'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
- creatus
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm
'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
One of the most regular issues I run into is taking too much of a particular strain (easy to do if it's new and potent). The side effects of this can range from the wobbles to a speedy type of anxiety. I've found agmatine helps if I have these issues but also negates the kratom buzz. Taking sleepy/restful strains can also help with this and bring back a good burn to full glory. I have found there are a few particular strains I keep running to for this and I was wondering if there were any good recommendations out there be it remedies or recommended strains.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
Yes, I take Bents when the good green stuff starts looking it's magic, a couple of days on the brown stuff kinda renews the magic.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
As a relative newbie (7 months), I dealt with this a lot at first - but always reds. I'd wind up so suddenly sedated I'd be unable to get off my computer chair after the dose set in.
Which is why I now take a gram of something new. Wait a half hour/45 minutes before I take anymore. And yes, I had a Green 'done too much' too. So I'm very careful with those. I think I took a lorazepam to deal with it (which felt like a cop-out). After reading your post, I wish I had just taken a red!
I have yet to experience a wobbly, but, having read about them, ya'll got me terrified
No. Really.
Back to your question; I'm finding bents VERY 'hit or miss' but a good Red Bali, Red Thai, Red Malay, Red Borneo usually put me right when I start to feel over-stimulated.
Which is why I now take a gram of something new. Wait a half hour/45 minutes before I take anymore. And yes, I had a Green 'done too much' too. So I'm very careful with those. I think I took a lorazepam to deal with it (which felt like a cop-out). After reading your post, I wish I had just taken a red!
I have yet to experience a wobbly, but, having read about them, ya'll got me terrified
No. Really.
Back to your question; I'm finding bents VERY 'hit or miss' but a good Red Bali, Red Thai, Red Malay, Red Borneo usually put me right when I start to feel over-stimulated.
-
BurntEnds
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 241
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
A tiny dose of Agmatine, like somewhere between 30-100mg usually on the lower end, will usually help without totally killing the good effects for me. Plus that small dose actually seems to improve the pain relief aspect in general, for me at least. Or alternatively a small dose of Stem and Vein 0.5-1gram does a somewhat similar thing of stopping the wobbles.
-
Kirkland
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
I second this. Bents seem to remove the wobbles for me too. Also, eating burnt toast seems to work really well too for whatever reason.CatfatherB wrote:Yes, I take Bents when the good green stuff starts looking it's magic, a couple of days on the brown stuff kinda renews the magic.
- creatus
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
I've read this. I have activated charcoal I'll try if I get wobbly again. I tend to veer from greens for this reason. No access to bents but cbd extracts and magtein does wellKirkland wrote:I second this. Also, eating burnt toast seems to work really well too for whatever reason.CatfatherB wrote:Yes, I take Bents.
- AppalachianHerbs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
I find that water is super super helpful. And then I try to get some light food on my stomach if I can. Applesauce or something like that usually works perfect for me.
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
I have to eat and drink a truck ton in order to relieve the wobbles. It helps if I have a klonopin handy, but drinking and eating is a necessity.
I don't know if Vents cure the wobbles, but KoG's 'Chocolate' is instant sunshine.
I don't know if Vents cure the wobbles, but KoG's 'Chocolate' is instant sunshine.
The Red Queen
-
Klankalot
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:25 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
A couple of raps in the head with a rubber mallet can bring you back home too. Five pounder is about right. Saw it in a Roadrunner cartoon and it really works.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
creatus wrote:I've read this. I have activated charcoal I'll try if I get wobbly again. I tend to veer from greens for this reason. No access to bents but cbd extracts and magtein does wellKirkland wrote:I second this. Also, eating burnt toast seems to work really well too for whatever reason.CatfatherB wrote:Yes, I take Bents.
Burnt toast ENDS the wobbles....the second you start feeling them, pop a couple piece of two in the toaster and burn it black.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
I haven't got the wobbles in a long time, not sure why. When I do get them the best thing is to eat something light and then lay down for an hour or so, til they go away. And then wait at least 6-8 hours before taking anymore, and even then don't take much. It seems like the alkaloids that cause the wobbles take longer to metabolise than the ones that have positive effects
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
beathappening wrote:I haven't got the wobbles in a long time, not sure why. When I do get them the best thing is to eat something light and then lay down for an hour or so, til they go away. And then wait at least 6-8 hours before taking anymore, and even then don't take much. It seems like the alkaloids that cause the wobbles take longer to metabolise than the ones that have positive effects
This is true...I always wait till the next day, more time the better after wobbles to dose again.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
I just want and/or drink lots and lots of water, same with headaches.
-
Somethingsacred
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
In the past .. food and water def helps !!same for me !!AppalachianHerbs wrote:I find that water is super super helpful. And then I try to get some light food on my stomach if I can. Applesauce or something like that usually works perfect for me.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
AppalachianHerbs wrote:I find that water is super super helpful. And then I try to get some light food on my stomach if I can. Applesauce or something like that usually works perfect for me.
The reason why apple sauce works best is because its spreads kratom evenly in stomach, same thing apply to raw milk, since its more buttery, it floats evenly when you shake it and drink, same thing goes for chocolate milk.
