Page 1 of 1
[SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:45 pm
by e_poison
Hope everyone had a great holiday season!
Some exciting changes and overhauls are coming very soon to the Double M, which will be announced soon. You've asked for certain features and changes, and we are listening. Before our 2020 expansion though, we felt it necessary to bring another moderator on board. As the site continues to grow, more and more time is being put into modding, weeding out pesky spam, replying to PMs and emails, helping users with tech issues, planning the upcoming site expansion, etc and the to-do list keeps getting bigger.
With all this work piling up, it was time to get some additional hands on board.
Welcome to the team acejestyr15! Ace has been doing an excellent job as our discord mod helping users and just being an all-around great dude to chat with. We (herbalhippie and I) discussed it and decided to bring him on as a forum moderator as well. This marks the first new mod added to the Double M team in about 2 years.
Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?).

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:47 pm
by gumbyke1
Congrats Ace - well deserved! I cant wait to see what 2020 brings the forum!
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:50 pm
by herbalhippie
e_poison wrote:
Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?).

He's not kidding.
Welcome on, ace! Can I take a nap now.

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:15 pm
by CatfatherB
herbalhippie wrote:e_poison wrote:
Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?).

He's not kidding.
Well...let me tell ya something ACE!!!
Ace has been the heart and soul of the Double M chat room...he'd be my choice!! Congratulations my friend!!

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:21 pm
by Pete2000
e_poison wrote:Welcome to the team acejestyr15! Ace has been doing an excellent job as our discord mod helping users and just being an all-around great dude to chat with.
Awesome news!!! Ace has been so great at sharing his knowledge, welcoming new members, and creating and maintaining a positive vibe on discord. He'll be a fantastic addition to an already amazing lineup.
Congrats Ace!!!
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:25 pm
by KBull
Thanks for all you do for us guys! Congrats ace!
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:35 pm
by Scott renegade
Congratulations ace,nice knowing you when you were sane...lmfao
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 pm
by acejestyr15
First off, thank you to e_poison and herbalhippie for the vote of confidence on bringing me aboard.... It really is an honor! Next, thank you everyone for the well wishes and cosigning of the prior mentioned vote of confidence haha.
Gonna be a slight learning curve for me but I'm sure I'll get the hang of things, so just bare with me for a lil bit please. I am super excited for the upcoming changes that will be made and even more so that I get to play a larger part in it all!! I can never say enough how much I love this community and how drastically it's changed my life for the better all around.
Again... Thanks doubleM family for always being awesome!!!!
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:30 pm
by Greyfeather
Hi ace

Congratulations and all the best!
A compassionate internet stranger told me about Double M 7 months ago. This community means so much. Looking forward to watching it grow even better.
Enjoy

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:25 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
feel the aloha!
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:38 pm
by Thekid1420
Maybe a dumb question, but are u guys making money off this forum? I feel like u should be. Also there should be something set up so we can donate to this forum and the people that run it.
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:09 pm
by acejestyr15
herbalhippie wrote:e_poison wrote:
Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?).

He's not kidding.
Welcome on, ace! Can I take a nap now.

Yeah and thanks both e_p and hh for reeling me into this position and then dumping in my lap hahahaha!! Maybe a little too large a vote of confidence?!
I am sure I will learn a ton from you both and once I do I am more than happy to help with any and all tasks that I am capable of. Every relationship requires work whether romantic, friendship, familial, or any other type of regular interaction and I'm happy to be part of this family and take on some of the work along with it!!
So basically I guess I'm saying please please teach me to take on all your unwanted work!!!

Hahahaha
Realistically, still super stoked to take on the new role and not at all worried about the hard work part actually

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:46 am
by herbalhippie
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:03 am
by Somethingsacred
I’ve read plenty of ace stuff on the discord DM server ... my sense is he’s a very good person and has much to offer the community !! Congrats and thx brother man ... I appreciate you bro
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:47 am
by FireK
Congratulations Acejestyr!

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:19 pm
by fusedflora
Great to have him helping here too! Thanks so much guys for all you do.
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:39 pm
by Haid3r
All hail our new Ace overlord!

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:03 pm
by BallzDeep9
herbalhippie wrote: You know what the most stressful thing for me is? Getting rid of the
spam posts fast enough that people don't start commenting WHERE THE HELL ARE THE MODS?? ASLEEP??
haha good to know the Mods are working! Great to hear we've "doubled" the Mod Power here.

. Congrats Ace & I am confident you'll do good. Hope you enjoy "modding" as much as, we all enjoy this MM board!
I've been one to push for MORE moderation.. iirc a few weeks ago, I suggested that and E. disagreed. Then very recently, I logged in & was surprised to see a huge SPAM attack!! Facebook idiots, had started like a half dozen NEW posts "shilling" Facebook vendors... uhh no I'm not accusing anyone in particular of shilling! Just notice, that it happens fairly often... And, the difference between Spam and Shill - is what?
So, Good Job! E. or Hippie or whoever had the chore of fixing that.. Yes it goes with the territory... Every single Forum, on the Internet, gets spam and trolls and BS - As this place keeps growing in 2020, I hope more New folks, will discover MM! Keep up the good work ya'll

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 pm
by Payshince
CONGRATULATIONS Ace!
Well deserved and happy for you man.
Keep up the great work and guiding this kratom Family aka DoubleMHerbals into a happier and healthier lifestyle!

(:
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:20 am
by KBull
Looks like I found a new feature! “First unread post”. That was genius! Makes life so much easier. No longer scrolling each post til I find what I haven’t read yet. Thanks guys!
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:25 am
by herbalhippie
KBull wrote:Looks like I found a new feature! “First unread post”. That was genius! Makes life so much easier. No longer scrolling each post til I find what I haven’t read yet. Thanks guys!
View Unread Posts is probably my favorite feature here!

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:19 pm
by GrannyJ62
Congratulations
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:20 pm
by acejestyr15
herbalhippie wrote:KBull wrote:Looks like I found a new feature! “First unread post”. That was genius! Makes life so much easier. No longer scrolling each post til I find what I haven’t read yet. Thanks guys!
View Unread Posts is probably my favorite feature here!

I also have switched the thread to being arranged backwards so that newest post of each thread is at the top when I open it.....especially helpful for multi page threads it seems!
Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 pm
by acejestyr15
And again! Thanks so much every for the well wishes and warm welcoming onto the behind the scenes forum team. I am excited for this opportunity, and intend on becoming as well versed as possible in order to better help this great community. I'm always available either here or on our discord server, if you have questions or issues please feel free to gimme a shout!
