Traveling to the Caribbean

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Lisac1818
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Traveling to the Caribbean

Post by Lisac1818 »

Hi everyone! Quick question regarding traveling with kratom. I’m traveling to Aruba in a few weeks and plan on bringing 250g. Anyone travel to Aruba and have any issues? Is it legal there?

Also, what’s the best way go travel with it? Carryon or check it in my bags? I’m so afraid of it being confiscated ☹️I absolutely cannot go without, especially for 20 days.
User avatar
Inland Botanicals
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm
Location: Post Falls, Idaho
Contact:

Re: Traveling to the Caribbean

Post by Inland Botanicals »

Last I read it is legal there but hopefully someone whose been there more recently can chime in.

In regards to your second question, I always bring it in my carry on and have never had an issue. I take some 50g bags and tons of 10g sample sizes. I'd say 95% of the time TSA goes through my carry on because I bring a powdered hydrate product in a canister and I guess the powder and canister size alerts them. It's always in the same section as the Kratom and they've never asked me about the kratom. I always feel better about it too when I keep it in the original packaging and not a plastic zip lock or anything like that.

On a side note, Aruba for 20 days?! :shock: Hope you have an awesome time!
Gina
Co-Owner of
Inland Botanicals LLC
855-758-8251

https://inlandbotanicals.com/
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Traveling to the Caribbean

Post by fusedflora »

I've never been to Aruba, enjoy!

However, I've not had problems with kratom in other spots in the Caribbean. Caps always go over better than powder, like Inland, I've been inspected more times than i can count flying everywhere in the US/international, but haven't ever had problems with caps. Not that I try to hide anything, but I keep them in nature's made containers.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Traveling to the Caribbean

Post by Greyfeather »

Inland Botanicals wrote:Last I read it is legal there but hopefully someone whose been there more recently can chime in.

In regards to your second question, I always bring it in my carry on and have never had an issue. I take some 50g bags and tons of 10g sample sizes. I'd say 95% of the time TSA goes through my carry on because I bring a powdered hydrate product in a canister and I guess the powder and canister size alerts them. It's always in the same section as the Kratom and they've never asked me about the kratom. I always feel better about it too when I keep it in the original packaging and not a plastic zip lock or anything like that.

On a side note, Aruba for 20 days?! :shock: Hope you have an awesome time!
I would SO like to know exactly how often TSA actually FIND anything in luggage that poses a danger to others - intentional danger. My last trip I put one of those canisters of Hershey's cocoa powder in a suitcase; it was kind of a last-minute whim. There were some other food items. Everything was opened. The cocoa canister was left open and everything was covered with the powder. Very little of it washed out and the suitcase was completely ruined. I mean the seal had not even been broken. "Wtf did they think I was up to?" I keep asking myself. I didn't even bother complaining:/
Post Reply