Page 1 of 1

Kratom Tea simmer

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:24 pm
by nerdy ninja
Been making kratom tea for couple of years now and the method I use seems to work well which is low simmer in lemon juice for 20 mins then add water and simmer another 20 mins so 40 mins in total. My question is that I see a lot of people calling for only 20-25 mins total simmer. So for folks who make good teas what amount of time for simmer works best for you ? 20 mins ? 25-30 mins ? My method works well but I’m just curious if at 40 mins total I might be burning up some alkaloids

Re: Kratom Tea simmer

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:29 am
by brave777
I boiled it over an hour before and found it to be extra potent compare to simmer... how about you try that and come back to us with your findings? the best teacher is your self, not what others say. There were talks somewhere on here that is not the case that your burning alkaloids, what if they crack open and turn into a strong 7ohm? Best way to find out is try it. Try plain kratom and another time with lemon, and see if you feel any different. you might even not need lemon juice and save money if the boiling part works the same.

Re: Kratom Tea simmer

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:53 am
by fusedflora
nerdy ninja wrote:Been making kratom tea for couple of years now and the method I use seems to work well which is low simmer in lemon juice for 20 mins then add water and simmer another 20 mins so 40 mins in total. My question is that I see a lot of people calling for only 20-25 mins total simmer. So for folks who make good teas what amount of time for simmer works best for you ? 20 mins ? 25-30 mins ? My method works well but I’m just curious if at 40 mins total I might be burning up some alkaloids
30 min works best for me. the key is 170-180 degrees if you can maintain it.

Re: Kratom Tea simmer

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:31 pm
by BallzDeep9
nerdy ninja wrote:I’m just curious if at 40 mins total I might be burning up some alkaloids
Nah. Oddly enough yesterday I did make a batch of Tea - I always simmer for 40 min. I agree with Flora its better to keep temp around 180 degree. Use a digital thermometer like this $11 GDealer on Amazon - Your tea is OK at 200 degree for a few minutes.. They boil fresh leaves in Indo for hours.. IMO keeping your Tea too acidic for too long, is worse for alkaloids - I make a batch with 4+ servings, and keep in fridge for days.. You wanna raise the pH!! Lemon juice is great for extracting but, for storing in fridge you need to add baking soda & get the pH up around 5-6.. the final step! :geek:

Image