Page 1 of 1

Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:44 pm
by IndigoBlue24
So stopped receiving any mood lift from my Kratom dosage. I am a long time user (2 years) taking between 10-12GPD. I usually take less on the weekends. Lately I have gotten no mood lift from my dosage. I have been taking agmatine daily with my stack to keep my dose low. Do you guys take agmatine? Any tips to get some of the magic back?

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:50 pm
by beathappening
Agmatine can actually inhibit some of the euphoric effects of kratom. In my experience, potentiators don't really do much and aren't worth it. There really is no way to get the magic back once it's gone. The best you can do is take a tolerance break and wait a long time in between doses, always dose on a completely empty stomach, etc. And shop around for some new leaf from vendors you haven't tried before. It'll never be as good as the initial honeymoon period unfortunately... :( adjust your expectations accordingly.

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:59 pm
by IndigoBlue24
Thanks. I am not looking for the initial effects, just a little boost. Not looking forward to a tolerance break. Do you think my dosage is too high?

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:59 pm
by K-Dawg
IndigoBlue24 wrote:Thanks. I am not looking for the initial effects, just a little boost. Not looking forward to a tolerance break. Do you think my dosage is too high?
Hey IB! I just went through your situation. For me it took adding moderate cardio workouts 3-5/week, switching vendors/strains up every day, and improving my gut health. I take a daily probiotic and make sure to eat plenty of fiber. When the piles are jinda clogged ill chug a 10oz glass of prune juice (ahout out to Ballz for the recommendation!) Good gut health matters so much! I teqlly haven't lowered my dose much.. burns come and go now but I've noticed when I stay on top of the practices I mentioned, I'll get better results.
Welc9me to the forum!

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:01 pm
by beathappening
Not at all, 10-12 grams per day is on the lower end, I think. Try dosing without the agmatine, and see how it goes. It may be affecting the burn. Lack of euphoria and mood lift is a very common complaint with agmatine. Maybe just use it for a few weeks at a time and cycle.

If you haven't seen it yet, here's a great agmatine guide on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... it-android

You could also try raising your dose a bit, like by a gram or two. How many doses a day do you take? It's best to put a good 6-8 hours between doses.

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:04 pm
by IndigoBlue24
I am a runner, usually run 2-3 milers every day.

I usually take two doses everyday.

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:08 pm
by K-Dawg
IndigoBlue24 wrote:I am a runner, usually run 2-3 milers every day.

I usually take two doses everyday.
Wow, good for you! Time to change up vendors then. Checkout Fused Flora, SOSA, MitraMan if you haven't ordered from them to start. :D

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:17 pm
by IndigoBlue24
K-Dawg wrote:
IndigoBlue24 wrote:I am a runner, usually run 2-3 milers every day.

I usually take two doses everyday.
Wow, good for you! Time to change up vendors then. Checkout Fused Flora, SOSA, MitraMan if you haven't ordered from them to start. :D
Whats the best red from Mitra?

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:57 pm
by BallzDeep9
beathappening wrote:Agmatine can actually inhibit some of the euphoric effects of kratom.
Same for me. Agmatine kills mood lift, but many report it helps when used daily, for Chronic Pain.. IF that's your reason for kratom

It's still useful for lowering tolerance! The answer: Cycle Agmatine along with a rapid taper. I wanna re-set my Tolerance, and up-regulate my opioid receptors.. I take Agmatine for 5 days, only at night, starting at 300 mg for a couple days, increasing to 600 mg. During those 5 days, taper your kratom GPD (Grams Per Day), however according to your schedule but the idea being, cut GPD by 50% then reduce further until you finally get 2 days clean!

Start the Agmatine, a day before your taper cycle... Stop Agmatine, half a serving the night before your final "clean day". Take other sleep aids too, Valerian Root, etc. Try some Black Seed Oil, also a couple nights. During the cycle use Cats Claw daily, also take Stem & Vein as PART of your T-Break...

BOOM! Start back on Kratom. Less Is More, low doses will feel great! :P The Magic is back!!! :D

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:23 pm
by K-Dawg
IndigoBlue24 wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:
IndigoBlue24 wrote:I am a runner, usually run 2-3 milers every day.

