Yellow Kratom

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Yellow Kratom

Post by Greyfeather »

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We are finally getting "winter" here in Illinois. We would like a SHORT one now, lol

I stay close to the 'red strain' kratom for its marvelous pain-relief and its calming effects. Although, I have come to appreciate greens that offset any over-sedation that can result. And it's better than coffee, imo ;)

It's the Yellows that are catching my attention now. I have only tried one- a sample. It was heavily sedating and I don't even remember if it helped with pain. Sometime a body really wants to be sedated, so I'm not sure if I would even care how pain-relieving it is or isn't :? Anyone have some experience with this strain that you would like to share? I don't know if it is new or what it is known for. I'm guessing that its unique profile (if it has one) is owing to the drying process? Or maybe it is a blend?

Any responses are very much appreciated!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by BallzDeep9 »

haha yes I recall when I first tried a good 'Yellow' I got all curious, and went looking around the Internet for pics.. Found a photo of a Yellow leaf. You know, how leaves on a maple tree turn color in Fall? Well someone in Indo got a pic of this yellowish leaf and.. was trying to say.. Yellow kratom is made from these leaves. They are carefully separated, to produce this color :lol:

We now have learned.. Just say NO to "strains and veins". This discussion HERE on Blended Strains, pretty much covers it.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by herbalhippie »

Yellows were my favorite for a long time. Then I discovered slow, euphoric greens. Then I discovered reds. :D
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by Greyfeather »

herbalhippie wrote:Yellows were my favorite for a long time. Then I discovered slow, euphoric greens. Then I discovered reds. :D
I Luuuv my reds, lol.

But I was going over some of our favorite vendor's menus and saw all of those yellow/golds and asked myself "what is so special/different here?"

And then remembered a leaf that I just can't forget. Maybe there is always that one strain that stands out for one reason or another. It was a TFH sample - Wild Yellow TFH. It got a LOT of feedback. And now that I'm banging my head, didn't that one give you headaches? (you're famous, sorry :lol:). People seemed to love it or not, but it was memorable. So then I searched MM for more reviews for yellow/golds and kept seeing "24kBali" (also from TFH). By now I am wondering if yellows fit into a niche that no other 'strain' can?

That TFH Wild Yellow was really unique (for me). And I still haven't decided if it's for me. My state just recently legalized cannabis, but there is no way in hell (or anywhere else) I can ever afford it. That Yellow leaf is the maybe the closest to "absolute chill" I can imagine. And I didn't have to order a pizza after :lol: It was a different kind of "sedation." I'm just wondering if this 'strain' is consistent that way.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by K-Dawg »

Hey Greyfeather! I think we started taking kratom at the exact same time.. about 7 months ago so I'm still learning a lot too :geek:
All I know is that "yellows" really vibe with me. TFH 24K Kali, Wild yellow tfh, and SOSA Yellow MD are some of my favorites in stock. They produce great analgesia for me and are more sedating than greens but not as slow as reds IME. I read this interesting article on yellow kratom today. I'd like to know what some of the veterans think about this article :?:

https://www.magickpowerspotions.com/post/yellow-kratom
-K-Dawg
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by CatfatherB »

Ive only been taking kratom for 2 plus years so I don't really consider myself a veteran but I used to think that "yellows" and "gold's" were just batches that didn't quite look the way they wished..and they sold it anyway, I've read all kinds of crap about how yellows are made...from blends to fermented w/cats claw!! :lol:
Sneakers
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 am

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by Sneakers »

For me, yellows and golds are great because I take kratom during the day and at work, so I can't risk taking reds and getting too sedated. Thats where the yellows and golds fit in. From my experience, these strains are either slighly below average or are really good. There's not much in between. Some of the best strains I've ever had are yellows and golds, some really euphoric yellow vietnams, relaxing and euphoric yellow mds, and relaxing golds. I should mention that the golds kick in really quick.

So if you can find good yellows or golds, thats great. Mitraman and Fused Flora have some really good ones. I also typically blend these in with whites or greens, I usually won't do these alone but if you have a good one you definitely can.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by herbalhippie »

Greyfeather wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:Yellows were my favorite for a long time. Then I discovered slow, euphoric greens. Then I discovered reds. :D
It was a TFH sample - Wild Yellow TFH. It got a LOT of feedback. And now that I'm banging my head, didn't that one give you headaches? (you're famous, sorry :lol:). .
I don't think I ever tried that TFH strain.

Every yellow I've had but one was firmly in the mid-spectrum category, maybe some just slightly slower. I bought one that was too fast and I didn't care for it, it was from Greg's Botanicals in late 2017.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by beathappening »

Yellows have always been tricky for me. Most of them haven't worked that well so I tend to favor other strains. So there may be some good ones out there I've overlooked. Gold's don't usually work that well for me either. I don't know if that's just coincidence or that there really is something in common with all yellows/gold's that makes it personally ineffective, if that makes sense. I could easily see one vendor's yellow being another's green, or red, etc.

There are a few exceptions. Sosa's Yellow maeng da is an example of a good fast yellow, that is one of his more consistent strains I think.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by Greyfeather »

Thanks for all of the replies! :D

Ballz, you crazy :lol: Never stop

And yeah, K-Dawg, we both joined up around the same time (I swear, we came in separate cars!) ;)

I have seen those "yellow" leaves too, lol. Autumn in Indonesia - it must be breathtaking :lol:

After some fairly shallow internet dives and some time over at reddit, I have decided to stay with the 3 basic food groups: Red, Green and White. If I ever come into a bunch of money (or someone gives me a mysterious storage locker), I'll spend a bit for some yellow/gold 8-)
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by beathappening »

Like the old saying goes:
White to get right, Red before bed, Green in between
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Yellow Kratom

Post by Greyfeather »

beathappening wrote:Like the old saying goes:
White to get right, Red before bed, Green in between
AMEN!!
Post Reply