Why did Speciousa life close?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
FartBlaster
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by FartBlaster »

These guys had some of the best leaf around from what I had tried anyone know why they shutdown?
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by beathappening »

Because you touch yourself at night.

Jk, I have no idea.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by brave777 »

FartBlaster wrote:These guys had some of the best leaf around from what I had tried anyone know why they shutdown?
All the good things sometimes come to end. this is why if you like something, get it while its there. :roll:
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Someone posted, he explained all his reasons on a MeWe Chat Room, a few weeks ago?

Ya gotta spend your time hangin' in the Chat Rooms to hear all the "rumors" and stuff... ?? I know he WAS active on MeWe.. I assume because, he thought he had excellent quality to offer - And many serious buyers hang on MeWe.

Problem is: do Buyers use any objective system... Or, mostly just hype? Who tells the most jokes & snarky 1 liners there - Jody couldn't crack that wall. Also bad timing? A half dozen "new vendor" start-ups on MeWe :roll:

LOT of work, putting up a website and all - I agree, he WAS one of 2019 best vendors... Hope he comes back. :cry: Membership Only??
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Leaflover43
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by Leaflover43 »

I was really sad to see him close. I had just gotten some fantastic White Sunda and Green Landak. Plus he was super nice to do business with. But then I have to say every vendor I've tried off the list has been super awesome to deal with.
Celestial-Oceanic
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by Celestial-Oceanic »

BallzDeep9 wrote:Someone posted, he explained all his reasons on a MeWe Chat Room, a few weeks ago?

Ya gotta spend your time hangin' in the Chat Rooms to hear all the "rumors" and stuff... ?? I know he WAS active on MeWe.. I assume because, he thought he had excellent quality to offer - And many serious buyers hang on MeWe.

Problem is: do Buyers use any objective system... Or, mostly just hype? Who tells the most jokes & snarky 1 liners there - Jody couldn't crack that wall. Also bad timing? A half dozen "new vendor" start-ups on MeWe :roll:

LOT of work, putting up a website and all - I agree, he WAS one of 2019 best vendors... Hope he comes back. :cry: Membership Only??
As usual, you're on the mark.

It's hard to break through the hype. There's so many "hype men/women", ready to whore themselves by posting non stop about certain vendors for free leaf. It's everywhere, even here. There's no shortage of vendors ready to pay shill armies with kratom. If you're one of those uncomfortable with that, or that think you can let quality speak for you...you're sadly mistaken. Gumby recently rejected an offer...and he isn't even a public vendor.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by herbalhippie »

Jody is awesome and I'm really sorry to hear this. I love his website with the good pix of the strains! Hopefully he will regroup and come back.
Celtics1899
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 256
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by Celtics1899 »

I'm pretty sure he said he was closing for now because the last few shipments he got weren't up to par compared to the leaf that he normally offered. That and he didn't want to sell rainy season leaf.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by brave777 »

Celtics1899 wrote:I'm pretty sure he said he was closing for now because the last few shipments he got weren't up to par compared to the leaf that he normally offered. That and he didn't want to sell rainy season leaf.
If that's the case, that shows how transparent he is instead of getting bad name. If he does re-open with great leaf, i will buy some. I never tried them yet but vendors who do the right thing even if it means to close down are respected. They could of went all in and started making weird sells and selling out unwanted stash, and we seen this happen before. Its really bad and hard to start back up selling again if they choose too with a bad reputation. And their name is saved too, if they choose too re-open.
Kratom user since 2014!
Scott renegade
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:35 am
Location: South Florida, coral springs

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by Scott renegade »

He decided to close down due to persecution in his home state. Vendors were being fined and arrested for selling kratom, then he also got a few subpar batches he wouldn't sell...he has decided for now to work towards advocacy for kratom....at least that's what he said....
ComeBackLucy1978
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by ComeBackLucy1978 »

BallzDeep9 wrote:Someone posted, he explained all his reasons on a MeWe Chat Room, a few weeks ago?

Ya gotta spend your time hangin' in the Chat Rooms to hear all the "rumors" and stuff... ?? I know he WAS active on MeWe.. I assume because, he thought he had excellent quality to offer - And many serious buyers hang on MeWe.

Problem is: do Buyers use any objective system... Or, mostly just hype? Who tells the most jokes & snarky 1 liners there - Jody couldn't crack that wall. Also bad timing? A half dozen "new vendor" start-ups on MeWe :roll:

LOT of work, putting up a website and all - I agree, he WAS one of 2019 best vendors... Hope he comes back. :cry: Membership Only??
The Kratom “community” on mewe is absolutely pathetic. Just a bunch of grimy dope fiends that cater to one another whilst simultaneously knifing each other in the back. Pretty toxic place, ripe with toxic people trying to get a fix/make a buck.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by beathappening »

ComeBackLucy1978 wrote: The Kratom “community” on mewe is absolutely pathetic. Just a bunch of grimy dope fiends that cater to one another whilst simultaneously knifing each other in the back. Pretty toxic place, ripe with toxic people trying to get a fix/make a buck.
Interesting. Can you expand on this/give an example? I was a member briefly in 2018 and lost interest, the chat was rarely about kratom and more about posting memes and gifs, just seemed lame. But I didn't know there were junkies(?) and malicious behavior going on. it seems like there are some decent vendors that operate there, though.
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

beathappening wrote:
ComeBackLucy1978 wrote: The Kratom “community” on mewe is absolutely pathetic. Just a bunch of grimy dope fiends that cater to one another whilst simultaneously knifing each other in the back. Pretty toxic place, ripe with toxic people trying to get a fix/make a buck.
Interesting. Can you expand on this/give an example? I was a member briefly in 2018 and lost interest, the chat was rarely about kratom and more about posting memes and gifs, just seemed lame. But I didn't know there were junkies(?) and malicious behavior going on. it seems like there are some decent vendors that operate there, though.
I'm with you beat, I tried it when it was first started but it didn't really click with me.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Why did Speciousa life close?

Post by e_poison »

ComeBackLucy1978 wrote:The Kratom “community” on mewe is absolutely pathetic. Just a bunch of grimy dope fiends that cater to one another whilst simultaneously knifing each other in the back. Pretty toxic place, ripe with toxic people trying to get a fix/make a buck.
I agree 100%.

There are a lot of good people there and I have nothing against the mewe platform itself, but unfortunately every kratom group there is eventually ruined by a certain clique. They snake their way into every group, chase the decent people out, and then ultimately end up ruining every group they join. Every group there eventually became the same people posting dumb memes and gifs all day, making fun of new users for asking innocent questions, and just being totally unbearable in general. There were a few dozen groups at the time of my departure, but every single one was literally the same group of people.

They switch loyalties on a dime. Harassing certain vendors one day, and then the very next day they are promoting them all over the place and even reselling for them. People are group trolls one day, and the very next they are somehow admin of the same group. It’s like high school drama all over again, and I’ve been out of high school for decades.

It’s why I deleted our group there and don’t want to be associated with it anymore. I also don’t recommend mewe groups to anyone.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
Post Reply