Page 1 of 1

Multiple small doses > fewer large doses

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:03 pm
by The Relaxed Guy
This is directed more at people who take kratom every day, multiple doses a day. For those of you taking kratom as needed, this doesn’t really apply, because a large dose may be beneficial depending on your need (think pain).

But for those of you who do take kratom every day, multiple times a day like I do, this may be a game changer. Just take 1/2 of your normal dose, but then take it twice as frequently. So instead of taking 4 grams 3x/day, take 2 grams 6x/day.


It provides a much more stable, consistent effect throughout the day. Your mind just feels... cleaner. You never get that “down” feeling when you’re in between doses. With the frequent low-dosing, you stay “peaking” all day.

Plus, you feel each dose. With bigger doses, usually the first burn of the day is really good, then each subsequent one is worse. But when you switch to lower dosing, you’re no longer fully saturating your receptors with single doses, so they remain receptive to subsequent doses. I have no idea what the science is behind this but there’s something to it, it’s like my receptors have been rejuvenated somehow.

And here’s an added bonus of the frequent low-dosing, all though it probably only applies to a minority of kratom users: It satisfies the urge to redose. I personally struggle with the urge to redose any substance that works for me. It’s sort of a trait of my addictive nature - when I take something and it works, I start thinking about the redose. With kratom, you really can’t do that because more is not better - redosing too early or often will ruin the experience entirely. But I still find myself looking at the clock sometimes, thinking about that next dose, especially when the effects have work off. That’s the beauty of the lower dosing, is you CAN redose, and it won’t cause issues.

Re: Multiple small doses > fewer large doses

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 pm
by MikeEdoessomething
I've been doing this method of dosing since I started using kratom daily 3 1/2 years ago. I use Kratom for pain relief and energy. Pain relief is the most important effect for me, and then energy is second. Any other benefits such as mood boost or relaxation or the various other things Kratom helps with are just extra bonuses for me. I have kept the same dose basically the entire time I've been using kratom. I will sometimes use 3 grams for a dose, MAYBE 4 grams if I am trying to use kratom to help me go to sleep or if my pain is much worse than usual. But like the OP mentioned, dosing throughout the day allows me to keep my pain under control. And dosing at 2 grams helps with energy, cause for me 2 grams never really gives me sedation or heavy relaxation. (I should note I am also prescribed Adderall for chronic fatigue from Mitochondria Myopathy, and I take 10mg of adderall 2-3 times a day, 5 days a week with 2 days off every week. So I mostly use greens and reds that help the most with pain relief. Plus Kratom helps the horrible comedown and mood swings adderall tends to cause. I intend to try to get off adderall altogether this year, so likely will have to adjust my kratom dosing)

I take 2 grams doses as needed. Some days I take two or three doses. Other days when my pain is bad or I am working a 12 hour double serving at The Cheesecake Factory, I take as many doses as needed for pain relief. On bad days that may mean I take 6 or 7 doses. Often when I dose more than 3 times in a day I will make some of the doses 1 gram. So it may go like this: 2 grams when I wake up, 2 grams early afternoon, 1 gram late afternoon, 2 grams around 6 or 7 pm, then a final 2-2.5 early evening a couple hours before I go to sleep. I do not get withdrawals, and often can go 8-12 hours without a dose. I don't know if its because of how I dose or how much I take or for some other reason. I just know that this method of more smaller doses has been my method since the beginning and works best for me.

I almost never take above 3-4 grams at one time. My sweet spot is 2 grams, sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less, and I hate that feeling of having to vomit so I stay away from what works. Plus for tolerance reasons I keep the majority of my doses at 2 grams or less. I would say I average 8-10 grams total per day. The staggering method of multiple small doses work for me as OP described in post, at least for effects I want. I sometimes dose to close together and get wobbles, but never too bad.

There has been some occasions when it is necessary to dose more however: For example, last time I had a kidney stone (and pain felt like a knife was slowly slicing me from kidney to bladder from the inside) I dosed 5 grams, then 1 hour later dosed another 5 grams. The result was my pain went from a 10 to a manageable 2/3. I did puke ONCE after the second 5 gram dose, but I always puke from the pain of a kidney stone so I do not know if it was too much kratom or just pain that caused me to throw up. But once I threw up, I was comfortable and able to relax. And I was able to avoid going to the ER which is where I've had to go for many of my stones (I've had about 40, its not a diet thing according to my doctors, just genetics as stones run in my family history on both parents side.) I've been able to use kratom for several kidney stones over the past 3 years, helping me enough that I did not go to the hospital. I will say the number of stones I have had since using Kratom has drastically reduced, perhaps cause I drink a TON of water now. Just another added benefit of this leaf :mrgreen: