Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
-
MelancholyMusician
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:50 pm
Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
Hi everyone!
I’ve been lurking these boards & enjoying them for a little bit, but I’m still very new either way!
I was using on the weekends only (Saturday & Sunday, sometimes also Friday) only once per day (evenings), and it was really great...until it just sort of faded to oblivion.
I measure crudely, with 5-6 tsp full.
I even switched over to Tianeptine for a bit (again, weekends only), but started to just get kind of sick of it. So I’ve tried to learn the better vendors (Bennie & Mitra Man), and I’ve got my cabinets lined with helpers (PEA, cat’s claw, black seed, shilajit).
Yet, I just don’t know if there is any prayer to recapture that Kratom feel.
Thoughts? Advice? A link to the mechanics of a tolerance break (again I have 4 straight days off each week). Or maybe I just need to swallow this reality & find something new?
Thanks y’all! Your posts have been super helpful already!
I’ve been lurking these boards & enjoying them for a little bit, but I’m still very new either way!
I was using on the weekends only (Saturday & Sunday, sometimes also Friday) only once per day (evenings), and it was really great...until it just sort of faded to oblivion.
I measure crudely, with 5-6 tsp full.
I even switched over to Tianeptine for a bit (again, weekends only), but started to just get kind of sick of it. So I’ve tried to learn the better vendors (Bennie & Mitra Man), and I’ve got my cabinets lined with helpers (PEA, cat’s claw, black seed, shilajit).
Yet, I just don’t know if there is any prayer to recapture that Kratom feel.
Thoughts? Advice? A link to the mechanics of a tolerance break (again I have 4 straight days off each week). Or maybe I just need to swallow this reality & find something new?
Thanks y’all! Your posts have been super helpful already!
- psychonaut
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 am
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
Are you saying you take 5 to 6 teaspoons at once? That's a massive dose. Have you tried one or two teaspoons after your 4 day break?MelancholyMusician wrote:Hi everyone!
I was using on the weekends only (Saturday & Sunday, sometimes also Friday) only once per day (evenings), and it was really great...until it just sort of faded to oblivion.
I measure crudely, with 5-6 tsp full.
!
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4251&p=39826&hilit=Ltd#p39826
Please study this post and search "LTD" in the search bar^^^
5-6tsp is 3 or 4 times the amount you should need depending on your goal. From what I have gathered, when you surpass the ceiling effect amount, the antagonist alkaloids in kratom win and you experience the negative side effects of kratom. Hope this helps!
Please study this post and search "LTD" in the search bar^^^
5-6tsp is 3 or 4 times the amount you should need depending on your goal. From what I have gathered, when you surpass the ceiling effect amount, the antagonist alkaloids in kratom win and you experience the negative side effects of kratom. Hope this helps!
-K-Dawg
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
For me the lowest effective dose , which means at the lowest dose I can feel any effects is 2.5 grams but effects only last two hours and are very subtle. My ceiling dose is 5 grams at which point adding anything else won't make a difference and I get the best effects lasting 4 hours. I could probably take 3.5-3.8 grams and get decent effects lasting 4 hours. Also 5 grams is less than 2 tsp. Your dose would make most people barf.
-
mountainmango
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:46 pm
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
A long time lurker of many kratom forums, but thought I'd chime in as I've had trouble finding input from weekend only users in the past. I've been a weekend kratom user for almost 6 years now - here are my thoughts and experiences.
This is just an assumption, but I've always imagined that the level of acceptable effects for daily/regular users are different than for "weekend warriors." I imagine that when someone takes kratom frequently, they understand and expect that it won't be like their first time every day. Whereas, as a weekend user, I imagine you are looking for more of that honeymoon first-time experience every time. At least I am
. That's why I think most of the posts you may read about how even taking a few days off makes a big difference in tolerance doesn't really apply in this case.
In my experience, it's a balancing act between frequency and that "wow" factor, and you have to figure out the ideal spot for you. When I take kratom every Fri and Sat night, the experience quickly changes from that first-time amazing experience into a much more subtle (but still nice) feeling. It makes my nights better, happier and more relaxed. It kills any pain I have. But it is a lot more subtle and if you're comparing it to those first times you might not even notice. You really have to change your expectations. I've found that, at least for my body, taking kratom once every 2 weeks seems to keep it closer to that first-time experience. Again, it really comes down to what you are looking for and whether you want to be able to enjoy the more subtle effects every weekend or the more pronounced effects less regularly.
Finally, I've found that one month tolerance breaks can be sufficient to bring back something akin to that first-time experience, but tbh one month breaks have sometimes left me disappointed. On the other hand, a two month tolerance break has never failed me before. Obviously, if you're using tianeptine or another opioid agonist, it won't really be an effective tolerance break.
Hope that helps
This is just an assumption, but I've always imagined that the level of acceptable effects for daily/regular users are different than for "weekend warriors." I imagine that when someone takes kratom frequently, they understand and expect that it won't be like their first time every day. Whereas, as a weekend user, I imagine you are looking for more of that honeymoon first-time experience every time. At least I am
In my experience, it's a balancing act between frequency and that "wow" factor, and you have to figure out the ideal spot for you. When I take kratom every Fri and Sat night, the experience quickly changes from that first-time amazing experience into a much more subtle (but still nice) feeling. It makes my nights better, happier and more relaxed. It kills any pain I have. But it is a lot more subtle and if you're comparing it to those first times you might not even notice. You really have to change your expectations. I've found that, at least for my body, taking kratom once every 2 weeks seems to keep it closer to that first-time experience. Again, it really comes down to what you are looking for and whether you want to be able to enjoy the more subtle effects every weekend or the more pronounced effects less regularly.
