked.
That person was me... total bummer :cry:

I feel your pain KrayTOM.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:15 am
by Greyfeather
I don't know if this will help: I have dealt with this kind of crap for years. ( 9 out of 10 times the package ends up at your door 2 to 3 days later (despite all of the BULLSHIT that USPS Tracking 'claims' in their 'history').

I can't count the number of times I have looked up "Tracking History" and have seen "transferred 1:24 p.m." Then 5 hours later that has SUDDENLY been changed to "transferred 5:00 p.m." (covering our asses).

Get Screenshots or any other evidence available. USPS.


I had to wait 14 days for a "TWO DAY delivery: shipped on December 10. Their handy excuse? "High volume owing to the holidays." Big Company and screw-you-USPS gets away with them because we let them.

Complain at the Source - loud and clear, repeatedly. Postal is making bank with all of the online sales and shipping costs have become obscene.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:23 am
by herbalhippie
I'm sorry this happened to you! Mail theft is so rampant around this area that I have all my packages sent to work now. That was really interesting when I was buying kratom like a madwoman for a good part of this year. :lol:

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:29 pm
by MetalMamaRocks
Aww, I'm so sorry this happened to you! Hopefully it will show up. I never heard of a mailman putting a package on the ground beside the mailbox if it won't fit. The put ours on our porch.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:06 pm
by ®eddit®efugee
Tell your vendor. There's insurance up to $50 included on the package since it is priority. They need to make a claim. You should also go see the postmaster for that post office location, file a formal complaint against the mail carrier explaining the package was *not too big* and that you suspect theft or incompetence. Then wait a week and if you haven't heard anything file a formal complaint with the regional postmaster.

That's about all you can do at the moment. Sorry :(

If you say your location someone here might be in the same city and can help get you buy or sell you better than headship stuff for cheaper.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:28 pm
by herbalhippie
^^^ excellent advice!

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:41 pm
by fusedflora
®eddit®efugee wrote:Tell your vendor. There's insurance up to $50 included on the package since it is priority. They need to make a claim. You should also go see the postmaster for that post office location, file a formal complaint against the mail carrier explaining the package was *not too big* and that you suspect theft or incompetence. Then wait a week and if you haven't heard anything file a formal complaint with the regional postmaster.

That's about all you can do at the moment. Sorry :(

If you say your location someone here might be in the same city and can help get you buy or sell you better than headship stuff for cheaper.
Agree with this if it was shipped priority. Your vendor should send a replacement if under $50 and file the claim. I file about a claim a week and USPS reimburses me for stolen packages and late ones. It’s an easy process, which is why most vendors offer free priority shipping at some point, it helps protect the vendors and customers.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:38 am
by KraytomorKraatom?
fusedflora wrote:
®eddit®efugee wrote:Tell your vendor. There's insurance up to $50 included on the package since it is priority. They need to make a claim. You should also go see the postmaster for that post office location, file a formal complaint against the mail carrier explaining the package was *not too big* and that you suspect theft or incompetence. Then wait a week and if you haven't heard anything file a formal complaint with the regional postmaster.

That's about all you can do at the moment. Sorry :(

If you say your location someone here might be in the same city and can help get you buy or sell you better than headship stuff for cheaper.
Agree with this if it was shipped priority. Your vendor should send a replacement if under $50 and file the claim. I file about a claim a week and USPS reimburses me for stolen packages and late ones. It’s an easy process, which is why most vendors offer free priority shipping at some point, it helps protect the vendors and customers.
I appreciate the advice. I think this is pretty much the only option. The vendor was pretty understanding and is working with me to get it resolved. I had MM member reach out to offer help as well. It's just sad people are out there stealing packages around Christmas. Kinda grateful it was something of mine and not a Christmas gift for my daughter or something like that.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:14 am
by KBull
You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:29 pm
by MetalMamaRocks
KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
Wouldn't this be great? You must be a very kind person to think of something like this happening. I try to to live my life always looking at the positive and the good in people, but all I could think of was "this thief needs to pay"!

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:42 pm
by brave777
MetalMamaRocks wrote:
KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
Wouldn't this be great? You must be a very kind person to think of something like this happening. I try to to live my life always looking at the positive and the good in people, but all I could think of was "this thief needs to pay"!
After half a year they become clean and come back to apologies returning whats left. :) Or give you double money for what you paid. And some home made cookies for saving his life. That be one heck of a story. Cause one thing i noticed, kratom makes you nice and caring, thats the down side of it. :shock: 8-)

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:45 pm
by KraytomorKraatom?
KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
This made my day. Sounds like a movie almost. Years later I hear him tell the story in his AA lead and we become friends...
I can only hope to be as optimistic as you KBull. Thanks for laugh.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
by herbalhippie
KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
This brought a tear to my eye. Bless you.

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:01 am
by lemondrop
I live close to the city center downtown area of a medium sized city. There are lots of pedestrians around at all hours.
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.

I order a lot of stuff online and get a steady stream of packages, so it's totally worth the expense

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:39 pm
by Greyfeather
"lemondrop"]I live close to the city center downtown area of a medium sized city. There are lots of pedestrians around at all hours.
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.


I let my PO Box subscription expire years ago, but after reading this thread, I'm thinking it would be worth it the get one again. Also, we moved and we don't really feel that safe anymore.
At the very least, I figure that's one less rough-and-tumble ride my expensive electronic purchase has to take before I can get it :roll:

Re: Stolen package

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:51 am
by K-Dawg
lemondrop wrote:I live close to the city center downtown area of a medium sized city. There are lots of pedestrians around at all hours.
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.

I order a lot of stuff online and get a steady stream of packages, so it's totally worth the expense
LemonDrop,

I had a trade stolen from me a couple weeks ago. I rented a PO box strictly for Kratom and vape mail. Its so nice being able to just go to the PO Box and not worry about thieves!