Agmatine while on a tolerance break

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Twisting_Juniper
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:37 pm
Location: Moab

Agmatine while on a tolerance break

Post by Twisting_Juniper »

I’ve been on a taper this past week, dropping my serving size down a bit each day and using agmatine once or twice a day, as well. My GPD wasn’t too high, 10-15 grams with a couple of jumps to 20 grams and have experienced very little in the way of withdrawal. I’ve been doing some research on Agmatine and it seems both the anecdotal accounts and scientific studies point to it working as both a potentiator of the pain-relieving properties and for reducing the effects of withdrawal. My question is, now that I am on a break from the leaf for a week or two is there any benefit to continuing the agmatine? Will it help expediate the tolerance reduction? Or are the benefits simply limited to being used in conjunction with kratom? Thanks for any input!
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Agmatine while on a tolerance break

Post by Marcussk »

Twisting_Juniper wrote:I’ve been on a taper this past week, dropping my serving size down a bit each day and using agmatine once or twice a day, as well. My GPD wasn’t too high, 10-15 grams with a couple of jumps to 20 grams and have experienced very little in the way of withdrawal. I’ve been doing some research on Agmatine and it seems both the anecdotal accounts and scientific studies point to it working as both a potentiator of the pain-relieving properties and for reducing the effects of withdrawal. My question is, now that I am on a break from the leaf for a week or two is there any benefit to continuing the agmatine? Will it help expediate the tolerance reduction? Or are the benefits simply limited to being used in conjunction with kratom? Thanks for any input!
Ballz has talked about agmatine in another thread, I'm not sure which one. But I'm pretty sure you can continue taking it with kratom to boost the pain relieving properties of it.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Agmatine while on a tolerance break

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Twisting_Juniper wrote:My question is, now that I am on a break from the leaf for a week or two, is there any benefit to continuing the agmatine? Will it help expediate the tolerance reduction? Or are the benefits simply limited to being used in conjunction with kratom?
All depend on your reason(s) for using kratom, in the first place.. :P Do you mainly use kratom for chronic pain relief? Those who take kratom for pain #1 report that Agmatine really helps in that department.. many use Agmatine daily as a regular supplement. Boost the analgesic effect of kratom. gives a greater Bang for the Buck- better effects with a lower serving of kratom.

However if you mainly use kratom for energy, mood support, anxiolytic.. Agmatine can blunt those effects! Seems to reduce or block, some good feelings or euphoria.. while still, being useful to re-set receptors & lower your kratom dose. So for this reason, Agmatine is better used ONLY for a few days, as part of a taper routine.. "cycle" the Agmatine with a tolerance break. That's how I'm doing it. Rapid taper down kratom over 4-5 days, with Agmatine taken only those days & only before bedtime.

You're doing a whole WEEK+ break? :geek: Congrats, that should be plenty of time.. Start back on kratom at the lowest serving. IME even taking 1-2 days off, following a few days taper (A few days @ 2-3 gram per day.) seems to re-set my tolerance. I stop the Agmatine at that point.. The Magic is back! All good effects of kratom are restored. Do this cycle, maybe every 5 weeks? 8 weeks? Its a on-going experiment.. good luck!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Agmatine while on a tolerance break

Post by Marcussk »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
Twisting_Juniper wrote:My question is, now that I am on a break from the leaf for a week or two, is there any benefit to continuing the agmatine? Will it help expediate the tolerance reduction? Or are the benefits simply limited to being used in conjunction with kratom?
All depend on your reason(s) for using kratom, in the first place.. :P Do you mainly use kratom for chronic pain relief? Those who take kratom for pain #1 report that Agmatine really helps in that department.. many use Agmatine daily as a regular supplement. Boost the analgesic effect of kratom. gives a greater Bang for the Buck- better effects with a lower serving of kratom.

However if you mainly use kratom for energy, mood support, anxiolytic.. Agmatine can blunt those effects! Seems to reduce or block, some good feelings or euphoria.. while still, being useful to re-set receptors & lower your kratom dose. So for this reason, Agmatine is better used ONLY for a few days, as part of a taper routine.. "cycle" the Agmatine with a tolerance break. That's how I'm doing it. Rapid taper down kratom over 4-5 days, with Agmatine taken only those days & only before bedtime.

You're doing a whole WEEK+ break? :geek: Congrats, that should be plenty of time.. Start back on kratom at the lowest serving. IME even taking 1-2 days off, following a few days taper (A few days @ 2-3 gram per day.) seems to re-set my tolerance. I stop the Agmatine at that point.. The Magic is back! All good effects of kratom are restored. Do this cycle, maybe every 5 weeks? 8 weeks? Its a on-going experiment.. good luck!
Yay Ballzdeep9 to the rescue, I was worried you were gone, glad you're still here man.
Twisting_Juniper
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:37 pm
Location: Moab

Re: Agmatine while on a tolerance break

Post by Twisting_Juniper »

BallzDeep9 wrote: All depend on your reason(s) for using kratom, in the first place.. :P Do you mainly use kratom for chronic pain relief? Those who take kratom for pain #1 report that Agmatine really helps in that department.. many use Agmatine daily as a regular supplement. Boost the analgesic effect of kratom. gives a greater Bang for the Buck- better effects with a lower serving of kratom.

However if you mainly use kratom for energy, mood support, anxiolytic.. Agmatine can blunt those effects! Seems to reduce or block, some good feelings or euphoria.. while still, being useful to re-set receptors & lower your kratom dose. So for this reason, Agmatine is better used ONLY for a few days, as part of a taper routine.. "cycle" the Agmatine with a tolerance break. That's how I'm doing it. Rapid taper down kratom over 4-5 days, with Agmatine taken only those days & only before bedtime.

You're doing a whole WEEK+ break? :geek: Congrats, that should be plenty of time.. Start back on kratom at the lowest serving. IME even taking 1-2 days off, following a few days taper (A few days @ 2-3 gram per day.) seems to re-set my tolerance. I stop the Agmatine at that point.. The Magic is back! All good effects of kratom are restored. Do this cycle, maybe every 5 weeks? 8 weeks? Its a on-going experiment.. good luck!
Just who I was hoping to hear from! :D Pretty much have followed your recommended plan of a rapid taper coupled with the Agmatine. I'm in the energy, mood support category, so sounds like no need to continue with the Agmatine at this point. And I can't lie, really happy to hear that you've found just a day or two to do the trick. During these wild times I can sure use some plant magic to keep the crazy down! Love the ongoing self experiment aspect. Always something to learn about both the plant and your mind. Thanks for all the tips!
Post Reply