Page 1 of 1

Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:01 am
by FartBlaster
So I saw something about this, can anyone chime in about if this is a credible threat? I'm concerned our govt may use the current crisis to pass laws or threaten our rights very quietly and unnoticed.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am
by Marcussk
FartBlaster wrote:So I saw something about this, can anyone chime in about if this is a credible threat? I'm concerned our govt may use the current crisis to pass laws or threaten our rights very quietly and unnoticed.
I've heard that it is an AKA cash grab, but as corrupt as the FDA is it wouldn't surprise me.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:34 pm
by BallzDeep9
Bullshit. Fake News. Fear Mongering, to raise money off ignorant people in time of crisis. What could be LOWER than that??

Start with... The FDA does NOT have the power to 'BAN' anything. Period. :evil:

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:50 pm
by herbalhippie
The FDA is so busy I saw somewhere they aren't even doing some kind of food checks right now.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:39 am
by Sneakers
Ballz is right, I didn't catch that. Its the DEA that schedules, not the FDA. The FDA regulates supplements and would be the ones enforcing that you can't claim that a product cures a disease and stuff like that.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:32 pm
by CatfatherB
Okay, so I watched the AKA webinar and from what Mac Haddow said, they are trying to circulate in Washington a bill that make the kcpa federal and one of the senators who is a sponsor of the bill is trying to get co signers, so he had to get a statement from the FDA regarding kratom and from what the senator claims is the FDA is certain that they have finally convinced the DEA to go ahead and schedule kratom. :geek:

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:27 am
by aqtgirly4u
The FDA has a lot of influence over the DEA. This was the issue last time they tried to ban; DEA relied almost entirely on the data, science and recommendations provided them by FDA. Don't kid yourself, complacency will not end well for Kratom users.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:20 am
by CatfatherB
Well, Haddow's webinar convinced me enough to donate, I'm not telling any of you to do the same, there are other things we could do to help... hopefully, if it's not already a done deal. :?

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:53 am
by Marcussk
I saw the way they took on vaping, with misleading if not outright false claims and data. I wouldn't put it past them to do shady stuff with kratom.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:38 pm
by mivanqua
Marcussk wrote:I saw the way they took on vaping, with misleading if not outright false claims and data. I wouldn't put it past them to do shady stuff with kratom.
...does the government know any other way? Haha! I'm joking, but seriously. The fact that they have ALL the power and money and do whatever they want with impunity ISN'T ENOUGH! They want a little bit MORE. They wanna run YOUR life, too. Adorable, aren't they?

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:21 pm
by Marcussk
mivanqua wrote:
Marcussk wrote:I saw the way they took on vaping, with misleading if not outright false claims and data. I wouldn't put it past them to do shady stuff with kratom.
...does the government know any other way? Haha! I'm joking, but seriously. The fact that they have ALL the power and money and do whatever they want with impunity ISN'T ENOUGH! They want a little bit MORE. They wanna run YOUR life, too. Adorable, aren't they?
Yep they have to control how you spend your money and what you take to slowly kill yourself with. The only safer alternatives allowed are ones that either dont work or are in reality worse.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:55 pm
by BallzDeep9
CatfatherB wrote:Haddow's webinar convinced me enough to donate, I'm not telling any of you to do the same,
Really? I didn't see a single bit of proof, of their story about a big Emergency scheduling of kratom? Haddow spent half the webinar, complaining about critics of AKA - like he wants blind support, with no questions?

Where's ANY statement, from FDA?? Nothing. Haddow claims someone overheard a "Congressional Staffer" say, that someone from FDA said, that they want to make kratom illegal. Wow. That's the big "Emergency" ?? That's the same, repeat, the same, thing FDA has been saying for the past 2 Years. :roll:

Hey support & donate whatever. It's your money. We all should look carefully, at where we donate our money... I see ASPCA is running new TV commercials, showing poor starving dogs in cages. With soft music in the background...

Charity is Big Business. Taking advantage of ignorant people, pushing emotional TV commercials (only .63 cents a Day!), pushing Fake News and false rumors with no proof, and fear mongering for money... That's now the Business works.

