Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
I just had some interesting idea, I know there is a lot of new kratom users here who are not long term users and i remember when i first started using kratom, everything felt same or similar but then i realized their is slow, fast, energetic, sedative and different spectrum of alkaloids. Sometimes when we are new, people need help describing the feel and effects of it especially if its samples.
Reason where i got this idea. one of the questions for TFH is "Please list any traits or standout characteristics of this batch: "
Is there a way there can be created a cloud of words by us all, where everything that applies describing kratom effects. Like i was struggling to pick words, since one of the samples worked but it was a 5/10 for me, just ok. There was not a lot word choice to write down, my choice was "mild relaxing" . I think if its possible to modify or add one of the questions like " Pick words that resemble sample best" and then have a pool of cloud words you can click and auto add to the list (just idea for TFH). This was just example.
We can reference this POST to pick out words that best describe your new burn, be it a samples or new products.
We can write some idea's here in this post, words describing all best possible effects known about kratom. That way when someone struggles with words, they can check a cloud of words that describes their burn best! This will help reviewing all samples in general more easier instead of thinking how to describe it.
Here is some common words that people use,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow, mid, fast
sedative - energetic
clean, happy, euphoric, balanced
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets even find out if we are on a same page.
Try to write down what each word means describing it in one sentence.
Any confusion you had when you saw someone describing effects of a sample or product.
Reason where i got this idea. one of the questions for TFH is "Please list any traits or standout characteristics of this batch: "
Is there a way there can be created a cloud of words by us all, where everything that applies describing kratom effects. Like i was struggling to pick words, since one of the samples worked but it was a 5/10 for me, just ok. There was not a lot word choice to write down, my choice was "mild relaxing" . I think if its possible to modify or add one of the questions like " Pick words that resemble sample best" and then have a pool of cloud words you can click and auto add to the list (just idea for TFH). This was just example.
We can reference this POST to pick out words that best describe your new burn, be it a samples or new products.
We can write some idea's here in this post, words describing all best possible effects known about kratom. That way when someone struggles with words, they can check a cloud of words that describes their burn best! This will help reviewing all samples in general more easier instead of thinking how to describe it.
Here is some common words that people use,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow, mid, fast
sedative - energetic
clean, happy, euphoric, balanced
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets even find out if we are on a same page.
Try to write down what each word means describing it in one sentence.
Any confusion you had when you saw someone describing effects of a sample or product.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
An interesting idea, indeed; also very generous. I'm the kind of newbie you are describing, and it's nice to know that people want to help out. I guess kratom does have a 'culture' where you can feel like you don't fit in if you don't speak its language. I feel like that every time I write a post or try to fill out a survey.
I really find it hard to describe kratom's qualities, the effects it has, etc. - and for exactly the reasons you mention. It's still so new for some of us that we haven't learned the subtleties, the distinctive 'markers' that make one strain different than another. A lot of us are looking for a desired 'effect' and when we get it we are pleased; when we don't, we are puzzled. We have lots of questions. And - like weed culture (which I know little about) - there can be an overwhelming feeling of 'uncoolness' and thoughts like "I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't find the words."
I see kratom users write amazing descriptions with the language of a wine or food connoisseur, and I understand exactly what they mean. It's a pleasure to read them no matter if it is "This is awesome" or "Hard Pass." But writing good descriptions doesn't just happen with an online thesaurus. They happen when the writer is clearly in touch with the subject matter, feeling that "burn" with all of the senses and knowing just what to compare it to. I'm still trying to figure out why exactly we use the word "burn," lol
I can only speak for myself, but a lot of my ignorance comes from just plain old impatience. Just like being too hungry to really enjoy the meal, I want to solve my hunger problem right away. And there's this sense that we have to learn a lot of things before we can really enjoy. If it sounds like there's some fear and anxiety going on here, that's true. After only 7 months with kratom I haven't learned how to use it for anxiety yet.
Sorry, this was a long post. You reached out in a spirit of inclusiveness. I'm really moved by this because most forums aren't this welcoming - and tolerant. I feel a little less awkward because of it. Thanks brave. You really are
I really find it hard to describe kratom's qualities, the effects it has, etc. - and for exactly the reasons you mention. It's still so new for some of us that we haven't learned the subtleties, the distinctive 'markers' that make one strain different than another. A lot of us are looking for a desired 'effect' and when we get it we are pleased; when we don't, we are puzzled. We have lots of questions. And - like weed culture (which I know little about) - there can be an overwhelming feeling of 'uncoolness' and thoughts like "I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't find the words."
