Page 1 of 1

New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestions

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:53 pm
by tremach
So I've been using kratom on and off for a couple months. Only 1 brand though and that was from a local smoke shop. Boosted brand. I like it and the effects from the Red Bali and the Green Maeng Da are great, only problem is it destroys my stomach or gall bladder, not sure. It just hurts like hell and I think gave me an ulcer at one point. I'm not sure if this is because of the brand or if it's a bad powder or what.

I'm just trying to figure out the best/fastest way to consume this stuff without too much work I've seen a lot of recipes for tea and some say boil it while I've also read that boiling destroys it. I tried the O.P.M.S. extract and that was decent with no side effect just not worth the price. I'm looking for a reputable vendor with really good red bali. That gives me great sedative effects, euphoria and pain relief. Thanks.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm
by herbalhippie
Hi, I'm glad you found us and welcome!

Kratom tears up my stomach too. Because of this, I take 1 famotidine every morning. Used to be Zantac or Tagamet but those are hard to find these days where I am. I also take chewy antacids occasionally and always two before bedtime.

The way I take kratom is to heat up about an inch or two of water in the microwave, stir in the kratom, add enough cool water to not burn my mouth and throat and toss it down. Follow with a glass of water.

I'm sure you'll get lots of recommendations for good vendors. I'm not buying currently so can't say.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:22 pm
by BallzDeep9
tremach wrote:... only problem is it destroys my stomach or gall bladder, not sure. It just hurts like hell and I think gave me an ulcer at one point. I'm not sure if this is because of the brand or if it's a bad powder or what.
Very Important! Use the ( Search Bar ) here, and search on the word Pylori :shock:

QUOTE: I recently recovered from the most painful experience of my life and that was an extremely intense and painful GI ulcer induced by H Pylori found in kratom. // READ THIS !!! :o

You must STOP taking kratom immediately. Many people in USA can't handle the bacteria found in raw, bulk, Indonesian kratom powder. It's like before you travel to Mexico, you visit a travel health clinics for vaccination, to prevent sickness from drinking the water. Have you ever traveled outside the USA?

I recommend, ALWAYS boil your kratom powder first! But... people are stupid. Not your fault, you didn't know. Read about the Red Bubble. Read about stuff, before putting anything into your body. Just because a friend, did something & it was OK - doesn't mean it's OK for you ?? This is even MORE important, right now - Bad time for getting sick. NOW - you'd better Google h Pylori stomach ulcer, and figure out what to do / based on your Age, location, local situation, etc. Good luck.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm
by tremach
BallzDeep9 wrote:Very Important! Use the ( Search Bar ) here, and search on the word Pylori :shock:

QUOTE: I recently recovered from the most painful experience of my life and that was an extremely intense and painful GI ulcer induced by H Pylori found in kratom. // READ THIS !!! :o

You must STOP taking kratom immediately. Many people in USA can't handle the bacteria found in raw, bulk, Indonesian kratom powder. It's like before you travel to Mexico, you visit a travel health clinics for vaccination, to prevent sickness from drinking the water. Have you ever traveled outside the USA?

I recommend, ALWAYS boil your kratom powder first! But... people are stupid. Not your fault, you didn't know. Read about the Red Bubble. Read about stuff, before putting anything into your body. Just because a friend, did something & it was OK - doesn't mean it's OK for you ?? This is even MORE important, right now - Bad time for getting sick. NOW - you'd better Google h Pylori stomach ulcer, and figure out what to do / based on your Age, location, local situation, etc. Good luck.
Wow, that sounds like it. I actually had it on Xmas eve and it was debilitating. I couldn't eat certain things for weeks. It's better now though. Still makes me hesitant to take kratom that's why I've only been doing it once a week. Guess I'll be boiling it from now on if it's just a bacteria in the powder. I've tried to red bubble thing and it didn't actually work for me. Had no effect or maybe just didn't use enough powder. Just tried with my regular dosage and had no effect.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:39 pm
by Greyfeather
BallzDeep9 wrote:
tremach wrote:... only problem is it destroys my stomach or gall bladder, not sure. It just hurts like hell and I think gave me an ulcer at one point. I'm not sure if this is because of the brand or if it's a bad powder or what.
Very Important! Use the ( Search Bar ) here, and search on the word Pylori :shock:

QUOTE: I recently recovered from the most painful experience of my life and that was an extremely intense and painful GI ulcer induced by H Pylori found in kratom. // READ THIS !!! :o

You must STOP taking kratom immediately. Many people in USA can't handle the bacteria found in raw, bulk, Indonesian kratom powder. It's like before you travel to Mexico, you visit a travel health clinics for vaccination, to prevent sickness from drinking the water. Have you ever traveled outside the USA?

I recommend, ALWAYS boil your kratom powder first! But... people are stupid. Not your fault, you didn't know. Read about the Red Bubble. Read about stuff, before putting anything into your body. Just because a friend, did something & it was OK - doesn't mean it's OK for you ?? This is even MORE important, right now - Bad time for getting sick. NOW - you'd better Google h Pylori stomach ulcer, and figure out what to do / based on your Age, location, local situation, etc. Good luck.

Hey Ballz!

Didn't you recently invest in an Aeropress for making kratom tea? Do you still like this method?

And I was wondering about French Press coffee makers too. I have used those before. Would you recommend those as well? When it comes to the Aeropress, I guess I just don't want to have to keep buying the filters (or worry about not being able to get them :? )

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:49 pm
by acejestyr15
Greyfeather wrote:
BallzDeep9 wrote:
tremach wrote:... only problem is it destroys my stomach or gall bladder, not sure. It just hurts like hell and I think gave me an ulcer at one point. I'm not sure if this is because of the brand or if it's a bad powder or what.
Very Important! Use the ( Search Bar ) here, and search on the word Pylori :shock:

QUOTE: I recently recovered from the most painful experience of my life and that was an extremely intense and painful GI ulcer induced by H Pylori found in kratom. // READ THIS !!! :o

You must STOP taking kratom immediately. Many people in USA can't handle the bacteria found in raw, bulk, Indonesian kratom powder. It's like before you travel to Mexico, you visit a travel health clinics for vaccination, to prevent sickness from drinking the water. Have you ever traveled outside the USA?

I recommend, ALWAYS boil your kratom powder first! But... people are stupid. Not your fault, you didn't know. Read about the Red Bubble. Read about stuff, before putting anything into your body. Just because a friend, did something & it was OK - doesn't mean it's OK for you ?? This is even MORE important, right now - Bad time for getting sick. NOW - you'd better Google h Pylori stomach ulcer, and figure out what to do / based on your Age, location, local situation, etc. Good luck.

Hey Ballz!

Didn't you recently invest in an Aeropress for making kratom tea? Do you still like this method?

And I was wondering about French Press coffee makers too. I have used those before. Would you recommend those as well? When it comes to the Aeropress, I guess I just don't want to have to keep buying the filters (or worry about not being able to get them :? )
Myself and other use a stainless steel washable filter for aero press ...

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:01 am
by Sneakers
If its h. pylori/there's a bacteria that aggravates your stomach, then the previous advice about boiling is probably the only thing you can do. That really sucks though, I've never had a problem with kratom but I took maca powder once and was in agony. I never took it again after that experience so you're brave to want to continue.

I had gallbladder issues and had my gallbladder taken out. That feeling is pain (sharp or dull) on the right lower part of your stomach, typically radiating to the back. That usually only got aggravated when I ate greasy or fatty foods. If the kratom is causing gallbladder issues, I have no idea what you could do. Typically I would use digestive enzymes for food but I don't know what it would do for kratom.

If its some sort of acid problem, you'll often feel it higher up in the stomach or in the whole stomach. You could try antacids or baking soda with it.