OH, yes and the Anti Government BS narrative. (uhhh but OUR government is By The People? Are you Anti people?).. and instead, trusting Private Big Business to do the right thing. Those good folks at ASPCA don't really get $200,000 salary checks... do they? Those BIG kratom vendors don't really sell kratom for $20 per Ounce... do they? :shock:

Look, I'm nobody. I've got my kratom. My stash was bought at around $2 per ounce lol :lol:, And it's the best quality. I don't need to start any bullshit with AKA... Mac Haddow spends half his webinar, bitching about anyone who complains about Fear Mongering for CASH. Yes I have a problem with their BS fake panic Emails.. I don't buy their trip to Indonesia (financed by Big Vendors, he admitted,) in attempt to control Kratom exports. I don't buy their KCPA bullshit which allows vendors to sue vendors, and would drive kratom prices to $20 per Ounce.

You want $20 per Ounce kratom? You want ONLY the Big Business folks, to sell kratom? You want ALL vendors on this BB, to disappear? Then by all means.... Donate to AKA. That's what their KCPA would mean, to kratom, and to vendors here on MM. 8-)

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:35 pm
by CatfatherB
I guess it would depend on who you trust more...the AKA=Lawyers or the government=also lawyers...I'll say I've heard plenty of shit from both sides. So could KCPA regulation stop the vendors here at double M? It hasn't hasn't yet! Could the government ban kratom in the next 30 days? They haven't yet

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:18 pm
by BallzDeep9
haha sorry for that full-on rant I really out did myself there. 8-) . No, nobody's gotten sued yet for shipping to Utah or ? other KCPA states.. But it's IN the Law.. I would imagine, they're waiting for the right time. Sueing small vendors in court, NOW, would be a huge Red Flag, and backfire on their strategy.. AKA obviously has a Plan. They are financed by Big Money, head-shop vendors. Haddow slipped that in the Webinar. Everyone should READ their Law, their proposed 'Regulation' and see how it would affect vendors.

Time. This has been a history, an evolution of kratom in the U.S.A. Times have changed. I guarantee you, kratom will NEVER be banned in Colorado as long as Polis is Governor of CO. Jared Polis gave a speech on the floor of Congress 2 years ago in support of kratom! .. And it's very doubtful that any Legal Weed State, would ever ban kratom ?? Maybe 2+ years ago. But now? Now kratom has many years proven a mild, harmless, herbal supplement! Not a dangerous "drug" that needs to be banned.

So Time marches on.. the AKA, and their Big Money backers.. are running out of Time. Very soon, it becomes clear that kratom IS a mild harmless supplement - Just like Kava, ginseng, or 100's of other herbal & botanical products. THIS Election Year - Democrats could take the U.S. Senate and likely Joe Biden is President. Democrats have Legal Cannabis in their platform.. any fake threat of banning kratom, goes out the window in November.

So at some point, AKA changes and becomes a Lobbying group for certain Big Money retail, head-shop, smoke shop vendors.. Those kratom millionaires (Yes!) who have been fooling the public over many years, into paying $700 per kilo average net, for a product that costs them $30 - A total, insane, rip-off for consumers who are too busy / lazy / ignorant to question.. they line up at Gas stations paying $20 for 1 single serving of MIT 45 kratom shot. As usual.... it's All About The Money

Image

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:51 pm
by KurtisCards
I feel like your spot on Ballz

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:19 am
by Greyfeather
I would still like to see this source. Does anyone have a link or a paste/copy e-mail version? I'ts kinda strange to find a discussion about a document that isn't cited anywhere.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:56 am
by Sneakers
I hope you're right Ballz, I agree with what you're saying about CO. That's where I live right now. I think kratom is a sensitive issue for us as its really all we've got. I'll definitely raise a fight though if needed like I did today as I found out that the state regulators shut down chiropractic offices. Basically chiro and kratom are all I got for chronic pain. Without chiro I'd probably have to be back on disability. So I spent a good hour and wrote to Polis, my representatives, the regulators and the state chiro association demanding that I be able to see my chiro and demanding that the regulators be removed from their positions. They can't just keep taking away from us in these times. I know I'm digressing but after today, I'm reminded how vigilant we have to be and how ready we should be to defend our rights.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:03 am
by mivanqua
Sneakers wrote:I hope you're right Ballz, I agree with what you're saying about CO. That's where I live right now. I think kratom is a sensitive issue for us as its really all we've got. I'll definitely raise a fight though if needed like I did today as I found out that the state regulators shut down chiropractic offices. Basically chiro and kratom are all I got for chronic pain. Without chiro I'd probably have to be back on disability. So I spent a good hour and wrote to Polis, my representatives, the regulators and the state chiro association demanding that I be able to see my chiro and demanding that the regulators be removed from their positions. They can't just keep taking away from us in these times. I know I'm digressing but after today, I'm reminded how vigilant we have to be and how ready we should be to defend our rights.
The problem here, in my eyes anyway, is that all of these UNELECTED ASSHOLES want to make the rules. This IS NOT how it should work. That's the biggest problem with the way things have become. Unelected people make the rules and our actial elected officials have it on autopilot and just rubber stamp things in favor of who hands them.the most slush $$.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:30 pm
by Bigblind
If Democrats take over we will become a socialist shit hole full of drug addicts and loose America to illegal aliens we are close to that now. So kratom will be the least of our problems!