I usually take two doses everyday.
Wow, good for you! Time to change up vendors then. Checkout Fused Flora, SOSA, MitraMan if you haven't ordered from them to start. :D
Whats the best red from Mitra?
I just got a sample of his new Red Horn. I have his red Borneo but have only used it once so I really cant comment on his reds. Everyone in his MeWe group is stoked about the Red Horn.

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 pm
by Greyfeather
I use kratom, primarily, for pain relief. I take Agmatine about 20 minutes before my first kratom dose. The Agmatine SEEMS to be a pain-reducer on its own, but there could be other mechanisms at play.

I CAN say this though: to my knowledge I have never experienced Euphoria with kratom - even at high doses. But then, I don't really know what folks mean by euphoria. My one experience with weed was a disaster. I have no experience with any other substance (than alcohol). Intense exercise has often sent mind/body into another realm (also singing gospel with a group of people will give you a Rush like no other). The only substance I can recall as being "euphoric" was the few times I did amyl nitrate. That WAS euphoric - for 10 whole seconds, lol.

I would so much like to understand what kratom euphoria feels like.

Anyway, I have been using Agmatine for quite some time: Long before I increased my kratom dose. Maybe it DOES interfere with euphoria. I would be willing to put it to the test.

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:40 pm
by K-Dawg
Greyfeather wrote:I use kratom, primarily, for pain relief. I take Agmatine about 20 minutes before my first kratom dose. The Agmatine SEEMS to be a pain-reducer on its own, but there could be other mechanisms at play.

I CAN say this though: to my knowledge I have never experienced Euphoria with kratom - even at high doses. But then, I don't really know what folks mean by euphoria. My one experience with weed was a disaster. I have no experience with any other substance (than alcohol). Intense exercise has often sent mind/body into another realm (also singing gospel with a group of people will give you a Rush like no other). The only substance I can recall as being "euphoric" was the few times I did amyl nitrate. That WAS euphoric - for 10 whole seconds, lol.

I would so much like to understand what kratom euphoria feels like.

Anyway, I have been using Agmatine for quite some time: Long before I increased my kratom dose. Maybe it DOES interfere with euphoria. I would be willing to put it to the test.
Greyfeather you are the perfect candidate to test it out. Are ylu going to stop taking agmatine to find out :?:

Also, What is your definition of euphoria?

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:01 pm
by Greyfeather
K-Dawg wrote:
Greyfeather wrote:I use kratom, primarily, for pain relief. I take Agmatine about 20 minutes before my first kratom dose. The Agmatine SEEMS to be a pain-reducer on its own, but there could be other mechanisms at play.

I CAN say this though: to my knowledge I have never experienced Euphoria with kratom - even at high doses. But then, I don't really know what folks mean by euphoria. My one experience with weed was a disaster. I have no experience with any other substance (than alcohol). Intense exercise has often sent mind/body into another realm (also singing gospel with a group of people will give you a Rush like no other). The only substance I can recall as being "euphoric" was the few times I did amyl nitrate. That WAS euphoric - for 10 whole seconds, lol.

I would so much like to understand what kratom euphoria feels like.

Anyway, I have been using Agmatine for quite some time: Long before I increased my kratom dose. Maybe it DOES interfere with euphoria. I would be willing to put it to the test.
Greyfeather you are the perfect candidate to test it out. Are ylu going to stop taking agmatine to find out :?:

Also, What is your definition of euphoria?

Well that's the problem, lol. I don't have a good definition for Euphoria. I was counting on everyone else telling ME what it is :D Maybe I should start a thread: "What is Euphoria - for You?" Cause I would love to know.

Sure, I'm game :lol:

Re: Agmatine worth it?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 pm
by Greyfeather
Intense exercise has often sent mind/body into another realm (also singing gospel with a group of people will give you a Rush like no other).

For some reason I felt like following up this comment. I'm not what anyone would call a "proper Christian," but I have my beliefs. I started singing with school/other groups as a small child, then l later with amateur performing groups. The best were always gospel because that is the soul of rock&roll. The lyrics don't really matter as much as the Music (which IS the language). I just didn't want to alienate any readers by coming across as an intolerant person of ANY (possibly exclusionary) religion. Thanks :)