I see kratom users write amazing descriptions with the language of a wine or food connoisseur, and I understand exactly what they mean. It's a pleasure to read them no matter if it is "This is awesome" or "Hard Pass." But writing good descriptions doesn't just happen with an online thesaurus. They happen when the writer is clearly in touch with the subject matter, feeling that "burn" with all of the senses and knowing just what to compare it to. I'm still trying to figure out why exactly we use the word "burn," lol
I can only speak for myself, but a lot of my ignorance comes from just plain old impatience. Just like being too hungry to really enjoy the meal, I want to solve my hunger problem right away. And there's this sense that we have to learn a lot of things before we can really enjoy. If it sounds like there's some fear and anxiety going on here, that's true. After only 7 months with kratom I haven't learned how to use it for anxiety yet.
Sorry, this was a long post. You reached out in a spirit of inclusiveness. I'm really moved by this because most forums aren't this welcoming - and tolerant. I feel a little less awkward because of it. Thanks brave. You really are
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
The term "burn" goes back to ye olden days of bluelight and other old drug forums where it was against the rules to discuss the actual ingestion of the drug. Since you couldn't take "I ate 3 grams of kratom" they instead used "I burned 3 grams" (a la incense) as a way to sidestep the rule. Funnily enough it has led to some newbs actually thinking they can literally burn/smoke kratom. It's kinda the same thing as "SWIM" (someone who isn't me). Even though it's archaic and obsolete and not needed anymore, it still kinda just carried over.
That's the gist, someone else might be able to explain it better.
That's the gist, someone else might be able to explain it better.
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
Very good topic. Kratom vocabulary is definitely learned over time and even then the use of the terms can vary. For example, saying a strain is fast generally means the speed is fast now a days. Years back, it was common to call a strain fast when it had a fast onset.
One of my favorite terms is "heady". Some Kratom seems to provide a heavy head feeling, while others are fairly smooth.
Another term is "heavy". Commonly used for potent and somewhat sweating. Though it is used in other contexts as well.
Another topic with confusion is the difference between spec and speed.
Fire, gas are others terms. Excellent topic
One of my favorite terms is "heady". Some Kratom seems to provide a heavy head feeling, while others are fairly smooth.
Another term is "heavy". Commonly used for potent and somewhat sweating. Though it is used in other contexts as well.
Another topic with confusion is the difference between spec and speed.
Fire, gas are others terms. Excellent topic
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
Beathappening has a great explanation of the BURN terminology.... And I have to say for as inexperienced as you say you are and anxious/nervous or what have you.... This was a well thought out and stated comment for this thread Greyfeather, so thanks for being here!!! You will get the hang of it all soon enough I promise. Just keep reading, keep interest, and make some friends here in the Kratom community and it will all fall into place as it did with the rest of us I'm sure. Please k ow that you are welcome, we're happy to have you, and if you have questions or concerns can also feel free to shoot me a PM either here on forum or even on discord as well. Hope to read more from you, and see how your comfort falls into place.... ENJOY!Greyfeather wrote:An interesting idea, indeed; also very generous. I'm the kind of newbie you are describing, and it's nice to know that people want to help out. I guess kratom does have a 'culture' where you can feel like you don't fit in if you don't speak its language. I feel like that every time I write a post or try to fill out a survey.
I really find it hard to describe kratom's qualities, the effects it has, etc. - and for exactly the reasons you mention. It's still so new for some of us that we haven't learned the subtleties, the distinctive 'markers' that make one strain different than another. A lot of us are looking for a desired 'effect' and when we get it we are pleased; when we don't, we are puzzled. We have lots of questions. And - like weed culture (which I know little about) - there can be an overwhelming feeling of 'uncoolness' and thoughts like "I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't find the words."
I see kratom users write amazing descriptions with the language of a wine or food connoisseur, and I understand exactly what they mean. It's a pleasure to read them no matter if it is "This is awesome" or "Hard Pass." But writing good descriptions doesn't just happen with an online thesaurus. They happen when the writer is clearly in touch with the subject matter, feeling that "burn" with all of the senses and knowing just what to compare it to. I'm still trying to figure out why exactly we use the word "burn," lol
I can only speak for myself, but a lot of my ignorance comes from just plain old impatience. Just like being too hungry to really enjoy the meal, I want to solve my hunger problem right away. And there's this sense that we have to learn a lot of things before we can really enjoy. If it sounds like there's some fear and anxiety going on here, that's true. After only 7 months with kratom I haven't learned how to use it for anxiety yet.
