Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
-
MissingNo
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm
Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
I take kratom to help with social anxiety/depression, so I prefer strains that offer a strong mood boost. I was a long time buyer of Bikhuk's red Borneo which is an all time favorite. In 2016, I kept seeing Gaia's green Malay being recommended, so I pulled the trigger. I liked it so much that I stocked up on a lot and I just ran out. I decided to try out their red Bali and it's incredibly weak, short, and ZERO euphoric mood boost. After some brief research, the consensus seems that in the last few years the organization's quality and reputation has dropped significantly. Reddit banned this sort of talk and Dread is down, so I am coming to you guys for help. I want to give Gaia another chance since their green Malay was pretty fire, but I'm concerned given the current state of their reputation. Has anybody tried their green Malay recently, and if so, how does it compare? I've already wasted $30 on the shit red Bali and want to avoid more waste doing the trial and error method.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Not many if any order from Gaia still! Their quality fell off completely well over a year ago I'd say.... There or tons of other newer vendors right now with way better quality for comparable prices.MissingNo wrote:I take kratom to help with social anxiety/depression, so I prefer strains that offer a strong mood boost. I was a long time buyer of Bikhuk's red Borneo which is an all time favorite. In 2016, I kept seeing Gaia's green Malay being recommended, so I pulled the trigger. I liked it so much that I stocked up on a lot and I just ran out. I decided to try out their red Bali and it's incredibly weak, short, and ZERO euphoric mood boost. After some brief research, the consensus seems that in the last few years the organization's quality and reputation has dropped significantly. Reddit banned this sort of talk and Dread is down, so I am coming to you guys for help. I want to give Gaia another chance since their green Malay was pretty fire, but I'm concerned given the current state of their reputation. Has anybody tried their green Malay recently, and if so, how does it compare? I've already wasted $30 on the shit red Bali and want to avoid more waste doing the trial and error method.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Don't mess with that salmonella speciosa
-
MissingNo
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Thank you for the heads up. Could you recommend your favorite strains/vendors? As mentioned, I need something with a strong mood boost because I am prone to social anxiety but I work in client services. For anxiety, my doctor put me on a drug in the same class as Benadryl which makes me insanely groggy. Kratom is the best remedy as it fights anxiety without sacrificing the mental clarity needed to do my work.acejestyr15 wrote: Not many if any order from Gaia still! Their quality fell off completely well over a year ago I'd say.... There or tons of other newer vendors right now with way better quality for comparable prices.
Yes, that scandal is pretty alarming. What're your favorite strains/vendors?beathappening wrote:Don't mess with that salmonella speciosa
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
I like sacred son, smiley time, Sosa. There are quite a few new ones that people here rave about that I have yet to try- mitraman, spirit science, lucky herbals, benni botanicals
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
I second SOSA especially that 9oz sampler for 35 shipped
-
Luk3
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:46 pm
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Mitraman is an awesome vendor, as is rhino remedies, and spirit science. These are all mewe vendors, but mitraman now has a website as well. Lots of good leaf around. Check out recent reviews or the daily burn review thread.
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
I ordered from Gaia last October. I got 250g of Red Bali and 250g of Super Green Malay, along with a bunch of other 1 ounce(28g) samples of various other strains. Their prices seemed very attractive and their selection is one of the biggest that I’ve seen. At first I felt that I had found something really great with such a selection and great prices. But to sum up my experience, their Kratom is total garbage. I went through all of the various ounces while chipping away at each of the 250g bags, but there was literally no effect from the Kratom. I know my tolerance level and exactly what my serving size is. This wasn’t my first rodeo. As I continued to take more and more, in hopes of feeling something, anything, I only ended up being sick in the end. Not salmonella sick. Just sick from too much very low quality Kratom and whatever other crap they mix in as fillers to give it extra weight. It was a considerable amount of money I had lost. I simply can’t see how they can sell nearly 75 different types of Kratom and ensure any level of quality. Don’t be fooled by the bargain prices, the fancy website, their huge selection and the appearance of their above average Kratom bags. What was in those bags was nothing but pure garbage. That’s exactly where it ended up. Right in the garbage, with me throwing away nearly half a KeyLow(500g) of possibly the worst Kratom I ever had in 3 years. With Kountry Kratom being a very close tie with the worst of all time. Oh well. Lesson learned. They won’t give you your money back, so don’t waste your time trying. The best advice they could give was to “Just Take More” or “Just Buy More” of different strains. No thanks. All 8 or 9 strains were complete crap. I can’t see how more or a different strain will be any better. Just another Vendor that will do anything just for a buck, pushing extremely low quality Kratom on you, knowing full well that your not coming back and they aren’t giving you your money back. They just needed to burn you once and then they are on to the next sucker.
-
MissingNo
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Thanks for sharing your story. It sucks to hear how far they've fallen because their GM was so well regarded in 2016. Do you have any recommendations? Looking for uplifting euphoria. Thanks.Vipercuda69 wrote:I ordered from Gaia last October. I got 250g of Red Bali and 250g of Super Green Malay, along with a bunch of other 1 ounce(28g) samples of various other strains. Their prices seemed very attractive and their selection is one of the biggest that I’ve seen. At first I felt that I had found something really great with such a selection and great prices. But to sum up my experience, their Kratom is total garbage. I went through all of the various ounces while chipping away at each of the 250g bags, but there was literally no effect from the Kratom. I know my tolerance level and exactly what my serving size is. This wasn’t my first rodeo. As I continued to take more and more, in hopes of feeling something, anything, I only ended up being sick in the end. Not salmonella sick. Just sick from too much very low quality Kratom and whatever other crap they mix in as fillers to give it extra weight. It was a considerable amount of money I had lost. I simply can’t see how they can sell nearly 75 different types of Kratom and ensure any level of quality. Don’t be fooled by the bargain prices, the fancy website, their huge selection and the appearance of their above average Kratom bags. What was in those bags was nothing but pure garbage. That’s exactly where it ended up. Right in the garbage, with me throwing away nearly half a KeyLow(500g) of possibly the worst Kratom I ever had in 3 years. With Kountry Kratom being a very close tie with the worst of all time. Oh well. Lesson learned. They won’t give you your money back, so don’t waste your time trying. The best advice they could give was to “Just Take More” or “Just Buy More” of different strains. No thanks. All 8 or 9 strains were complete crap. I can’t see how more or a different strain will be any better. Just another Vendor that will do anything just for a buck, pushing extremely low quality Kratom on you, knowing full well that your not coming back and they aren’t giving you your money back. They just needed to burn you once and then they are on to the next sucker.
