Page 1 of 1

Tension headaches

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:15 am
by FartBlaster
Does anyone find relief from tension headaches with Kratom?

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:07 am
by e_poison
Headaches... not so much. I still find regular otc meds work best for those. Everyone is different, of course, but for me whenever I have a really bad headache, kratom doesn’t really ease it. Caffeine is surprisingly effective at relieving headaches, which is why it’s crammed into most otc headache meds.

I find kratom is best for body aches and pains. Sore muscles/joints, chronic pain, etc.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:37 am
by herbalhippie
Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:01 pm
by acejestyr15
herbalhippie wrote:Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.
Ever notice that it's a certain type of strain/burn that does it?! I've started noticing that every time it tends to happen it's either from slightly to heavy a dose and or usually an edgy white which also makes me bit irritable sometimes!

I know you don't have many whites but ....

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:44 pm
by herbalhippie
acejestyr15 wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.
Ever notice that it's a certain type of strain/burn that does it?! I've started noticing that every time it tends to happen it's either from slightly to heavy a dose and or usually an edgy white which also makes me bit irritable sometimes!

I know you don't have many whites but ....
It's reds that do it to me. When I started doing mostly reds this year I got headaches every time. And then it stopped eventually.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:29 pm
by ontbijtkoek
sometimes with green pmd i get headaches, other times not.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:11 pm
by brave777
ontbijtkoek wrote:sometimes with green pmd i get headaches, other times not.
Try do less, i use to get that but i noticed some strains there is no way you can take regular dose, some no matter what has to be taken less. Another way if that happens never thing to rake more will make it better, in my case it will be only worse. I rather give least 12 hours or 24 hours and it will be nice clean burn after that... discipline is very important. If want that kick, instead of keatom try guayusa tea.. it will mellow out heady weird feelings and give more slight clarity. try sometimes

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:26 pm
by herbalhippie
I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:28 pm
by My4girlsand1boy
herbalhippie wrote:I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.
Good to know! When I do get the Kratom headaches, I feel, no matter how much water I drink, the headache doesn’t go away sometimes. I’m going to try Gatorade when this does happen again. I notice that when I do get the Kratom headaches is usually around my 3rd dose towards the evening. I have never gotten the headaches when I dose in the morning or afternoon.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:24 pm
by herbalhippie
My4girlsand1boy wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.
Good to know! When I do get the Kratom headaches, I feel, no matter how much water I drink, the headache doesn’t go away sometimes. I’m going to try Gatorade when this does happen again. I notice that when I do get the Kratom headaches is usually around my 3rd dose towards the evening. I have never gotten the headaches when I dose in the morning or afternoon.

It's definitely an electrolyte imbalance! I couldn't believe Gatorade made those horrible headaches go away. The only other thing that works is a migraine med I have. Now I keep Gatorade in the fridge at all times.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:32 pm
by My4girlsand1boy
herbalhippie wrote:
My4girlsand1boy wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.
Good to know! When I do get the Kratom headaches, I feel, no matter how much water I drink, the headache doesn’t go away sometimes. I’m going to try Gatorade when this does happen again. I notice that when I do get the Kratom headaches is usually around my 3rd dose towards the evening. I have never gotten the headaches when I dose in the morning or afternoon.

It's definitely an electrolyte imbalance! I couldn't believe Gatorade made those horrible headaches go away. The only other thing that works is a migraine med I have. Now I keep Gatorade in the fridge at all times.

Thank you so much herbalhippie! I’m going to try Gatorade when I feel the headaches. I will let you know how it works for me. :D :)

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:09 pm
by FartBlaster
Ok I don't get headaches from kratom lol I get stress headaches and kratom makes me not give a F that I have them but doesn't cure them. I've heard drinking more water would prevent headaches brought on by taking it.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:45 pm
by beathappening
Gatorade is such a scam. Overpriced sugar water. Just as much sugar/calories as a soda

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:55 pm
by My4girlsand1boy
That’s ok, I don’t drink soda or any sweet drinks at all. I only drink water and maybe a cup or half a cup of coffee in the morning. So if I add Gatorade just a little and see if it helps the headaches, it’s worth a try. I don’t get the headaches that often, but when I do get the Kratom headaches, I will try the Gatorade and see if it works :)

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:35 pm
by herbalhippie
My4girlsand1boy wrote:That’s ok, I don’t drink soda or any sweet drinks at all. I only drink water and maybe a cup or half a cup of coffee in the morning. So if I add Gatorade just a little and see if it helps the headaches, it’s worth a try. I don’t get the headaches that often, but when I do get the Kratom headaches, I will try the Gatorade and see if it works :)
Yes, please come back and let us know if it works for you too!

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:45 pm
by acejestyr15
I typically will just eat and or drink a real lot of water

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:54 pm
by brave777
acejestyr15 wrote:I typically will just eat and or drink a real lot of water
Very short and to the point but always helped.. sometimes people dont have enough water and forget about it, then they run into wobbles. and sometimes they take too much with zero food in stomach. Its good to be in caution how much water you have currently and food before you decide your dose. like if stomach empty, i always do smaller dose and it works perfectly, but if i want more slight slow, relax somewhat mild sedating, i eat food and take slow reds, same can go with fast green, make sure you eat and drink when you take slightly more then usual. Or if you dose and realized you rook a lot more then usual, eat right away and drink some more water. This always worked for me and never had issues. unless i forget i took a dose and double it, then yes wobbles to come. that happened only twice. let it ride and take it next day.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:15 am
by Ezriderx2x
herbalhippie wrote:Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.
Same here. If I have a real "heady" strain on a day where I have detailed work to do, I get a headache. I also have found that I start getting headaches and/or fogginess from most strains after higher doses or long time use without break. OTC meds still are better for headaches for me unfortunately

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:00 pm
by mitragiriffic
I get crazy cluster headaches sometimes and kratom doesnt even make a dent in it. I can feel the kratom "come on" in the background, but it doesnt effect the pain of the headache.

Re: Tension headaches

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:59 pm
by Inland Botanicals
I get tension headaches and the ONLY thing that works is getting a massage focusing on the neck and shoulders. I do know some folks that say it does help, but I've never experienced relief with that specific type of headache :cry: