Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
I’ve seen really great reviews all over about both Herbal RVA and Kratom OG. Does anyone have experience with either of these guys? I don’t mind paying a little extra for super high quality but the price different between these two guys is pretty huge. 100g for $9.75 compared to 100g for $18. That’s a big difference. Any feedback would be appreciated.
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
If it's price, I would refer you to Lucky's Herbals. 100 grams for 9 bucks for high quality leaf.
- KBull
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Never had herbal rva. But will say kog is great leaf. Especially if your lookin for greens or some whites. Never even tried their reds, but have had other great standout strains
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Thanks RumRunner!
Lucky has a very similar price structure as Herbal RVA. Nearly the same prices. I do have Lucky on my list of vendors to try. Do you know if they have a sample pack where I could try 8-10 strains for around $35? What are their best sellers or your preferred strains from them? I may just place a small order with both of them and see how that goes.
Lucky has a very similar price structure as Herbal RVA. Nearly the same prices. I do have Lucky on my list of vendors to try. Do you know if they have a sample pack where I could try 8-10 strains for around $35? What are their best sellers or your preferred strains from them? I may just place a small order with both of them and see how that goes.
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Thanks for the reply KBull
Do you know if KOG offers any sample packs? I think I only saw maybe 10 strains on their site. But they are rather expensive. Do you have another vendor your familiar with that would compare to KOG? I have sampled several dozen vendors since last fall. So I may be familiar with a vendor that you feel is on par with KOG. Maybe I should just grab 100g of something and test drive it. But at $18 for 100g, that’s pretty steep. I also noticed that KOG has some odd strain names. I assume they are just the names of the regions they’re harvested. But I’m not sure. Would you happen to have a link with a description of their strains?
Do you know if KOG offers any sample packs? I think I only saw maybe 10 strains on their site. But they are rather expensive. Do you have another vendor your familiar with that would compare to KOG? I have sampled several dozen vendors since last fall. So I may be familiar with a vendor that you feel is on par with KOG. Maybe I should just grab 100g of something and test drive it. But at $18 for 100g, that’s pretty steep. I also noticed that KOG has some odd strain names. I assume they are just the names of the regions they’re harvested. But I’m not sure. Would you happen to have a link with a description of their strains?
-
FireK
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 833
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Luckys is great, sosa has a 9 ounce sampler for $35 shipped, spirit science you could get 250g split any way for $24 shipped or 500g for $43 shipped
kratom-og.com is their website
kratom-og.com is their website
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
KOG doesn't do sample packs anymore, due to the high volume of product and number of orders they deal with. They have a ton of strains on their site, you might have to scroll down further on their main page, but to order from them you have to email. I think they have some reviews of specific strains on the site too, other than that it's kind of a guessing game. You can always ask them or us for advice on what's good. They're a sort of connoisseur kratom vendor, many of their strains are hard to find and the quality is said to be significantly higher than that of RVA. The main thing that turns me off from ordering from KOG is that they say it takes 2-7 days to get orders out, that's always made me hesitant. But I think nearly every vendor is worth trying once. Other people here have way more experience than me with this vendor though.
RVA is a good beginner's vendor, it's about as cheap as it gets, easy to order/pay, decent selection (most get the 4way split kilo for $70), next day shipping, etc. No sample packs either, but it's so cheap that $10 for 100g is basically a sample. If you're new to kratom you'll find the leaf great and I recommend you start here, though compared to other vendors popular on this site, they're just average.
If you really want a sample pack, Sosa is a great choice as already stated. Liza's and Sacred Son are also very good, and have two different sizes of samplers between $18 and $35.
RVA is a good beginner's vendor, it's about as cheap as it gets, easy to order/pay, decent selection (most get the 4way split kilo for $70), next day shipping, etc. No sample packs either, but it's so cheap that $10 for 100g is basically a sample. If you're new to kratom you'll find the leaf great and I recommend you start here, though compared to other vendors popular on this site, they're just average.
If you really want a sample pack, Sosa is a great choice as already stated. Liza's and Sacred Son are also very good, and have two different sizes of samplers between $18 and $35.
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Thanks FireK
Are you saying Spirit Science is Kratom-OG? Because I went to the Kratom OG website that you indicated and didn’t see anything that said Spirit Science. Or is Spirit Science someone completely different?
I have tried SOSA’s 9 x 1 ounce sampler and each sample was shockingly fantastic. Really fresh and strong. I definitely have to try Lucky’s.
Are you saying Spirit Science is Kratom-OG? Because I went to the Kratom OG website that you indicated and didn’t see anything that said Spirit Science. Or is Spirit Science someone completely different?