- Vipercuda69
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Some at the top of my list right now are:MissingNo wrote:Thanks for sharing your story. It sucks to hear how far they've fallen because their GM was so well regarded in 2016. Do you have any recommendations? Looking for uplifting euphoria. Thanks.Vipercuda69 wrote:I ordered from Gaia last October. I got 250g of Red Bali and 250g of Super Green Malay, along with a bunch of other 1 ounce(28g) samples of various other strains. Their prices seemed very attractive and their selection is one of the biggest that I’ve seen. At first I felt that I had found something really great with such a selection and great prices. But to sum up my experience, their Kratom is total garbage. I went through all of the various ounces while chipping away at each of the 250g bags, but there was literally no effect from the Kratom. I know my tolerance level and exactly what my serving size is. This wasn’t my first rodeo. As I continued to take more and more, in hopes of feeling something, anything, I only ended up being sick in the end. Not salmonella sick. Just sick from too much very low quality Kratom and whatever other crap they mix in as fillers to give it extra weight. It was a considerable amount of money I had lost. I simply can’t see how they can sell nearly 75 different types of Kratom and ensure any level of quality. Don’t be fooled by the bargain prices, the fancy website, their huge selection and the appearance of their above average Kratom bags. What was in those bags was nothing but pure garbage. That’s exactly where it ended up. Right in the garbage, with me throwing away nearly half a KeyLow(500g) of possibly the worst Kratom I ever had in 3 years. With Kountry Kratom being a very close tie with the worst of all time. Oh well. Lesson learned. They won’t give you your money back, so don’t waste your time trying. The best advice they could give was to “Just Take More” or “Just Buy More” of different strains. No thanks. All 8 or 9 strains were complete crap. I can’t see how more or a different strain will be any better. Just another Vendor that will do anything just for a buck, pushing extremely low quality Kratom on you, knowing full well that your not coming back and they aren’t giving you your money back. They just needed to burn you once and then they are on to the next sucker.
Lucky Herbals
Herbal RVA
Otie’s Botanicals
Sacred Son
SOSA
Bunny Botanical
Benni’s
Fused Flora
-
Bawli
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 pm
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Man, I wish it was.
I also ordered a heap of Gaia's Green Malay in 2016. It gave me the most consistent relief out of any kratom I've ever had. Always worked no matter the tolerance level. It was so helpful never having to worry about kratom not working for the year or so I had it. I've yet to find kratom that has that level of consistency for me.
Sadly, Gaia has been across the board rubbish for years now Don't know why anyone buys from them. I second the Sosa recommendations specifically their super green and green malay. Good luck in your search.
I also ordered a heap of Gaia's Green Malay in 2016. It gave me the most consistent relief out of any kratom I've ever had. Always worked no matter the tolerance level. It was so helpful never having to worry about kratom not working for the year or so I had it. I've yet to find kratom that has that level of consistency for me.
Sadly, Gaia has been across the board rubbish for years now Don't know why anyone buys from them. I second the Sosa recommendations specifically their super green and green malay. Good luck in your search.
-
Thekid1420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
Gaia is garbage now and has been for a while, buuuuut I still have a good amount of their purple 8 in 1 from 2016/17
And that stuff is amazing. Top 5 in my book.
And that stuff is amazing. Top 5 in my book.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
I do have the purple but i never liked it, i think i left a negative review on reddit when giaia first released the purple 8 in 1. But i also heard you have to take a lot more instead of a little to feel the benefits. what is your dose amount for the purple 8-1?Thekid1420 wrote:Gaia is garbage now and has been for a while, buuuuut I still have a good amount of their purple 8 in 1 from 2016/17
And that stuff is amazing. Top 5 in my book.
i might revisit and try again after years and years of collecting dust. i think back then they cared for their image and didn't sell trash. right now they are all out, business as usual. unless quality just dropped all across the the board. Just some returning customers not aware of it and fall victim to it.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Thekid1420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am
Re: Is Gaia's green Malay still as good as it was?
brave777 wrote:I do have the purple but i never liked it, i think i left a negative review on reddit when giaia first released the purple 8 in 1. But i also heard you have to take a lot more instead of a little to feel the benefits. what is your dose amount for the purple 8-1?Thekid1420 wrote:Gaia is garbage now and has been for a while, buuuuut I still have a good amount of their purple 8 in 1 from 2016/17
And that stuff is amazing. Top 5 in my book.![]()
i might revisit and try again after years and years of collecting dust. i think back then they cared for their image and didn't sell trash. right now they are all out, business as usual. unless quality just dropped all across the the board. Just some returning customers not aware of it and fall victim to it.
I used to dose about 5 grams at a time back in 2016. Down to about 3 these days. I usually prefer blends and I think that was a big blend of 8 of their strains (hence the name) so maybe that's why I love it so much. Just a well balanced finish.