If its general abdominal distress, you could use apple cider vinegar or even eat some ginger with it.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:40 am
by fusedflora
I agree with the above. Like Sneakers, I've had my gallbladder removed and find that tea/red bubble is much easier on my stomach. I feel less tightness/pain and my bowel movements aren't as hard as diamonds since I made the switch.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm
by tremach
Thanks guys. So I tried the tea method again last night. Put about 8oz of water and 1 1/2 teaspoons in a pot and brought it to a boil and let it simmer there for roughly 15-20 minutes. I then put it in this coffee cup/aeropress that I have with a coffee filter and the results were a nice honey golden tea with no plant matter. I didn't have any stomach issues at all and it was actually the best experience I had so far with kratom. Definitely worth the extra time/effort it takes.

I wish I had known this all along. I did a lot of research before I actually tried kratom and not once did I see H. Pylori mentioned. That has to be what I experienced. I had to be on PPIs for a month and barely eat. It was terrible. I still might be struggling with it because when I eat certain foods my stomach gives me trouble with things I've never had trouble with before, like fried chicken. I thought it was due to stress. ER visit didn't actually find anything wrong with my stomach after lots of tests but I never did a stool sample. I tempted to get tested for it.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:44 pm
by herbalhippie
My doc had me tested for h.pylori when I first settled in to having stomach problems all the time.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
acejestyr15 wrote:Myself and other use a stainless steel washable filter for aero press ...
Which filter? The paper ones which come with the press aren't that great for kratom.

Do you have an Amazon link?

The Instant Pot makes even old dry kratom into a tasty, delicious sipping tea, but I haven't gotten it to a potent drink yet, lol. Still xperimenting.

I find I use the kite shaped oblates the most.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:43 pm
by acejestyr15
IndelibleDotInk wrote:
acejestyr15 wrote:Myself and other use a stainless steel washable filter for aero press ...
Which filter? The paper ones which come with the press aren't that great for kratom.

Do you have an Amazon link?

The Instant Pot makes even old dry kratom into a tasty, delicious sipping tea, but I haven't gotten it to a potent drink yet, lol. Still xperimenting.

I find I use the kite shaped oblates the most.
Metal Filters for the AeroPress - ameuus Stainless Steel Reusable Filter - o1/o2 Combo - Bonus Drying Stand & Carrying Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MB6M2RP/re ... EEbSAYADKV

The o1 filter is great for CL and the o2 combo filters are the best I've found for powder by far!!!

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
Thanks Ace and your freaky tea posse!

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:36 pm
by BallzDeep9
acejestyr15 wrote:Metal Filters for the AeroPress -
Yep. Stainless Steel filters here too.. I got this Bean N Leaf filter. Works great for crushed OR powder! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M5B6BVN/

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:09 am
by BobDylanKratom
Cool. I didn’t see all those filter options when I got my Aeropress (thanks to Ace’s recommendation). I wound up getting this one ("Altura The Mesh: Premium Filter For Aeropress Coffee Makers”):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JV ... UTF8&psc=1

So far it works great. I haven’t used the Aeropress a lot, but when I do its easy and quick and gives my stomach a nice break. A worthy investment if you’re having stomach problems or just want to mix up your ROA occasionally.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:43 am
by Sneakers
tremach wrote:Thanks guys. So I tried the tea method again last night. Put about 8oz of water and 1 1/2 teaspoons in a pot and brought it to a boil and let it simmer there for roughly 15-20 minutes. I then put it in this coffee cup/aeropress that I have with a coffee filter and the results were a nice honey golden tea with no plant matter. I didn't have any stomach issues at all and it was actually the best experience I had so far with kratom. Definitely worth the extra time/effort it takes.