Sorry, this was a long post. You reached out in a spirit of inclusiveness. I'm really moved by this because most forums aren't this welcoming - and tolerant. I feel a little less awkward because of it. Thanks brave. You really are
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
Aha!! Oh, you have explained it perfectlybeathappening wrote:The term "burn" goes back to ye olden days of bluelight and other old drug forums where it was against the rules to discuss the actual ingestion of the drug. Since you couldn't take "I ate 3 grams of kratom" they instead used "I burned 3 grams" (a la incense) as a way to sidestep the rule. Funnily enough it has led to some newbs actually thinking they can literally burn/smoke kratom. It's kinda the same thing as "SWIM" (someone who isn't me). Even though it's archaic and obsolete and not needed anymore, it still kinda just carried over.
That's the gist, someone else might be able to explain it better.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
Beathappening has a great explanation of the BURN terminology.... And I have to say for as inexperienced as you say you are and anxious/nervous or what have you.... This was a well thought out and stated comment for this thread Greyfeather, so thanks for being here!!! You will get the hang of it all soon enough I promise. Just keep reading, keep interest, and make some friends here in the Kratom community and it will all fall into place as it did with the rest of us I'm sure. Please k ow that you are welcome, we're happy to have you, and if you have questions or concerns can also feel free to shoot me a PM either here on forum or even on discord as well. Hope to read more from you, and see how your comfort falls into place.... ENJOY!
So kind. Thank you ace
I didn't mean to make this about me. In fact I just Googled "Word Cloud" because I finally put the two words together and discovered that I don't know what it is. I think that brave's idea is really fascinating, although I don't know how it all really works. I'm up for anything that helps a kratom-friend. I have never been cool in any kind of way, but some kind of pain (so many kinds: it's what this world demands) brings everyone here to find some comfort, some peace......
Words and language? They really can't ever do the job. They just aren't as enormous as we are
So kind. Thank you ace
I didn't mean to make this about me. In fact I just Googled "Word Cloud" because I finally put the two words together and discovered that I don't know what it is. I think that brave's idea is really fascinating, although I don't know how it all really works. I'm up for anything that helps a kratom-friend. I have never been cool in any kind of way, but some kind of pain (so many kinds: it's what this world demands) brings everyone here to find some comfort, some peace......
Words and language? They really can't ever do the job. They just aren't as enormous as we are
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
Over on Reddit, they don't allow the word "buzz" to describe kratom.. which is silly, 'cuz that's a very common description. Effects are a buzz!! I never get a burning feeling of any kind lolEzriderx2x wrote:For example, saying a strain is fast generally means the speed is fast now a days. Years back, it was common to call a strain fast when it had a fast onset.
One of my favorite terms is "heady". Some Kratom seems to provide a heavy head feeling, while others are fairly smooth.
I do like heady.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
Man I love this place
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
I think you just had "the last word," Granny.GrannyJ62 wrote:Man I love this place
Kudos
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
I really like strains (usually whites) that help me focus and keep my thoughts clear, or even better, brighten and sharpen them up a bit. I've yet to find one word to describe that cognitive effect. Clarity? Alertness? Focus? Sharpness? It's so hard to describe! It's like a prescription lens but instead of bringing vision into focus, it brings thoughts into focus. The effect is often very subtle.
Another concept is that of lightness or airiness - again, really hard to describe. It's like existence just seems less heavy and brighter somehow. Again, it can be subtle.
Anyway, I keep thinking the perfect words are out there, but I've yet to figure them out!
Another concept is that of lightness or airiness - again, really hard to describe. It's like existence just seems less heavy and brighter somehow. Again, it can be subtle.
Anyway, I keep thinking the perfect words are out there, but I've yet to figure them out!
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Best Cloud Words to Describe Kratom!
The three old words of kratom. Incense, burn and aroma.
Incense=kratom
Burn=dosing
Aroma=effects
Aroma is interesting because the meaning has changed over the years. Now it mostly means the smell of kratom.
Incense=kratom
Burn=dosing
Aroma=effects
Aroma is interesting because the meaning has changed over the years. Now it mostly means the smell of kratom.