Page 1 of 1

Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:31 pm
by Greyfeather
So in 2018 one our esteemed Democrat representatives tried to close down kratom and failed.

Now they are at it again. Per this link from ILK we are in trouble. https://www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-foru ... s-our-help

I sent a letter to rep Moylan. I don't know what else to do. :cry:

Sorry: here is a direct link to the Bill itself https://legiscan.com/IL/bill/HB5657/2019. They want to make kratom a schedule II substance, which is the same as banning it.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 pm
by mivanqua
Why o why don't these jackbooted thug shitbags just fuck off? Nobody is buying their "kratom kills and Suboxone is the new religion" rhetoric and they just can't stand making infinite profits instead of infinite +1 profits. Pretty disgusting that these fucks and us breathe the same air, to be perfectly honest. Sorry guys, i'm just getting so sick of this and they keep trying even though they keep losing. Not only are they liars and thieves, they are terrible sports which reflects on their parents. They lose the football game and these asswipes are demanding a rematch and whining that the first game that they lost doesn't count. Typical tyrannical power play over and over. The silver lining is that they are showing everyone who's running the show with their antics. I mean really, why are they so obsessed with a powdered LEAF? Hmmmmm...
I could go on and on but out of respect for my friends, you guys, I'll assume I've made my point. It just infuriates me. They WANT us all to be heroin and pill addicts! Too bad, low-lifes! You lost. Get over it.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:14 pm
by Greyfeather
Thanks mivanqua:

And this guy has a long record of introducing stuff that is actually helpful to many of us: bills that try to protect those of us who are most vulnerable. But he's a politician. Maybe a politician who takes money from Big Pharma.

It only took me a few minutes to write the guy a letter at [email protected]. I didn't beg, I didn't ask for tears - just the FACTS.

You don't have to be an Illinoisan to make a case. It would be awesome if folks could just send a PARAGRAPH in support. If another state goes down, and then another, the rest could fall like dominoes. This is not merely a town or a "county" now. This is another entire state.

Thanks.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 pm
by AppalachianHerbs
Not sure how mu ch good it'll do but I sent an email. It's the least that we can do. Hopefully this doesn't get much traction.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:59 pm
by Greyfeather
AppalachianHerbs wrote:Not sure how mu ch good it'll do but I sent an email. It's the least that we can do. Hopefully this doesn't get much traction.
OH DAMN, Appalachia!! It will make ALL the difference. This was the only way we were able to keep these dogs at bay two years ago; because of the pushback. Thank you X 1000!!

Please folks. Just a few minutes. Illinois may be a "flyover state", but how many presidents were born here/ started here (Lincoln, Reagan, Obama..)? Yeah, the rep is from Chicago (not MY town), and, c'mon - Chi Town has moved this country in directions for good AND bad in so many ways for so long.

Please just say/send something. We were all absolutely SHOCKED that this Midwestern state legalized weed (still unaffordable tho). The rest of Mid-America is looking at this legislation to get their own legal weed (and I see success in the future).

But they are demonizing something that means EVERYTHING to so many of us. We barely made it the last time (enough people pushed back). If we fall, this can be a national disaster. Please don't just sit by when a quick letter will add more heft to the push-back. Stop letting them control and humiliate us - please! Saying "Eh, it will be Ok" in 2016 has cost thousands of lives. A year from now I will probably lose access to the few doctors I have now. People my age who have worked hard all of their lives dream of some peace and a little bit of comfort. But I, and many others like me, am looking at Homelessness and no access to healthcare if we remain silent.

All of this just leads to depression and despair and giving up. And people who say "F-YOU, I've got mine" are becoming the majority because we are all alienated from each other ; we don't trust other people. Maybe we shouldn't. I wasn't blessed with children and my relatives can't wait for me to die so they can inherit EVERYTHING (which proves how ignorant they are because they are going to anyway). They don't even have to wait, the slobbering fools.

So many folks here have taken control of their own lives. So many of us have survived when they said we wouldn't. Don't let them take this away from us.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:31 am
by MycatTimmy
Hi Greyfeather. I know that this question is kind of dumb, but I want to help those folks in Illinois. I clicked on the first link to send an email supporting Kratom use but I couldn’t figure out how ! Help

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 am
by demafrost
It's interesting.... CBDKratom is a chain store that sells kratom (albeit at ridiculous prices). They now have 11 stores open in Illinois, including one in downtown Chicago where the rent isnt cheap. I think they have plans to open 2-3 more currently.

Not sure why I'm mentioning this, but its a decently sized company they are at risk of destroying if they banned kratom. I wonder if the owners are involved in the fight to stop this bill.