I wish I had known this all along. I did a lot of research before I actually tried kratom and not once did I see H. Pylori mentioned. That has to be what I experienced. I had to be on PPIs for a month and barely eat. It was terrible. I still might be struggling with it because when I eat certain foods my stomach gives me trouble with things I've never had trouble with before, like fried chicken. I thought it was due to stress. ER visit didn't actually find anything wrong with my stomach after lots of tests but I never did a stool sample. I tempted to get tested for it.
Id do some stuff to try to repair your stomach a bit. You could try probiotics...if you get a good one you'll actually notice a difference. Yogurts and kefirs are good as well. I make my own kombucha and water kefir and it keeps you regular...these things are loaded with good bacteria. Another thing is to make sure that you're digesting food well. You could get a betaine hcl supplement and take them with food for a week or two, it will help take stress off your stomach and let it mend. Now that I think about it, PPIs mess up your acid system so the betaine hcl (stomach acid supplement) is a really good idea and its cheap.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:08 pm
by Marcussk
As soon as pay day comes I'm investing in a aeropress and a few things.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:00 pm
by WeAllFloatHere7
BallzDeep9 wrote:
tremach wrote:... only problem is it destroys my stomach or gall bladder, not sure. It just hurts like hell and I think gave me an ulcer at one point. I'm not sure if this is because of the brand or if it's a bad powder or what.
Very Important! Use the ( Search Bar ) here, and search on the word Pylori :shock:

QUOTE: I recently recovered from the most painful experience of my life and that was an extremely intense and painful GI ulcer induced by H Pylori found in kratom. // READ THIS !!! :o

You must STOP taking kratom immediately. Many people in USA can't handle the bacteria found in raw, bulk, Indonesian kratom powder. It's like before you travel to Mexico, you visit a travel health clinics for vaccination, to prevent sickness from drinking the water. Have you ever traveled outside the USA?

I recommend, ALWAYS boil your kratom powder first! But... people are stupid. Not your fault, you didn't know. Read about the Red Bubble. Read about stuff, before putting anything into your body. Just because a friend, did something & it was OK - doesn't mean it's OK for you ?? This is even MORE important, right now - Bad time for getting sick. NOW - you'd better Google h Pylori stomach ulcer, and figure out what to do / based on your Age, location, local situation, etc. Good luck.
Hey brotha, do you have any links for stuff about this that I should read? I've been having stomach issues for awhile (like months) and haven't been able to figure out exactly what it is. Tried probiotics, aloe, enzymes, even went as far as a 2 week omeprozole run (which helped a LOT) but it hasn't gotten completely sorted. I've never heard of this particular bacteria. I've used kratom daily since 2016 with little breaks here and there for tolerance, but have never had issues like I do now. My stomach isn't THAT bad and I probably eat bigger meals than I should due to my weird retail schedule and bodybuilding, but I just have to get this figured out. I've been thinking it could be candida overgrowth and was about to try to combat it but now you've got me interested in checking for this bacteria growth. I've read a lot of your posts and you've been right many times from what I've seen, so I'd really value sources you deem fit. Thanks

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:46 pm
by herbalhippie
WeAllFloatHere7 wrote: even went as far as a 2 week omeprozole run (which helped a LOT) but it hasn't gotten completely sorted.
Kratom is VERY acidic. I tested my dose one day and it was something like ph 2.2

In my opinion, the fact that omeprazole helped means you need to look into taking something like famotidine every day, like I do. I went from Tagamet, to Zantact to famotidine. I don't know if it's true but a pharmacist told me that these acid reducers/controllers are getting safer with each new one they come up with. I take one once a day in the morning when I get up and occasionally take a chewy antacid later in the day or at bedtime if needed.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:50 pm
by Marcussk
I'm so glad kratom doesn't hurt my stomach. But after I read this thread and then some of Ballz threads I have started to use my ninja coffee maker to sterilize every dose before I take it.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 am
by Greyfeather
Kratom is VERY acidic. I tested my dose one day and it was something like ph 2.2

In my opinion, the fact that omeprazole helped means you need to look into taking something like famotidine every day, like I do. I went from Tagamet, to Zantact to famotidine. I don't know if it's true but a pharmacist told me that these acid reducers/controllers are getting safer with each new one they come up with. I take one once a day in the morning when I get up and occasionally take a chewy antacid later in the day or at bedtime if needed.
Wow. I didn't know that. No wonder I have stomach acid when I wake up. I have been starting the day with Ranitidine. Famotidine just won't work for me :?

