Guayusa Tea

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
nerdy ninja
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Guayusa Tea

Post by nerdy ninja »

Anyone have any experience with this as a potentiator etc ? I’m hearing it gives kratom longer legs but not exactly a potentiator.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by CatfatherB »

Brave 777 would be the guy to ask about this, I remember him saying it's a great tool to take with kratom and as a substitute on a break. :geek:
Closedeyesearch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by Closedeyesearch »

It has a ton of alkaloids, has L theanine and theobromine (caffeine ) and others that synergize well on their own but also go well with speciosa. its calming and stimulating.
drinking it after you dose make them both peak at the same type..
can get a bag of leaf on amazon for 20 that would last a month
cheers
Somethingsacred
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by Somethingsacred »

I love guayusa, it’s been a sec since I had some but think it could very well add/ extend the stimulating aspect of kratom ... I was into making homemade soda a while back and made one called
“ guayuas why not” lol... was actually very good .. I think I’ll try to make another batch sometime now that I’m reminiscing.... I’m interested in the kratom combo with it .... cool topic
Lambeezy
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by Lambeezy »

I ordered some lol I’ll try anything once
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by brave777 »

CatfatherB wrote:Brave 777 would be the guy to ask about this, I remember him saying it's a great tool to take with kratom and as a substitute on a break. :geek:
Yeah i kept bringing it up, i was just surprised not many use it. Stand alone its amazing , its like from heroin to kratom, from kratom to Guayusa, lol such bad terminology. But I used it many many times when leaning away from kratom. I honestly havent found anything better then Guayusa, if have to make a strong brew add more leaf to your tea pot, Guayusa leaf is cheap. But if you ask me if there is a good synergy with Guayusa? Yes there is 100%. but sometimes i just prefer kratom and not have a booster effect that Guayusa gives. Play around with it guys, you cant go wrong on it, with kratom or without. Just an amazing tool to have around. A lot of people quit coffee because of it, and yes , you dont have that crash effect like coffee does with Guayusa Leaf. I think everyone who read this and even all lurkers, will have zero regrets getting it. 8-)
Kratom user since 2014!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by beathappening »

Sounds interesting, twice the caffeine than coffee? is it sold in grocery stores at all? I don't think I've ever seen it, but I don't drink much tea. I go through like a kilo of coffee a month, I'd love to have an alternative that's possibly better
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by brave777 »

beathappening wrote:Sounds interesting, twice the caffeine than coffee? is it sold in grocery stores at all? I don't think I've ever seen it, but I don't drink much tea. I go through like a kilo of coffee a month, I'd love to have an alternative that's possibly better
Correction, its 50% less caffeine then coffee.
Kratom user since 2014!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by beathappening »

Different sites say different things. There's an article I found off Google that says it's the same amount, so idk. It says twice the amount of antioxidants, though? I was hoping for something naturally high in caffeine but I think coffee is as good as it gets. I'll still look for it in stores, I'd want to try it before I buy a pound off amazon.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by K-Dawg »

Ok, y'all have my attention... :lol:
Where is the best place to order?
-K-Dawg
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by brave777 »

K-Dawg wrote:Ok, y'all have my attention... :lol:
Where is the best place to order?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=guayusa+leaf ... _sb_noss_2

all 16 ounce usually under 20$ on amazon. Its like kratom, i had to switch few brands before i found strong potent Guayusa... its all good, its just some is stronger and some is weaker in comparison. maybe that's why there is different info on how much caffeine it has? Like i said, if have to add extra leaf to your pot if its weak. But you can tell the smell and how it looks, each bag seems different even in in same brand. I dont understand this phenomenal, its like kratom in its own way, you got to hunt that potent fire Guayusa down because its just plant matter and in potency it will vary. Good Luck.
Kratom user since 2014!
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by K-Dawg »

brave777 wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Ok, y'all have my attention... :lol:
Where is the best place to order?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=guayusa+leaf ... _sb_noss_2

all 16 ounce usually under 20$ on amazon. Its like kratom, i had to switch few brands before i found strong potent Guayusa... its all good, its just some is stronger and some is weaker in comparison. maybe that's why there is different info on how much caffeine it has? Like i said, if have to add extra leaf to your pot if its weak. But you can tell the smell and how it looks, each bag seems different even in in same brand. I dont understand this phenomenal, its like kratom in its own way, you got to hunt that potent fire Guayusa down because its just plant matter and in potency it will vary. Good Luck.
Sweet, just ordered some. Its the same alkaloid that is in the popular Yerba Mate drink in those yellow cans!
-K-Dawg
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by K-Dawg »

Hey y'all,

it says to use only 1 teaspoon...? Have y'all used more than that? I got the exact kind in the link Brave posted :D
-K-Dawg
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by brave777 »

K-Dawg wrote:Hey y'all,

it says to use only 1 teaspoon...? Have y'all used more than that? I got the exact kind in the link Brave posted :D

You can use a whole pound if you wanted, but just wasting i think depends on a pot and how much you want to boil it, if its just a small tiny cup then yeah, teaspoon is fine unless you want it stronger then do a tablespoon. Play with it just like kratom, some like less strong some like it strong. i love it strong when i make mine. Honestly i dont think you can go wrong, if it gets to strong, you can always add some water to the mix. No matter what it taste good. Has a grassy tone to it, but if have raw honey, add some. makes it taste even more amazing. but first try bare and understand the flavor of it. it can get very addictive. just a warning.

