https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/1178280
https://legiscan.com/MS/bill/SB2084/2020
https://www.kratomscience.com/podcast/9 ... the-media/
Mississippi Senator introduced a bill to Schedule I Kratom
-
beeman
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:18 am
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Mississippi Senator introduced a bill to Schedule I Krat
Thanks for the links, just noticed this development yesterday, but I didn't know the bill has already made house committee.
With some research, I found out Mississippi is overwhelmingly republican (which I had assumed). I'm not sure if it's a cut and dry Democrat/republican issue, but it seems like Dems are typically more open to hearing evidence than Republicans are, and the way things are so divisive in today's political climate, it's not looking good.
Republicans control both the MS state house and the state Senate, and they have five members in the US Congress, plus the governor. Democrats have only one representative in the US Congress. If the votes fall along party lines, this could be it for MS.
I'd love to hear other opinions on what this means for kratom in Mississippi, I'm not entirely familiar with all the intricacies of state legislature.
With some research, I found out Mississippi is overwhelmingly republican (which I had assumed). I'm not sure if it's a cut and dry Democrat/republican issue, but it seems like Dems are typically more open to hearing evidence than Republicans are, and the way things are so divisive in today's political climate, it's not looking good.
Republicans control both the MS state house and the state Senate, and they have five members in the US Congress, plus the governor. Democrats have only one representative in the US Congress. If the votes fall along party lines, this could be it for MS.
I'd love to hear other opinions on what this means for kratom in Mississippi, I'm not entirely familiar with all the intricacies of state legislature.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Mississippi Senator introduced a bill to Schedule I Krat
Sure. MS is a major Republican "Red State" along with most other Southern states, many of which... BAN kratom.beathappening wrote:With some research, I found out Mississippi is overwhelmingly Republican ... Republicans control both the MS state house and the state Senate, and they have five members in the US Congress, plus the governor.
The failed "War On Drugs" is a MAIN part of the Republican platform.. ever since Reagan in the 1980's.. Red states ban kratom, Arkansas, Indiana, Alabama, these are all goober states where U go to Prison for years, just for growing a pot plant, or simple possession... OF COURSE they ban Kratom!
Alabama, like three other states, mandates a Life without parole sentence, for simple possession of small amounts of marijuana by people with certain prior felony conviction ... In Mississippi, 30 grams — barely one ounce — is enough to send someone to prison for the rest of his or her life, with no chance of release. https://www.vox.com/2016/4/20/11467558/ ... e-sentence
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!