Finally, I've found that one month tolerance breaks can be sufficient to bring back something akin to that first-time experience, but tbh one month breaks have sometimes left me disappointed. On the other hand, a two month tolerance break has never failed me before. Obviously, if you're using tianeptine or another opioid agonist, it won't really be an effective tolerance break.
Hope that helps
-
Slayro
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:14 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
I wanted to ask the same. By my calculations, 5-6 tsp is over 20g. That is a massive dose. At doses of this size, tolerance builds extremely quickly. I find that less is more, with kratom, so I'd also recommend jumping down to a couple of tsp.psychonaut wrote:Are you saying you take 5 to 6 teaspoons at once? That's a massive dose. Have you tried one or two teaspoons after your 4 day break?MelancholyMusician wrote:Hi everyone!
I was using on the weekends only (Saturday & Sunday, sometimes also Friday) only once per day (evenings), and it was really great...until it just sort of faded to oblivion.
I measure crudely, with 5-6 tsp full.
!
-
MelancholyMusician
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:50 pm
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
psychonaut wrote:Are you saying you take 5 to 6 teaspoons at once? That's a massive dose. Have you tried one or two teaspoons after your 4 day break?MelancholyMusician wrote:Hi everyone!
I was using on the weekends only (Saturday & Sunday, sometimes also Friday) only once per day (evenings), and it was really great...until it just sort of faded to oblivion.
I measure crudely, with 5-6 tsp full.
!
I appreciate your input! It’s funny, seeing the responses, I feel like the guy disclosing that he ingests 9-volt batteries to try & feel energized!
But it’s good - I needed that reality check.
-
MelancholyMusician
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:50 pm
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
Yes. It does help, and I think you offer your experiences thoughtfully. And I think you read my right: “where did that magical feeling go?”mountainmango wrote:A long time lurker of many kratom forums, but thought I'd chime in as I've had trouble finding input from weekend only users in the past. I've been a weekend kratom user for almost 6 years now - here are my thoughts and experiences.
This is just an assumption, but I've always imagined that the level of acceptable effects for daily/regular users are different than for "weekend warriors." I imagine that when someone takes kratom frequently, they understand and expect that it won't be like their first time every day. Whereas, as a weekend user, I imagine you are looking for more of that honeymoon first-time experience every time. At least I am. That's why I think most of the posts you may read about how even taking a few days off makes a big difference in tolerance doesn't really apply in this case.
In my experience, it's a balancing act between frequency and that "wow" factor, and you have to figure out the ideal spot for you. When I take kratom every Fri and Sat night, the experience quickly changes from that first-time amazing experience into a much more subtle (but still nice) feeling. It makes my nights better, happier and more relaxed. It kills any pain I have. But it is a lot more subtle and if you're comparing it to those first times you might not even notice. You really have to change your expectations. I've found that, at least for my body, taking kratom once every 2 weeks seems to keep it closer to that first-time experience. Again, it really comes down to what you are looking for and whether you want to be able to enjoy the more subtle effects every weekend or the more pronounced effects less regularly.
Finally, I've found that one month tolerance breaks can be sufficient to bring back something akin to that first-time experience, but tbh one month breaks have sometimes left me disappointed. On the other hand, a two month tolerance break has never failed me before. Obviously, if you're using tianeptine or another opioid agonist, it won't really be an effective tolerance break.
Hope that helps
Yes!
My biggest fear (and this is about as mild as it gets) is that I have used Kratom to get into a creative space (write music), and I loathe the thought of weeks & weeks of boredom & stagnant creativity.
Thanks again!!
-
MelancholyMusician
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:50 pm
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
That’s really helpful, and I’m fascinated by that thread. Admittedly, it’s hard to wrap my mind around lowering my dose helping.K-Dawg wrote:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4251&p=39826&hilit=Ltd#p39826
Please study this post and search "LTD" in the search bar^^^
5-6tsp is 3 or 4 times the amount you should need depending on your goal. From what I have gathered, when you surpass the ceiling effect amount, the antagonist alkaloids in kratom win and you experience the negative side effects of kratom. Hope this helps!
But - if I’m not feeling much anyway, what’s the harm in trying.
Thank you!
-
MelancholyMusician
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:50 pm
Re: Weekend Warrior & Tolerance
This seems to be the consensus. I’m drowning myself. It’s so hard to believe in “less is more” ... but looks like it’s time to try...psychonaut wrote:Are you saying you take 5 to 6 teaspoons at once? That's a massive dose. Have you tried one or two teaspoons after your 4 day break?MelancholyMusician wrote:Hi everyone!
I was using on the weekends only (Saturday & Sunday, sometimes also Friday) only once per day (evenings), and it was really great...until it just sort of faded to oblivion.
I measure crudely, with 5-6 tsp full.
!
Thank you!