Gaia & Salmonella?
-
Seacookie
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 pm
- Location: Pensacola, Florida
Gaia & Salmonella?
Sorry if not in the correct forum, but back in 2017 when there was that Salmonella tainted kratom scared was Gaia ever one of the vendors ever suspected? My mom got Salmonella around that time, which almost killed her, and just wrote it off to some under cooked egg drop soup. She still orders about a kg every 2 months from them. "Dan has the best kratom around!"as she always says. I know a lot of folks here swore off Gaia but why exactly?
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Gaia & Salmonella?
Just do search on forum for word Gaia and you will understand why no one buys from them.
Your mom probably doesn't know what good kratom is, there is tons of vendors here that have good kratom.
Your mom probably doesn't know what good kratom is, there is tons of vendors here that have good kratom.
Kratom user since 2014!
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Gaia & Salmonella?
Quality tanked..Seacookie wrote:Sorry if not in the correct forum, but back in 2017 when there was that Salmonella tainted kratom scared was Gaia ever one of the vendors ever suspected? My mom got Salmonella around that time, which almost killed her, and just wrote it off to some under cooked egg drop soup. She still orders about a kg every 2 months from them. "Dan has the best kratom around!"as she always says. I know a lot of folks here swore off Gaia but why exactly?
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Gaia & Salmonella?
mivanqua wrote:Quality tanked..Seacookie wrote:Sorry if not in the correct forum, but back in 2017 when there was that Salmonella tainted kratom scared was Gaia ever one of the vendors ever suspected? My mom got Salmonella around that time, which almost killed her, and just wrote it off to some under cooked egg drop soup. She still orders about a kg every 2 months from them. "Dan has the best kratom around!"as she always says. I know a lot of folks here swore off Gaia but why exactly?
That pretty much sums it up, they went from being one of r/kratom's favorite to most despised very quickly....kratom consumers are a very unforgiving peoples!!
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Gaia & Salmonella?
CatfatherB wrote:mivanqua wrote:Quality tanked..Seacookie wrote:Sorry if not in the correct forum, but back in 2017 when there was that Salmonella tainted kratom scared was Gaia ever one of the vendors ever suspected? My mom got Salmonella around that time, which almost killed her, and just wrote it off to some under cooked egg drop soup. She still orders about a kg every 2 months from them. "Dan has the best kratom around!"as she always says. I know a lot of folks here swore off Gaia but why exactly?
That pretty much sums it up, they went from being one of r/kratom's favorite to most despised very quickly....kratom consumers are a very unforgiving peoples!!
Unforgiving? that's an understatement. No one likes to feel like they been used like a rag doll. If they be smart, they would change tactics and send out free samples, so they would weed out all the crap powder. But oh well, they the boss and think we are dumb.. Not going to lie, i got shit from them that i dont think i ll ever use. In some ways it was my mistake but i accept it and never look their way again.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Re-leaf LLC
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:02 pm
Re: Gaia & Salmonella?
Salmonella scare was half bs and half serious. I I personally know TESTED kratom. The FDA confiscated one out of 5 boxes from someone I know. The other 4 tested clean bc the FDA onky confiscated one out if 5... but the 1 box at the border was found positive by the FDA the only box the fda had.... but all the FDA did was send out a letter claiming it had salmonella to the company... The FDA wouldn't release a sample to send back so the company could do their own test...they just had the person sign a waiver to destroy it. I'm not saying there is a conspiracy but I know the person well that ordered and they have NEVER had contamination issues. The fda seems to have not done testing and just lied... that was suspected.
I suspect they might have done this before BUT there is sometimes health issues and that's why the FDA campaign was reasonable and people were genuinely worried. About 3 years ago the industry was ALOT more dirty. Ever since people started posting pictures on social media the product has been cleaner. This last 3 year boom has helped clean up kratom.
I doubt Gaia is going to let anything like that happen BUT if they aren't checking product like some have suggested then that can be worrisome.
I say if your mom is happy that is all that matters... maybe her personal connection to her vendor is also part of the good experience
I suspect they might have done this before BUT there is sometimes health issues and that's why the FDA campaign was reasonable and people were genuinely worried. About 3 years ago the industry was ALOT more dirty. Ever since people started posting pictures on social media the product has been cleaner. This last 3 year boom has helped clean up kratom.
I doubt Gaia is going to let anything like that happen BUT if they aren't checking product like some have suggested then that can be worrisome.
I say if your mom is happy that is all that matters... maybe her personal connection to her vendor is also part of the good experience
Please see the unique business model we endorse at www.re-leaf.us/aboutus.html you will be very happy. And if you aren't please let me know why 
- Kucumber
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:33 am
Re: Gaia & Salmonella?
I just recently posted about this, here is my take.
I religiously ordered from Gaia for about 2-3 years between 2016-2019. My last order was early 2019. I never, that I know of, got salmonella or other serious illness. However, between early/mid ‘18- early ‘19- I noticed a serious quality drop. And here’s the thing, I was fairly new to kratom then, Still am even though I’ve been using it for about 5 years now. But even with my limited experience I could tell they were tanking. I had my last order the beginning of this year as a Hail Mary and I will never order from them again. Since then, I’ve been on the search for better vendors. By virtue of this search I also discovered I had been not only paying significantly more, but significantly more for significantly poorer quality.
This forum opened my eyes, and I thank the community for that. Stop ordering from Gaia and pursue one of these other well respected and reputable sources such as TFH, MM, SOSA, STH...(Almost all of which I’ve placed recent orders with and have been extremely pleased for the most part).
I religiously ordered from Gaia for about 2-3 years between 2016-2019. My last order was early 2019. I never, that I know of, got salmonella or other serious illness. However, between early/mid ‘18- early ‘19- I noticed a serious quality drop. And here’s the thing, I was fairly new to kratom then, Still am even though I’ve been using it for about 5 years now. But even with my limited experience I could tell they were tanking. I had my last order the beginning of this year as a Hail Mary and I will never order from them again. Since then, I’ve been on the search for better vendors. By virtue of this search I also discovered I had been not only paying significantly more, but significantly more for significantly poorer quality.
This forum opened my eyes, and I thank the community for that. Stop ordering from Gaia and pursue one of these other well respected and reputable sources such as TFH, MM, SOSA, STH...(Almost all of which I’ve placed recent orders with and have been extremely pleased for the most part).