Page 1 of 1
Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:51 pm
by Spencemastaflex
So I tried Liza's sleepy blend and it didn't work for me, it was actually kinda stimulating, anyone know what strains of hers are super sedating?
Also btw I am LOVING Liza's botanicals. I'll write a review here soon. But my God, how is it this good? If you have not tried Liza's you ABSOLUTELY have to. I saw people talking about it for so long and never checked it out. I was running into an issue where nothing was working for me for a while and I was actually kinda like "whatever this stuff won't work either I just need to do a tolerance break" and BAM everything I ordered from her (besides the sleepy blend) was just SO damn good. Anyways yeah sedating strain?
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 am
by MycatTimmy
I love Liza also, especially her reds. I didn’t find Sleepytime sedating either. But her Red Borneo put my lights out. I swear that stuff could replace Ambien ! I also find her Red Monster and Redheaded Stepchild sedating though not as much as the Red Borneo
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:43 am
by Greyfeather
Her reds are great, aren't they?
I dipped into my bag of her Red Bali today (after not touching it for two months). I have been using mostly TFH. But her Red Bali was like the honeymoon all over again. That was six hours ago and I JUST GOT UP FROM BED

Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 am
by MycatTimmy
I’ve never tried her Red Bali. Is it as good as her Red Monster and RHSC ?
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:34 am
by Spencemastaflex
I will definitely give the Borneo a shot. Anything else of hers I need to try sedating or not? I liked the white lohk, happy go lucky, green aceh and g. Crow.
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:35 am
by Spencemastaflex
And yellow vietnam
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:43 am
by herbalhippie
Yeah, sleepy blend ended up being not that sleepy for me either. A friend accidentally left his bag of RHSC (which he loves) at his girlfriend's house 2 hours from here. Asked what I had. I gave him the rest of the bag of Sleepy Blend and he likes it just fine for a daytime blend.
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:23 am
by MycatTimmy
I haven’t tried a lot of her strains. I didn’t find the Happy Go Lucky to be a favorite but the 3 reds that I mentioned are excellent ! Let me know if you try the Red Borneo. I think you’ll be pleased. I mainly take reds but I’m trying to branch out so do you know of any slow strains of her ?
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 am
by Greyfeather
Hey, MyCat!
I actually have some RHSC, but I prefer the Red Bali. And it does seem more sedating too. Then again, when I want to try a new Vendor I always get some of the Red Bali first, since I love reds. I have a tendency to judge a vendor's reds by the quality of their Bali
Then again, it's kind of a hard question to answer since, personally, I don't think it could be possible to create a 'strain', give it a "name" and be able to promise that the product will be the same, season after season. Unless a vendor knows EXACTLY where that leaf came from... Well, even that likely wouldn't provide a Bali exactly like the last Batch. Gumby can explain strains and batches far better than I can (and I am NOT speaking on his behalf, just mine). The Red Bali that I bought from Liza in - I believe - December/January - is VERY good. If she has some of THAT left, I would def. recommend it. The RHSC didn't "wow" me as much as I had hoped. But it works well enough for my pain. I think that one is a blend, so trying to replicate it season after season can't be easy. This is why I'll buy an Ounce of something ($5.00) first
When it comes to pure sedation I find SOSA to be very good. But, according to folks here, he is probably not taking orders right now. I'll be happy when he does.
Good Luck!!

Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:59 pm
by MycatTimmy
Thanks Greyfeather. Regarding Sosa you and me both. There is something about his string dried reds that really hits my sweet spot. I think my favorite red of his is the Sunda. Since he doesn’t have Red Bali what’s your favorite Sosa red ?
Re: Liza's sedating strains?
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:18 pm
by brave777
MycatTimmy wrote:Thanks Greyfeather. Regarding Sosa you and me both. There is something about his string dried reds that really hits my sweet spot. I think my favorite red of his is the Sunda. Since he doesn’t have Red Bali what’s your favorite Sosa red ?
Red Sunda is def nice. It reminded me of KTC red borneo, very close to it.