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:23 am
by Greyfeather
Marcussk wrote:I'm so glad kratom doesn't hurt my stomach. But after I read this thread and then some of Ballz threads I have started to use my ninja coffee maker to sterilize every dose before I take it.

I just googled ninja coffee maker. Good grief! How do they justify charging so much for those? Will it do my laundry too? :lol:

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:23 am
by CatfatherB
[quote="Greyfeather"

Wow. I didn't know that. No wonder I have stomach acid when I wake up. I have been starting the day with Ranitidine. Famotidine just won't work for me :?[/quote]


Be warned taking ranitidine, a lot of people that used that have a lawsuit claiming it gave them cancer...I thought it all got recalled? They don't have it where I live anymore... :geek:

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:08 am
by acejestyr15
Greyfeather wrote:
Marcussk wrote:I'm so glad kratom doesn't hurt my stomach. But after I read this thread and then some of Ballz threads I have started to use my ninja coffee maker to sterilize every dose before I take it.

I just googled ninja coffee maker. Good grief! How do they justify charging so much for those? Will it do my laundry too? :lol:
Aero press is the greatest thing ever created... And def best bang for the buck IMHO!!

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 am
by Marcussk
acejestyr15 wrote:
Greyfeather wrote:
I just googled ninja coffee maker. Good grief! How do they justify charging so much for those? Will it do my laundry too? :lol:
Aero press is the greatest thing ever created... And def best bang for the buck IMHO!!
I'm not going to lie, my brother got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. It is pretty awesome though, makes a good cup of coffee .

Nonetheless I am going to get a aeropress acejestyr15, git it in my wishlist. I'll either get it this payday or next, I got to see how things work out.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 am
by Greyfeather
Marcussk wrote:
acejestyr15 wrote:
Greyfeather wrote:
I just googled ninja coffee maker. Good grief! How do they justify charging so much for those? Will it do my laundry too? :lol:
Aero press is the greatest thing ever created... And def best bang for the buck IMHO!!
I'm not going to lie, my brother got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. It is pretty awesome though, makes a good cup of coffee .

Nonetheless I am going to get a aeropress acejestyr15, git it in my wishlist. I'll either get it this payday or next, I got to see how things work out.
Hey, gifts are good; a wonderful way to try something nice. And the ninja IS quite sharp looking ;)

I still can't decide between the aeropress and the old French press. I can make more at one time with the latter and refrigerate. I was looking at some old recipes for tea on reddit and not a single one included lemon juice. That seemed really odd. As I understand, acid is vital when it comes to freeing the alkaloids :? Pretty sure I have seen more up-to-date recipes here on MM.

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 am
by acejestyr15
Greyfeather wrote:
Hey, gifts are good; a wonderful way to try something nice. And the ninja IS quite sharp looking ;)

I still can't decide between the aeropress and the old French press. I can make more at one time with the latter and refrigerate. I was looking at some old recipes for tea on reddit and not a single one included lemon juice. That seemed really odd. As I understand, acid is vital when it comes to freeing the alkaloids :? Pretty sure I have seen more up-to-date recipes here on MM.
CHECK IT OUT!!!Coincidentally I was in process of finally posting this......

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4847

Re: New here, question about stomach pain, vendor suggestion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:23 pm
by Marcussk
acejestyr15 wrote:
Greyfeather wrote:
Hey, gifts are good; a wonderful way to try something nice. And the ninja IS quite sharp looking ;)

I still can't decide between the aeropress and the old French press. I can make more at one time with the latter and refrigerate. I was looking at some old recipes for tea on reddit and not a single one included lemon juice. That seemed really odd. As I understand, acid is vital when it comes to freeing the alkaloids :? Pretty sure I have seen more up-to-date recipes here on MM.
CHECK IT OUT!!!Coincidentally I was in process of finally posting this......

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4847
I just left a comment on that :lol: I probably won't use the aeropress for coffee, but I can get behind some good kratom tea.