Page 1 of 1
Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:16 pm
by pray4peace4
Someone on r/kratom just posted that all shipping out of Indonesia has stopped, POS & DHL. I don't know if this is reliable info. or just a story from his supplier. Maybe a couple of the vendors on here can chime in.
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:19 pm
by Marcussk
I'm pretty sure DHL is still moving, but POS indo is down for atleast the next 3-4 weeks
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm
by gumbyke1
It's true. They were limiting POS to 500kg, now POS can't ship to TC1 at all (TC1 is western hemisphere).
Using DHL is more or less smuggling. Importing this way is illegal and dangerous.
I'll provide documentation later.
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 pm
by BallzDeep9
gumbyke1 wrote:It's true. They were limiting POS to 500kg, now POS can't ship to TC1 at all ...
Also remember ...
April 23, is the start of Ramadan. Indo's major national holiday. No shipping.
Ramadan Mubarak! 
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:58 am
by LuckyHerbals
gumbyke1 wrote:It's true. They were limiting POS to 500kg, now POS can't ship to TC1 at all (TC1 is western hemisphere).
Using DHL is more or less smuggling. Importing this way is illegal and dangerous.
I'll provide documentation later.
Yup. Google "Nomad Botanicals"...
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:30 pm
by K-Dawg
LuckyHerbals wrote:gumbyke1 wrote:It's true. They were limiting POS to 500kg, now POS can't ship to TC1 at all (TC1 is western hemisphere).
Using DHL is more or less smuggling. Importing this way is illegal and dangerous.
I'll provide documentation later.
Yup. Google "Nomad Botanicals"...
Nomad Botanicals? It just took me to their website..?
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:53 pm
by CatfatherB
K-Dawg wrote:LuckyHerbals wrote:gumbyke1 wrote:It's true. They were limiting POS to 500kg, now POS can't ship to TC1 at all (TC1 is western hemisphere).
Using DHL is more or less smuggling. Importing this way is illegal and dangerous.
I'll provide documentation later.
Yup. Google "Nomad Botanicals"...
Nomad Botanicals? It just took me to their website..?
There is an article about the owner going to prison for illegally importing kratom, not labeled correctly...
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:43 pm
by Transformato
My anxiety level just elevated X 5.
Meanwhile, at the local level... but not directly relevant
I just retrieved a package from my mailbox (I misplaced my key yesterday)- opened to find the original package had been slit up the side to open and repackaged at the postal station.
This, after jumping through maybe 10 different facilities on the way to me with a delay notice and just one state in between us (granted, coming from some distance, a larger state). It arrived the day expected, but what a process. I've not seen this kind of activity before.
They can cause tremendous damage but they will not squeeze any more profit from me than they already have. They'll feed something they have no control of. Pissing me off and hurting us all will further the spread of awareness, ignited by the power of my passion.
Take not of that, monitor.
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:58 pm
by brave777
Transformato wrote:My anxiety level just elevated X 5.
Meanwhile, at the local level... but not directly relevant
I just retrieved a package from my mailbox (I misplaced my key yesterday)- opened to find the original package had been slit up the side to open and repackaged at the postal station.
This, after jumping through maybe 10 different facilities on the way to me with a delay notice and just one state in between us (granted, coming from some distance, a larger state). It arrived the day expected, but what a process. I've not seen this kind of activity before.
They can cause tremendous damage but they will not squeeze any more profit from me than they already have. They'll feed something they have no control of. Pissing me off and hurting us all will further the spread of awareness, ignited by the power of my passion.
Take not of that, monitor.
Wow , yesterday my sister got an empty package. The lady dropped it on the floor scanned it and left. And on the side it was perfectly slit open and nothing inside.. If this becomes the new normal then humanity is doomed. I hope she gets her stuff.
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:49 pm
by Damen ck
Transformato wrote:My anxiety level just elevated X 5.
Meanwhile, at the local level... but not directly relevant
I just retrieved a package from my mailbox (I misplaced my key yesterday)- opened to find the original package had been slit up the side to open and repackaged at the postal station.
This, after jumping through maybe 10 different facilities on the way to me with a delay notice and just one state in between us (granted, coming from some distance, a larger state). It arrived the day expected, but what a process. I've not seen this kind of activity before.
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions...packages and even letters can and do get stuck in their sorting machines all the time, the box gets ripped up and damaged, sometimes beyond repair, and they either try to tape up the box or put it in a new box and send it on its way. My friend sent me $100 in cash not long ago (dumb idea, I know) and the envelope got snagged in a machine, caused a delay, but finally arrived in a new envelope with a note that essentially said "our bad". The money was still in there and everything, I was surprised. It's easy to think there are malicious intentions and I'm sure there are a few bad apples here and there, but for the most part I think it's accidental and they do what they can to make it right.
As far as brave's incident, was the box damaged or bent at all, or was it a neat, deliberate cut? It's possible the tape came off en route and the contents fell out and wasn't able to be retrieved...but usually they leave some sort of note. It's not necessarily USPS's fault also, was it sitting on the floor/porch very long? Porch thieves are fairly common. What was inside, if you don't mind me asking?
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 pm
by brave777
Damen ck wrote:Transformato wrote:My anxiety level just elevated X 5.
Meanwhile, at the local level... but not directly relevant
I just retrieved a package from my mailbox (I misplaced my key yesterday)- opened to find the original package had been slit up the side to open and repackaged at the postal station.
This, after jumping through maybe 10 different facilities on the way to me with a delay notice and just one state in between us (granted, coming from some distance, a larger state). It arrived the day expected, but what a process. I've not seen this kind of activity before.
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions...packages and even letters can and do get stuck in their sorting machines all the time, the box gets ripped up and damaged, sometimes beyond repair, and they either try to tape up the box or put it in a new box and send it on its way. My friend sent me $100 in cash not long ago (dumb idea, I know) and the envelope got snagged in a machine, caused a delay, but finally arrived in a new envelope with a note that essentially said "our bad". The money was still in there and everything, I was surprised. It's easy to think there are malicious intentions and I'm sure there are a few bad apples here and there, but for the most part I think it's accidental and they do what they can to make it right.
As far as brave's incident, was the box damaged or bent at all, or was it a neat, deliberate cut? It's possible the tape came off en route and the contents fell out and wasn't able to be retrieved...but usually they leave some sort of note. It's not necessarily USPS's fault also, was it sitting on the floor/porch very long? Porch thieves are fairly common. What was inside, if you don't mind me asking?
Not my package, i can ask her the details. It was a bubble envelope. and it was cut on one of the longer sides corner in middle. She open the door when UPS truck drove off in front of her. I can try take photo later and edit if she still has empty white bubble envelope. i ll post pic here. She usually like to order supplements and stuff. You might be right that it could of got stuck on some rolling machine and got pinched and stuff fell out. Even in amazon belt it self since i worked amazon 2 years i seen product on floor once in a while. Not sure what action she took, i ll ask later. It could also be possible someone last day at work and they decided to sneak around peoples stuff. No one knows. Thanks for bringing it up, i ll get back soon
Re: Shipping from Indonesia is Down
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:05 pm
by gumbyke1
Hey I there, I just wanted throw out there that it might be the vendor who retaped it
Sometimes we will find a bag of Kratom left over in our package staging area after we have filled all orders. This let's us know that we potentially missed a bag with somebodies order. After weighing packages we will find what order was shorted, and we will just slit the top of the package to correct the contents.
We don't repackage then in a new envelope because it would require us creating a new shipping label with a new tracking order (you can't just reprint the same label). To avoid customer confusion/inconvenience, we try to avoid issueing a new tracking number whenever possible.
I hope that helps!