I'm a Illinois resident and I'll fight tooth and nail on this, but if they do ban it...might be a good time for me to stop. It's been a great addition to my life but I'd rather not risk running afoul of the law. I drove through Indiana on the way to Ohio for Christmas with kratom and I was sweating bullets the entire time. Actually forgot I had some until I crossed over the state line....not interested in dealing with that on a daily basis, especially if I have to drive to like Michigan to pick up kratom (because its illegal in Wisconsin and Indiana). Guess I would go with the vice that Illinois is ok with and visit the cannabis dispensaries :)

But anyways, I think (hope) we are a long way from this becoming realistic. Right now the focus is on fighting

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:46 am
by demafrost
Greyfeather wrote:
AppalachianHerbs wrote:Not sure how mu ch good it'll do but I sent an email. It's the least that we can do. Hopefully this doesn't get much traction.
OH DAMN, Appalachia!! It will make ALL the difference. This was the only way we were able to keep these dogs at bay two years ago; because of the pushback. Thank you X 1000!!

Please folks. Just a few minutes. Illinois may be a "flyover state", but how many presidents were born here/ started here (Lincoln, Reagan, Obama..)? Yeah, the rep is from Chicago (not MY town), and, c'mon - Chi Town has moved this country in directions for good AND bad in so many ways for so long.

Please just say/send something. We were all absolutely SHOCKED that this Midwestern state legalized weed (still unaffordable tho). The rest of Mid-America is looking at this legislation to get their own legal weed (and I see success in the future).

But they are demonizing something that means EVERYTHING to so many of us. We barely made it the last time (enough people pushed back). If we fall, this can be a national disaster. Please don't just sit by when a quick letter will add more heft to the push-back. Stop letting them control and humiliate us - please! Saying "Eh, it will be Ok" in 2016 has cost thousands of lives. A year from now I will probably lose access to the few doctors I have now. People my age who have worked hard all of their lives dream of some peace and a little bit of comfort. But I, and many others like me, am looking at Homelessness and no access to healthcare if we remain silent.

All of this just leads to depression and despair and giving up. And people who say "F-YOU, I've got mine" are becoming the majority because we are all alienated from each other ; we don't trust other people. Maybe we shouldn't. I wasn't blessed with children and my relatives can't wait for me to die so they can inherit EVERYTHING (which proves how ignorant they are because they are going to anyway). They don't even have to wait, the slobbering fools.

So many folks here have taken control of their own lives. So many of us have survived when they said we wouldn't. Don't let them take this away from us.
Would be crazy if they legalized pot but banned kratom in the same year. Mixed messages. Pritzker is ok with allowing us to have vices like pot and sports betting if there is revenue to be earned, but if anything they may look at kratom as competition for pot. One makes them money, the other doesnt.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:23 pm
by Greyfeather
Hey MyCatTimmy! Thanks so much. Clicking on his address will open your gmail client if you have one. You may not have one. Maybe your e-mail is through your server (comcast, U-Vers, etc).

In that case, just copy/past the [email protected]. position your cursor just in front of "state" then hold down the "left click" part of your mouse and slide it over the entire address. The address will light up (blue). Then right click. a little window will open up that gives you a "copy" option. Then just go to your own e-mail page; position the cursor on the "address" line, right click again. A window will open so that you can click on "paste" and the address will appear. Just add something to the Subject line like "Don' Schedule Kratom" and then write your letter.

I don' write very good computer instructions - I'm sorry. If I can try to make it more clear, I'll be happy to :D

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:52 pm
by Greyfeather
demafrost wrote:It's interesting.... CBDKratom is a chain store that sells kratom (albeit at ridiculous prices). They now have 11 stores open in Illinois, including one in downtown Chicago where the rent isnt cheap. I think they have plans to open 2-3 more currently.

Not sure why I'm mentioning this, but its a decently sized company they are at risk of destroying if they banned kratom. I wonder if the owners are involved in the fight to stop this bill.