I have tried SOSA’s 9 x 1 ounce sampler and each sample was shockingly fantastic. Really fresh and strong. I definitely have to try Lucky’s.
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Thanks beathappening
I’m familiar with both Sacred Son and SOSA. But have excellent Kratom. Liza’s is another one on my list to try. Do you have any favorite strains or strains that are consistently Best Sellers for Liz’s and OG?
I’m familiar with both Sacred Son and SOSA. But have excellent Kratom. Liza’s is another one on my list to try. Do you have any favorite strains or strains that are consistently Best Sellers for Liz’s and OG?
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Spirit Science and K-OG are two different companies. K-OG I'm not sure if they're taking new customers right now when I get home I will link you to the email so you can ask them.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
SS is mainly a mewe/email vendor; there are some reviews here. According to KOGs website they are accepting new customers now, their email is [email protected] . If you scroll down to "most recent batches" you can see how many new strains they have, it's kind of overwhelming
I don't have any current recommendations for liza or kog, but I'm sure someone else will. You may have to start another thread.
I don't have any current recommendations for liza or kog, but I'm sure someone else will. You may have to start another thread.
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Thanks everyone. Excellent info. I now have several new vendors I’ll be trying. A few of my go to vendors were small and folded up due to the CC problems and other problems vendors are facing. So I’m in search of adding 3 or 4 names to my preferred list of vendors. Thanks again.
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
If you order from KOG you mist get MD ULTRA. It is a fantastic fast blend of 10 different whites and greens. His Red Aceh and Elite Elephant were also standouts!Vipercuda69 wrote:Thanks everyone. Excellent info. I now have several new vendors I’ll be trying. A few of my go to vendors were small and folded up due to the CC problems and other problems vendors are facing. So I’m in search of adding 3 or 4 names to my preferred list of vendors. Thanks again.
I also highly reccomend SOSA and Fused Flora.
-K-Dawg
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
When it comes to price (and it should), the first thing I want to know is if the shipping is free.
OK, there is no such thing as "Free Shipping." Someone has to pay. If the price is $18 per 100g, but the shipping is "free" then you are actually paying more like $11 for the 100g. Most vendors charge anywhere from $7 or more (depending on the order), so if shipping is included it can all balance out.
All the same, $18 for a 100g bag is a lot. But I see this price on SO many vendor sites. If you think about the price and how much you are getting for it, buying a 100g bag just isn't worth it. I don't know why vendors are setting this price point for this weight, but it isn't economical. You might as well buy more and save more.
OK, there is no such thing as "Free Shipping." Someone has to pay. If the price is $18 per 100g, but the shipping is "free" then you are actually paying more like $11 for the 100g. Most vendors charge anywhere from $7 or more (depending on the order), so if shipping is included it can all balance out.
All the same, $18 for a 100g bag is a lot. But I see this price on SO many vendor sites. If you think about the price and how much you are getting for it, buying a 100g bag just isn't worth it. I don't know why vendors are setting this price point for this weight, but it isn't economical. You might as well buy more and save more.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
If you really want a sample pack, Sosa is a great choice as already stated. Liza's and Sacred Son are also very good, and have two different sizes of samplers between $18 and $35.
Agree with this [SOSA]. I chose 9 stains for $35 and that included shipping. That comes to under $4.00 per ounce. It was a great deal, and all of the strains have been very good so far.
Agree with this [SOSA]. I chose 9 stains for $35 and that included shipping. That comes to under $4.00 per ounce. It was a great deal, and all of the strains have been very good so far.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
I think it's on purpose, to help convince you to buy moreGreyfeather wrote:I don't know why vendors are setting this price point for this weight, but it isn't economical.
-
chortle
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:51 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Actually, I wish they had more (they had more strains in the past, iirc).beathappening wrote:According to KOGs website they are accepting new customers now, their email is [email protected]. If you scroll down to "most recent batches" you can see how many new strains they have, it's kind of overwhelming
From KOG's site, here are the stats for strains (just g/r/w strains) I see on my end:
Green: 19
Red: 24
White: 19
In contrast, Liza's best botanicals:
Green: 48
Red: 48
White: 32
Now that is overwhelming! But very cool to have so many options. I have her on my short list to try alongside Sosa Speciosa. I've had Sosa's leaf before and I enjoyed it.
- KBull
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Hahah exactly! That’s what they make me do. My past 10 orders probably, have only been split kilos. Because it’s just the best deal. You roll the dice on strains you haven’t tried, but some how my past half dozen kilos have been amazing. Even trying new strains and batches. I’m also always scared if I sample something and end up loving it, it’ll be gone by the time I get around to ordering more quantity! Anyways even sub pars and duds look nice in my doomsday stash!beathappening wrote:I think it's on purpose, to help convince you to buy moreGreyfeather wrote:I don't know why vendors are setting this price point for this weight, but it isn't economical.