Also what brand did you get?
Kratom user since 2014!
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by K-Dawg »

brave777 wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Hey y'all,

it says to use only 1 teaspoon...? Have y'all used more than that? I got the exact kind in the link Brave posted :D

You can use a whole pound if you wanted, but just wasting i think depends on a pot and how much you want to boil it, if its just a small tiny cup then yeah, teaspoon is fine unless you want it stronger then do a tablespoon. Play with it just like kratom, some like less strong some like it strong. i love it strong when i make mine. Honestly i dont think you can go wrong, if it gets to strong, you can always add some water to the mix. No matter what it taste good. Has a grassy tone to it, but if have raw honey, add some. makes it taste even more amazing. but first try bare and understand the flavor of it. it can get very addictive. just a warning.

Also what brand did you get?
I got the Wayakana brand that happens to come from a suburb of Houston just north of me! Thanks for the heads up.I am already dependent on caffeine but not horribly. It tasted VERY mild and even somehat tasty..which makes me wonder if I used enough.. I used 1.5tsp and then made another 1tsp just in case :lol: it will be fun to play around with. THanks for your help brave!!
-K-Dawg
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by brave777 »

K-Dawg wrote:
brave777 wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Hey y'all,

it says to use only 1 teaspoon...? Have y'all used more than that? I got the exact kind in the link Brave posted :D

You can use a whole pound if you wanted, but just wasting i think depends on a pot and how much you want to boil it, if its just a small tiny cup then yeah, teaspoon is fine unless you want it stronger then do a tablespoon. Play with it just like kratom, some like less strong some like it strong. i love it strong when i make mine. Honestly i dont think you can go wrong, if it gets to strong, you can always add some water to the mix. No matter what it taste good. Has a grassy tone to it, but if have raw honey, add some. makes it taste even more amazing. but first try bare and understand the flavor of it. it can get very addictive. just a warning.

Also what brand did you get?
I got the Wayakana brand that happens to come from a suburb of Houston just north of me! Thanks for the heads up.I am already dependent on caffeine but not horribly. It tasted VERY mild and even somehat tasty..which makes me wonder if I used enough.. I used 1.5tsp and then made another 1tsp just in case :lol: it will be fun to play around with. THanks for your help brave!!
Hey no problem K-Dawg, it is tasty indeed. The mild part, yes it is mild, more milder then kratom but if someone who never had kratom or coffee then Guayusa would be a big hit for them. I have never had Wayakana brand, i hope it came off some potent tree's. I had a weak Guayusa and strong Guayusa before. Seems like you know what you doing, with Guayusa never be afraid to add extra until you think that's enough. Most people that can't wean off coffee use Guayusa with big success. Just remember when you take kratom breaks, dont forget to double amount of Guayusa into your pot. Also i think Guayusa to me is mild but on a fast side of it. I enjoy it a lot more with slow kratom or nice chill reds, since Guayusa brings out to fast mild pleasant kick.

A word of free advice to all vendors, START TO CARRY "GUAYUSA LEAF" ! It is a tool that helps mellow out your kratom burns at the same time it helps with when you take kratom tolerance breaks.
Kratom user since 2014!
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Guayusa Tea

Post by K-Dawg »

[/quote]Hey no problem K-Dawg, it is tasty indeed. The mild part, yes it is mild, more milder then kratom but if someone who never had kratom or coffee then Guayusa would be a big hit for them. I have never had Wayakana brand, i hope it came off some potent tree's. I had a weak Guayusa and strong Guayusa before. Seems like you know what you doing, with Guayusa never be afraid to add extra until you think that's enough. Most people that can't wean off coffee use Guayusa with big success. Just remember when you take kratom breaks, dont forget to double amount of Guayusa into your pot. Also i think Guayusa to me is mild but on a fast side of it. I enjoy it a lot more with slow kratom or nice chill reds, since Guayusa brings out to fast mild pleasant kick.

A word of free advice to all vendors, START TO CARRY "GUAYUSA LEAF" ! It is a tool that helps mellow out your kratom burns at the same time it helps with when you take kratom tolerance breaks.[/quote]

Good tip, I have some Hirusta otw from MitraMan so I will definitely add the Guayusa into the mix for sure ;) I am going with the French press brew tomorrow. Seems to be the easiest method I have seen so far. Haha I hope the vendors start trying to source the best Guayusa leaf :lol:
-K-Dawg
Post Reply