Page 1 of 1
Looking for a strain to wean of meds
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:00 pm
by LisaLis
Hi all!! I have been on yucky opioids for 2 months due to a nasty shoulder injury. I'm ready to be done with the meds but I don't want to go through those weird physical withdrawals that people talk about. I have never experienced it and I don't want to. What strain/brand is the best to transition? Also, Am I allowed to post this? If not I am sorry and you can remove it.
Re: Looking for a strain to wean of meds
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 pm
by brave777
any kratom will help, type in search bar different key words, i think reddit has a section for it about people who want to transition. Maybe look around what they got. There is lots of awesome advice on reddit as well. Just type exact name of drug you been using and kratom in reddit search and i am sure lots of info will show up. just some thoughts
Re: Looking for a strain to wean of meds
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:24 am
by beathappening
I went through the same thing, and I found that reds are the most similar to opiates, and the best to transition. Some greens work well too. As far as the strain / brand, you just have to try different ones and find one that you like. I would suggest buying a sample pack from a vetted vendor here and trying different reds, like red Bali and red maeng da, etc. You need to taper off the opiates slowly, and even then you might still get some withdrawal symptoms. Kratom will help but it's not a replacement. Avoid other "cures" like methadone and Suboxone, they are just as hard or worse to come off of. Methadone withdrawal is the worst.
And like the above poster said, search Reddit for tips on how to taper and switch. I don't have the link but there are guides that explain in detail how to do it.
Re: Looking for a strain to wean of meds
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:39 pm
by LisaLis
Thank you both, I appreciate it! Oh heck no, I would NEVER use methodone or suboxone, EVER! I was on 10 mg of oxycodone, however towards the end I started taking higher doses, never no more than 30mg. Whoever says that stuff is not addicting is surely lying!