-
chortle
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:51 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Re turnaround times for KOG. I guess it varies based upon where they are at order wise, etc one day to the next. However, my last order with them in early Nov last year I had my pkg 3 days from paying the invoice, getting my order in. That was the fastest yet from them and I was surprised.
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Last I knew, the RVA 9.75 includes a pretty hefty shipping price, so your choices are likely neck and neck in terms of cost.Vipercuda69 wrote:I’ve seen really great reviews all over about both Herbal RVA and Kratom OG. Does anyone have experience with either of these guys? I don’t mind paying a little extra for super high quality but the price different between these two guys is pretty huge. 100g for $9.75 compared to 100g for $18. That’s a big difference. Any feedback would be appreciated.
The Red Queen
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Lucky’s Green MD and Green Bali are my favs. White MD and Hulu are good too.Vipercuda69 wrote:Thanks RumRunner!
Lucky has a very similar price structure as Herbal RVA. Nearly the same prices. I do have Lucky on my list of vendors to try. Do you know if they have a sample pack where I could try 8-10 strains for around $35? What are their best sellers or your preferred strains from them? I may just place a small order with both of them and see how that goes.
Get on their mailing list. They run specials occasionally. Good luck!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Yeah I've checked, it comes out to $16.20 or so. You'd think they be able to have an option for first class mail, not just priority. KOG charges for shipping too, though. I don't think it's worth it to buy less than a quarter or a sample pack, at a time.WhiteAngelica wrote: Last I knew, the RVA 9.75 includes a pretty hefty shipping price, so your choices are likely neck and neck in terms of cost.
-
Somethingsacred
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
I agree ... lucky Herbal is really good and affordable, that GMD is stellar ... Bali ... Hulu .... all very good !
Also ... I’d try Benni or Fused Flora as possible sources .... can’t go wrong with any of the dudes
Also ... I’d try Benni or Fused Flora as possible sources .... can’t go wrong with any of the dudes
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Thanks for all the great info. I’m in search of a few new preferred vendors. I like to have 10 top shelf vendors on my list but recently lost 4 small and fairly unknown vendors that had some of the best Kratom ever. They were too small to survive all the hassles that Kratom vendors have had to deal with. Mainly credit card issues and FB shutting down their groups. I think I’m pretty sure I’ll be trying Herbal RVA and Lucky’s. Both seem very affordable and I’ve seen nothing but great reviews for both. I’ll likely give Fused a try as well since I’ve recently seen some great reviews for them too.
-
chortle
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:51 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
So Kratom OG is too expensive for you then? I'm placing an order with them rn. Came out to be $101 w/ shipping for a 5-way split kilo. I want to try a few other vendors but I've ordered from KOG a few times now and have been pleased overall.
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Hi Chortle. Yes, KOG just seems a bit expensive for me. I’ve had extremely high quality Kratom from vendors that were very affordable. As long as you order around $50 worth of Kratom, the shipping is often free. I actually checked my stash box and have an order from Herbal RVA that I haven’t even tried yet. I couldn’t believe I found an untouched Kratom order. Very unusual as I like to tear into and new vendors Kratom being anxious to try it. But this order from Herbal RVA was somehow over looked. I currently have orders in with MitraMan, Lucky Herbals and one vendor that I don’t really know much about, Bow Key Botanicals. I had found a discount for them of nearly 40% and also free shipping. So, also on the way, four 50g samples of: White MD, Green Thai, Red Borneo and Yellow Vietnam, that came to $24. (200g total for $24 with free shipping and a free 28g ounce they toss in for certain payment methods used.)
-
Somethingsacred
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
Bow Key is great ! I love there green and white md ... also the green Sumatran and Green vein ... stellar ! Taylor is good people !
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Herbal RVA or Kratom OG
That’s good to know someone here gives Bow Key a thumbs up. It was an impulse buy since I hadn’t really known about them or researched for many reviews. I just randomly picked 4 common strains and I assume they will pick a 5th one for me as a free sample because I used their preferred pay method. I’m a little concerned as I paid with GreenMoney 6 days ago. The transaction hit my account 4 days ago and I sent Taylor a snap shot of the eCheck. So it’s been nearly 6 days and still no tracking number. I emailed Taylor yesterday but no response as of yet. I suspect the delay is with the GreenMoney transaction processor. But I would have though a tracking number would have been sent by now. Within these last 6 days I placed orders with two other vendors and already received them.Somethingsacred wrote:Bow Key is great ! I love there green and white md ... also the green Sumatran and Green vein ... stellar ! Taylor is good people !