I'm a Illinois resident and I'll fight tooth and nail on this, but if they do ban it...might be a good time for me to stop. It's been a great addition to my life but I'd rather not risk running afoul of the law. I drove through Indiana on the way to Ohio for Christmas with kratom and I was sweating bullets the entire time. Actually forgot I had some until I crossed over the state line....not interested in dealing with that on a daily basis, especially if I have to drive to like Michigan to pick up kratom (because its illegal in Wisconsin and Indiana). Guess I would go with the vice that Illinois is ok with and visit the cannabis dispensaries :)

But anyways, I think (hope) we are a long way from this becoming realistic. Right now the focus is on fighting
I have been spending the day looking at rep, Marty Moylan of Des Plaines, IL. In fact I watched a video of him https://youtu.be/98DelSp5j90 (not sure if the link will work on this forum - it is a simple youtube viddy). The guy may be a Democrat is he is Mad Crazy about the Devil's Lettuce. I think it's safe to say that he did NOT support legal weed and, although sales are legal in Des Plaines, I do not see a single dispensary listed in that town. The guy looks and sounds like a maniac and now I'm just a liiiiiitle less frightened. But the legislative activity is THERE and I won't rest until this shit is over.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:02 pm
by BallzDeep9

Code: Select all

Section 10. The Kratom Control Act is repealed.
I know nothing about Illinois State Law.. what is the 'Kratom Control Act' ? When did that become Law in IL?? :geek:

Notice this Bill has.. ZERO sponsors. :D Looks like 1 guy is running it up the flagpole there? Bills usually need 'Bipartisan Support' to go anywhere...

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:23 pm
by GrannyJ62
DONE"

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am
by Greyfeather
GrannyJ62 wrote:DONE"

Thank you Granny :)

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:21 am
by Greyfeather
BallzDeep9 wrote:

Code: Select all

Section 10. The Kratom Control Act is repealed.
I know nothing about Illinois State Law.. what is the 'Kratom Control Act' ? When did that become Law in IL?? :geek:

Notice this Bill has.. ZERO sponsors. :D Looks like 1 guy is running it up the flagpole there? Bills usually need 'Bipartisan Support' to go anywhere...
The Kratom Control Act (eff. 1/1/15) Makes the use of and sale to anyone in Illinois under the age of 18 punishable.
Two of our towns - Jerseyville and Alton are already banned entirely.

And your points do seen convincing. Then again, I don't think many of us were prepared for the outcome of the 2016 election. I know that I started drinking again on November 9th :cry:

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:06 am
by pray4peace4
I see that here's a Democrat-controlled state & they're trying to ban kratom. Why don't I hear complaints about how evil the Democrats are, or do those of you who complain about evil Republicans being on a warpath against kratom don't apply the same standards to your own party?

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:17 am
by Greyfeather
pray4peace4 wrote:I see that here's a Democrat-controlled state & they're trying to ban kratom. Why don't I hear complaints about how evil the Democrats are, or do those of you who complain about evil Republicans being on a warpath against kratom don't apply the same standards to your own party?
I think I'll pass on this one: Except to say that, personally, I would like to see a strong viable third party succeed in the U.S.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:47 am
by Dale_Tisane
Thank you so much to those of you that try and fight this. I literally just purchased a property in Illinois and I'm very upset about this. I'm still in Iowa currently but like many others this will hurt my quality of life immensely.

Re: Trouble in Illinois

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:01 am
by Dale_Tisane
Greyfeather wrote:
demafrost wrote:It's interesting.... CBDKratom is a chain store that sells kratom (albeit at ridiculous prices). They now have 11 stores open in Illinois, including one in downtown Chicago where the rent isnt cheap. I think they have plans to open 2-3 more currently.

Not sure why I'm mentioning this, but its a decently sized company they are at risk of destroying if they banned kratom. I wonder if the owners are involved in the fight to stop this bill.

I'm a Illinois resident and I'll fight tooth and nail on this, but if they do ban it...might be a good time for me to stop. It's been a great addition to my life but I'd rather not risk running afoul of the law. I drove through Indiana on the way to Ohio for Christmas with kratom and I was sweating bullets the entire time. Actually forgot I had some until I crossed over the state line....not interested in dealing with that on a daily basis, especially if I have to drive to like Michigan to pick up kratom (because its illegal in Wisconsin and Indiana). Guess I would go with the vice that Illinois is ok with and visit the cannabis dispensaries :)

But anyways, I think (hope) we are a long way from this becoming realistic. Right now the focus is on fighting
I have been spending the day looking at rep, Marty Moylan of Des Plaines, IL. In fact I watched a video of him https://youtu.be/98DelSp5j90 (not sure if the link will work on this forum - it is a simple youtube viddy). The guy may be a Democrat is he is Mad Crazy about the Devil's Lettuce. I think it's safe to say that he did NOT support legal weed and, although sales are legal in Des Plaines, I do not see a single dispensary listed in that town. The guy looks and sounds like a maniac and now I'm just a liiiiiitle less frightened. But the legislative activity is THERE and I won't rest until this shit is over.
It realllly makes my blood boil people this ignorant are still around in 2020. I wish there was another email we could write to that's not this fucking guy.