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:00 pm
by mivanqua
Bigblind wrote:If Democrats take over we will become a socialist shit hole full of drug addicts and loose America to illegal aliens we are close to that now. So kratom will be the least of our problems!
You need to drop this illusion that Dems and Reps are different. They are all the same and work for the same.people.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:37 pm
by CatfatherB
mivanqua wrote:
Bigblind wrote:If Democrats take over we will become a socialist shit hole full of drug addicts and loose America to illegal aliens we are close to that now. So kratom will be the least of our problems!
You need to drop this illusion that Dems and Reps are different. They are all the same and work for the same.people.
Truer words have never been spoken,Mivanqua :geek:

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:05 pm
by Marcussk
I agree the whole party system is corrupt and honestly I think it's just one big show to distract the American people. Sadly I doubt we will ever get out from under the thumb of the political engine that has most of the populace completely blinded and on different sides of what is actually the same side of the coin.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:13 pm
by BallzDeep9
mivanqua wrote:You need to drop this illusion that Dems and Reps are different. They are all the same and work for the same.people.
wOw. This is so idiotic, and can be proven wrong so easily... Start with Bush vs Gore 20 years ago: Do you seriously believe Al Gore would have invaded Iraq?? Start there. A quarter million people DEAD. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualtie ... casualties

Or fast forward to THIS year and pandemic: Trump WAS warned, back around New Years' about COVID-19. Trump and the Republicans: dismantled the White House Pandemic Response team, Cut finding for the CDC.. reduced $15 billion in national health spending and cutting the global disease-fighting operational budgets of the CDC, NSC, DHS, and HHS. And the government’s $30 million Complex Crises Fund was eliminated. https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/co ... -response/

I mean.. THIS is why I don't hang out in Chat Rooms!! :? Complete bullshit. This IS an Election Year. We as Americans have a duty to Vote, our Government is "By the People and for the People" (Read the Constitution) .. Hey I understand why the Fake President was elected

Kratom. The only reason that Kratom IS still legal... is Democrats in Congress. Democrats refused to allow Republicans, to include kratom in their SITSA Bill 2 years ago. Look around. What states are better for kratom ?? Blue liberal states with LEGAL weed (California, Oregon, CO, WA, ).. or Republican Red goober states (Indiana, Arkansas, AL, MS, etc.)

I disagree with Big Blind on everything... But this idea all politics is the SAME? Very ignorant attitude :evil:

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:30 pm
by mivanqua
If you say so. Have fun with that one. Conversely, it's been proven to me time and time again. You dont think politicians actually make decisions, do you? The REAL decisions, like the one to close the country completely. Do you know how many of my friends are now penniless with NO JOB after working the same job for YEARS? The economy is shit! Nobody gives a rat's ass about some overprivieliged slimebag in a suit that costs more than I make in a year, no matter what the hell he "calls himself!" How about your electronic vote on an electronic voting machine that leaves no physical trace of your vote, does it count? Can you prove it? Who knows WHAT the actual outcome of the elections is! Politics is to make money. ASTRONOMICAL amounts of money! If you think they give a shit about YOU (you know, OR me,) Democrat OR Republican, you are kidding yourself. Do you know why pot is legal in blue states? $$$$$$ No political bullshit there. Democrats have a lower price to buy them off. End of story. The election is like a football game. Are you cheering for the blue team or the red team? The blue team.has a real chance this year if they drop that Biden quarterback guy and pick up Sanders! Drafts are coming up, so we'll see I guess. Haha! No, ballz, I just don't waste my time or energy on that bullshit anymore. Think what you will. I also don't like sports. Same reasons. We don't all have to agree on everything. You do your thing and I'll do mine, but the way those in government act should be enough to not call my opinion "ignorant." ESPECIALLY since you imbibe the *reefer of this century* and see first hand how grimy they are. Surprising but whatever, I guess.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 pm
by Marcussk
Well on a different note. Have you guys heard about the upcoming ban on kratom in Indonesia. Apparently our government is pressuring them into banning it by withholding financial support. Have any of you guys heard about that?