The opposite of it would be
Soda's, # 1 enemy if mixed with kratom. its clumps up kratom into a ball and to much for youe kidneys to proccess especially if ther is no foods in stomach and barley any water or no water. biggest mitake people make. Stop all soda's besides its not good for health. and avoid anything similar stuff like soda.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
Just curious, do you have a source for this? I've never heard of this before.brave777 wrote: The reason why apple sauce works best is because its spreads kratom evenly in stomach
Soda's, # 1 enemy if mixed with kratom. its clumps up kratom into a ball
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
From my personal experience just feeling better in general? Intuition>? listening to your heart what works best? i guess that is a source if you want to call it that. Thats the words i said, so am the source. what other source you looking for?beathappening wrote:Just curious, do you have a source for this? I've never heard of this before.brave777 wrote: The reason why apple sauce works best is because its spreads kratom evenly in stomach
Soda's, # 1 enemy if mixed with kratom. its clumps up kratom into a ball
I felt burns very smooth, when i first started doing kratom, i blended it in chocolate milk and felt great all the time. I did try applesauce and felt great as-well, then i landed on raw milk, it has the most perfect suspense it does for kratom when you mix it and shake it or when you drink it and it is suspended evenly in stomach as well, i tried store milk and is not the same, it has to have buttery consistency for it to work. I mean anything that has that or you can think of will works. Chocolate milk is amazing if no one tried that yet i highly advice you do so. dont have to thank me. just spread the word.
I know like 2 people who drink only soda and when they were starting out they were cramping up... and no they didnt listen to drink water when i advised. their own fault. one of them cause of bad mix thinks kratom is poison. Another person fixed the drinking soda habit and she enjoys kratom burns now. always advice choclete milk start for new people if they want to go try it be it for pain or what ever reason they going for.
Last edited by brave777 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
A medical source. If it's just your experience, that's fine. But I don't understand why applesauce would spread the contents of your stomach out and why soda would clump it up. The stomach is already full of acids to break food down. Like I said I've never heard of that before, I was just wondering if there was something about that I could read up about.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
Oh ok, i mean i dont know if their is a source, there might be, thats just what worked for me very well. Why break something that works great? you know what i mean? Well the whole reason why people drink an extra cup of water is because, lets say for example, you take 6 grams of kratom, and only have like bare minimum few sips of water to wash your mouth and throat from kratom. your bound to have a nice clump somewhere in the stomach. no one knows how much acid we have, could be kratom over power it, who knows.beathappening wrote:A medical source. If it's just your experience, that's fine. But I don't understand why applesauce would spread the contents of your stomach out and why soda would clump it up. The stomach is already full of acids to break food down. Like I said I've never heard of that before, I was just wondering if there was something about that I could read up about.
Edit: pills is the worst enemy if you already have bad kidney or liver. best do chocolate mix. I seen bad things happen people trying out pills, worst clumps ever. especially if they dont believe in water and only drink soda.
Last edited by brave777 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kratom user since 2014!
- creatus
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
Interesting! First time I've heard this but I think there's something to it. There seems to be a consensus agreement that the overall kratom experience is hugely influenced by what's going on in the stomach / digestive track / food & water. I can confirm that the worst experiences had on kratom were largely due to dehydration or empty stomach.brave777 wrote:Soda's, # 1 enemy if mixed with kratom. its clumps up kratom into a ball...
Actually one of the most useful medicinal qualities of kratom is how it helps me in my lifelong digestive issues connected to anxiety (CPTSD). I used to think throughout my youth I always had stomach issues and was getting sick all the time; Turns out the whole thing was anxiety driven.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
Huh?brave777 wrote:no one knows how much acid we have
This is something that you can easily find out.
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003883.htm
A typical adult human stomach will secrete about 1.5 liters of gastric acid daily.
Anyway, I've always found kratom works best on an empty stomach.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
Works best at low dose, and wont last long effect wise. Light food + plus few extra grams worked out better if want it to last longer. how long your burns last?beathappening wrote:Huh?brave777 wrote:no one knows how much acid we have
This is something that you can easily find out.
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003883.htm
A typical adult human stomach will secrete about 1.5 liters of gastric acid daily.
Anyway, I've always found kratom works best on an empty stomach.
I noticed when you first wake up on empty stomach works best but if you dont eat and somehow barley over take , you will feel sick and more out of shape then compared to if you snack on something light. Light food worked best for me. I don't have to eat a lot when you dose, for example: 1 cooked egg is enough, you can eat a meal after 1 hour when everything kicks in full swing. Light meal, its like an insurance, especially with new strains you truing out. some could be more potent.
Last edited by brave777 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
The entire duration is about 5 hours, including onset, peak, comedown, after effects. The peak usually lasts around 2 hours. I've done plenty of experimenting with taking kratom with food. No positive results for me. It always significantly delays the onset and decreases overall effects. I wait at least three hours after I eat to dose, anything less than that feels like a waste.
- creatus
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm
Re: 'Too Much Kratom' Remedies
I dose on an empty stomach too. Yes it kicks in faster. And once it kicks in I eat. If I stay on a empty stomach the burn never kicks in full gear, only partially, or I feel loopy.
Kratom really forced me to look at my body / health / diet. I've found unlike other opiates it does not numb or distort my bodies sense of being healthy and centered but rather increases my awareness of what I need to "keep the burn going strong"... which is low doses with cycling, good food , supplements like magnesium and agmatine and tons of water. The only minor negative side effect kratom gives me is dry mouth.
This will be different per each unique body. Food essentially defines my mood and nervous system's state in a big way, so it makes sense.
Kratom really forced me to look at my body / health / diet. I've found unlike other opiates it does not numb or distort my bodies sense of being healthy and centered but rather increases my awareness of what I need to "keep the burn going strong"... which is low doses with cycling, good food , supplements like magnesium and agmatine and tons of water. The only minor negative side effect kratom gives me is dry mouth.
This will be different per each unique body. Food essentially defines my mood and nervous system's state in a big way, so it makes sense.