Question/suggestions
-
topnotch
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 pm
Question/suggestions
Hi all!
I am fairly new to kratom and have tried a few companies but still havent found a good strain to help with my depression? Does anyone have any suggestions for depression and any vendor suggestions? The amount of different types of kratom really kind of confuse me. It also seems that many people use such different amounts I don't even know what mine should be.
I also found this on twitter today https://gleam.io/wsAYr/10-kilo-kratom-giveaway and wanted to see if this is legitamete? Is this company (Top Extracts ?) ok & safe to use? Also, do I need to eat when taking kratom?
Thank you any help is appreciated.
I am fairly new to kratom and have tried a few companies but still havent found a good strain to help with my depression? Does anyone have any suggestions for depression and any vendor suggestions? The amount of different types of kratom really kind of confuse me. It also seems that many people use such different amounts I don't even know what mine should be.
I also found this on twitter today https://gleam.io/wsAYr/10-kilo-kratom-giveaway and wanted to see if this is legitamete? Is this company (Top Extracts ?) ok & safe to use? Also, do I need to eat when taking kratom?
Thank you any help is appreciated.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Question/suggestions
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure people will chime in with their favorite recent vendors soon. In the meantime, here is the link to the current vendor list
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3538
As far as what dose to start with, I suggest to new people that you first get a scale (very important!) and start out at one gram and add a half gram every hour until you're where you feel you need to be. That will be your sweet spot.
This is my favorite scale. I like the ones that weigh to .00 because I dose low (1.25 grams)
https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-A ... 415&sr=8-4
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3538
As far as what dose to start with, I suggest to new people that you first get a scale (very important!) and start out at one gram and add a half gram every hour until you're where you feel you need to be. That will be your sweet spot.
This is my favorite scale. I like the ones that weigh to .00 because I dose low (1.25 grams)
https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-A ... 415&sr=8-4
-
topnotch
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 pm
Re: Question/suggestions
Thank you so much for that list, that's very helpful! How will I know if I'm taking too much is my concern? I did read headaches and other side effects can occur. I tried 2 grams and got very mild pain relief hardly any change in mood. The package just said Bali on it. The other time was another name but I don't remember. So I am hoping I'll find something that will help here.
- Slippy
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Re: Question/suggestions
The only sure fire way of knowing your perfect dose is to experiment in small increments. For me personally 2 grams never did much of anything even when dosing top notch leaf. In terms of dosing 2 grams is one the small side.topnotch wrote:Thank you so much for that list, that's very helpful! How will I know if I'm taking too much is my concern? I did read headaches and other side effects can occur. I tried 2 grams and got very mild pain relief hardly any change in mood. The package just said Bali on it. The other time was another name but I don't remember. So I am hoping I'll find something that will help here.
My sweet spot is 4.5 gram doses. When I want to relax and get that extra euphoria feeling, I dose 6 grams. At 6 grams I do start to get the sedation feeling depending on the color of the leaf.
I've found lately that taking 3 grams and another 3 grams about an hour later helps with longer legs and makes me less sedated.
Kratom is an odd plant in the sense that one strain that works amazing for one person might not work for you, so the best advice I can give you is buy small samples at first and find your favorites.
I'd start at 3 grams, wait an hour and see how it effects you. If you feel like you need a little more then take another 2 grams, and see how you feel.
The best thing you can do is use our vendor list, but if you want top notch leaf, two vendors I can guarantee are fire are Lucky Herbals and Mitra Man, speaking from experience using them.
I also agree with the person who said to get a scale so you know exactly how much you're taking, that helped me find my perfect dosage a lot faster than eyeballing it.
As a general rule of thumb, whites = energy and are more stimulating, which some people find to "speedy", greens = more relaxing, with a nice mood lift, known to be "balanced", and reds are the most sedating, great for sleep and unwinding.
But as I stated everyone is effected differently, so experiment and come back and less us know how it went!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Question/suggestions
haha yes it's definitely confusing! welcome to MM!! Start by finding your LTD = Lowest Threshold Dose. Sample a few vendors in small amounts, find what works for you. "Less Is More", here's a video on Serving Size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsiEqauyA1Mtopnotch wrote: The amount of different types of kratom really kind of confuse me. It also seems that many people use such different amounts I don't even know what mine should be...
Many people are helped by Kratom! And.. there is a learning curve.
Sure... there is a large crowd, who buy kratom at the gas station to "get high". Which is fine I guess? But, If you're more serious about a treatment for depression, you'll prob need to just ignore that stuff... good luck!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
topnotch
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 pm
Re: Question/suggestions
Thank you so much for the great advice, I just tried 3 grams of a green strain and will see what happens in an hour!Slippy wrote:The only sure fire way of knowing your perfect dose is to experiment in small increments. For me personally 2 grams never did much of anything even when dosing top notch leaf. In terms of dosing 2 grams is one the small side.topnotch wrote:Thank you so much for that list, that's very helpful! How will I know if I'm taking too much is my concern? I did read headaches and other side effects can occur. I tried 2 grams and got very mild pain relief hardly any change in mood. The package just said Bali on it. The other time was another name but I don't remember. So I am hoping I'll find something that will help here.
My sweet spot is 4.5 gram doses. When I want to relax and get that extra euphoria feeling, I dose 6 grams. At 6 grams I do start to get the sedation feeling depending on the color of the leaf.
I've found lately that taking 3 grams and another 3 grams about an hour later helps with longer legs and makes me less sedated.
Kratom is an odd plant in the sense that one strain that works amazing for one person might not work for you, so the best advice I can give you is buy small samples at first and find your favorites.
I'd start at 3 grams, wait an hour and see how it effects you. If you feel like you need a little more then take another 2 grams, and see how you feel.
The best thing you can do is use our vendor list, but if you want top notch leaf, two vendors I can guarantee are fire are Lucky Herbals and Mitra Man, speaking from experience using them.
I also agree with the person who said to get a scale so you know exactly how much you're taking, that helped me find my perfect dosage a lot faster than eyeballing it.
As a general rule of thumb, whites = energy and are more stimulating, which some people find to "speedy", greens = more relaxing, with a nice mood lift, known to be "balanced", and reds are the most sedating, great for sleep and unwinding.
But as I stated everyone is effected differently, so experiment and come back and less us know how it went!