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:09 am
by BallzDeep9
I'm starting to realize this Group isn't for me.. Can't seem to get feedback/ discussion of this Topic, the issues, whatever...

Stay Healthy, folks! 8-) Good Luck with your AKA 'Regulation' and all that. :ugeek:

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:34 am
by mivanqua
BallzDeep9 wrote:I'm starting to realize this Group isn't for me.. Can't seem to get feedback/ discussion of this Topic, the issues, whatever...

Stay Healthy, folks! 8-) Good Luck with your AKA 'Regulation' and all that. :ugeek:
Wow. Ok! Sorry to disagree. What issue are you trying to get feedback on that is being ignored/avoided? People have all kinds of opinions, man. Some are right and some are wrong, but life goes on.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:42 am
by GrannyJ62
Woah wow wait What just happened.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:34 am
by Greyfeather
You know, don't give up on us, Ballz.

We're all feeling sorta without any direction right now. But you have always helped us out when things get confusing.

F*ck AKA. Even if they get their way, we know that that it would only be temporary. Social media is a freakin' modern 'miracle'. IF we devote ourselves to spreading a campaign, We. Can. Own. it.

In a few short minutes I gave the URL for Double M to a half dozen people - face -to-face. I wrote it down on paper. They might be reading these threads right now.

Take a break OK? Warriors need rest and time to REFLECT. We'll be here when you want us.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:48 am
by Greyfeather
Bigblind wrote:If Democrats take over we will become a socialist shit hole full of drug addicts and loose America to illegal aliens we are close to that now. So kratom will be the least of our problems!
Dude, I don't know you, but you seem confused. You celebrate kratom here for giving you a sensation that sounds a LOT like a drug - high, but, at the same time, you sound like That Guy who wants to lock everyone up for having a tiny bit of weed.

Are you willing to proclaim yourself? Your comment is self-righteous. You sound like a phony to me.

You read like a TROLL, actually. We don't need that.

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:07 am
by acejestyr15
Greyfeather wrote:
Bigblind wrote:If Democrats take over we will become a socialist shit hole full of drug addicts and loose America to illegal aliens we are close to that now. So kratom will be the least of our problems!
Dude, I don't know you, but you seem confused. You celebrate kratom here for giving you a sensation that sounds a LOT like a drug - high, but, at the same time, you sound like That Guy who wants to lock everyone up for having a tiny bit of weed.

Are you willing to proclaim yourself? Your comment is self-righteous. You sound like a phony to me.

You read like a TROLL, actually. We don't need that.
BallzDeep9 wrote:I'm starting to realize this Group isn't for me.. Can't seem to get feedback/ discussion of this Topic, the issues, whatever...

Stay Healthy, folks! 8-) Good Luck with your AKA 'Regulation' and all that. :ugeek:
So BD, because people either don't agree with your political views or others aren't active enough on the topic/good enough conversationalists on the topic you suddenly decide the group isn't for you?! Come-on now Ballz! This is a perfect example of why politics shouldn't be publicly discussed.... Rarely can everyone if anyone play nicely!!! This place is supposed to be kept civil.... So why tempt fate with the utmost controversial of topics?!

And Greyfeather.... BigBlind is a longtime member!! And even if they weren't, we don't allow accusations to be made like that here! Just because you don't appreciate someone's opinions nor even understand them possibly doesn't give the right to throw out accusations or even mock/poke fun.

PLEASE EVERYONE, KEEP THINGS CIVIL AT ALL TIMES WITH ALL TOPICS!!! If this cannot be done then those topics shouldn't be be spoke of, is how I see it. Everyone is locked down and has been a couple weeks or more now... Tensions rising... Boredom increasing... Stronger and stronger opinions forming... And the list goes on, I GET IT!! But, this is a community full of like minded ppl and especially right now with all sorts of bans on the table again we need to stick together, not fight amongst ourselves. This place is supposed to be enjoyable, a home away from home, an escape from reality, or whatever else it may be to everyone aside from educational, helpful, and sometimes just downright interesting.... So please, let's keep it that way! We need each other to keep Kratom safe, attainable, and affordable... Kratom on my friends!

Re: Federal kratom ban?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:13 am
by mivanqua
Completely agree, ace and couldn't have said it better myself.