Mixing strains?
-
Mallen512000
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 am
Mixing strains?
I have a nice supply of different batches from different vendors and it’s safe to say that some are absolutely perfect for me, and some don’t have any effects whatsoever. I’m hearing about mixing strains and I’m curious if I should only mix what’s considered a red with a green, white with green, and so on, or does it enhance a red by mixing with another red? And, I understand that the strains listed aren’t necessarily the type of leaf. That if I have a white for instance, that’s listed as so because of the speed it is considered to be. I’ve been using Kratom for a year consistently and learning more and more of the benefits it can offer me. The “dud” batches I have are just sitting on my shelf getting dusty while I’m breezing through the ones I love. Any suggestions?
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Mixing strains?
I mix effects with effects....the colors aren't always And sometimes not at all relevant. Just depends on my needs in that moment!Mallen512000 wrote:I have a nice supply of different batches from different vendors and it’s safe to say that some are absolutely perfect for me, and some don’t have any effects whatsoever. I’m hearing about mixing strains and I’m curious if I should only mix what’s considered a red with a green, white with green, and so on, or does it enhance a red by mixing with another red? And, I understand that the strains listed aren’t necessarily the type of leaf. That if I have a white for instance, that’s listed as so because of the speed it is considered to be. I’ve been using Kratom for a year consistently and learning more and more of the benefits it can offer me. The “dud” batches I have are just sitting on my shelf getting dusty while I’m breezing through the ones I love. Any suggestions?
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Mixing strains?
What I've found is just experiment. Some strains mix good with others, you can slow stuff down or speed it up blending. But also seems like vendors have already basically created a solid blend when they made each strain usually. Some sites show how they mix their blends example 70%red 30% white or vice versa.
-
MycatTimmy
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 517
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Mixing strains?
Hi everyone. When I get a new batch I try each one individually so I know what effects it has. I go for different effects depending on how I feel, time of day etc. But I find that testing each one by itself first gives me the best way to go. I also have a bunch of “duds” but I find that mixing them with something else sometimes brings out the best in it
-
ba2000
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:42 pm
Re: Mixing strains?
The only time I don't mix is when I'm trying a new strain. I mostly do greens with red or golds (usually means a green+red/white mix) for better full spectrum effects, but also to keep my strain/per dose volume down. I take 1.4 g/dose, so it's only .7g per strain and only repeated once a week. Ever since I started doing this I only have 1.5 g of any one strain per week and my sensitivity to each has gone way up. There are of a few of my all time faves that I thought I had used up and were dead to me that are back in rotation now.
-
Mallen512000
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 am
Re: Mixing strains?
Good information, thanks so much for your input!