Stomach issues
-
D_B_C
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am
- Location: South MS
Stomach issues
Howdy folks! Quick question. I’ve been using Kratom for a little over 2 months now, never any issues until this week. Now when I use it I get severe diarrhea and little vomiting. This usually sets in about 8-10 hours after my last dose. I do toss and wash method. I’ve tried different strains and vendors this week but got the same results. Any advice on how I can stop this?? THANKS!!
-
Damen ck
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 404
- Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm
Re: Stomach issues
It kinda sounds like salmonella poisoning. Do you get nausea or fever along with the vomiting? my first question was going to be if it happens with other batches and vendors, but you said it happens with any kind of kratom? Well I guess we can "eliminate" that part. (sorry)
Kratom constipates, like other substances that work on the brains opioid receptors, so for most folks, diarrhea is not an issue. It could be something else together, that is exacerbated by kratom, like a liver/kidney issue as a possibility. What is your typical dose, and how often or how many times per day do you dose?
Kratom constipates, like other substances that work on the brains opioid receptors, so for most folks, diarrhea is not an issue. It could be something else together, that is exacerbated by kratom, like a liver/kidney issue as a possibility. What is your typical dose, and how often or how many times per day do you dose?
-
D_B_C
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am
- Location: South MS
Re: Stomach issues
When I first started I would have the constipation stuff going on, but nothing to severe. I normally take 2 gram doses 2-3 times a day. The first day I got sick on it I took more than my normal dose. So, after things cleared up I wrote it off as I just took too much. Now yesterday I took 2 grams one around lunch and the other around 4pm. Felt great for several hours like I always do, then 10:30pm it hit me again. Bad bad diarrhea and one round of vomiting. The diarrhea continues all day long. I even had to miss work one day. Right now I don’t have any nausea, just diarrhea. Any help or suggestions would be great! I think maybe I need to lay off for a week or so to let my guys get back to normal.
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: Stomach issues
It could be H. Pylori. That's why I dont toss and wash anymore but always make tea. At 185° for 10 minutes you can be certain that any bacteria in the raw powder is sterilized.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Stomach issues
Possible that u have cross contamination/moisture introduced to your fresh leaf by chance?! Or mold in your cup/bottle or something???
Had it happen to me once or twice before....
Had it happen to me once or twice before....
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: Stomach issues
I luckily have never had mold in my kratom, but moisture is the number one enemy of a stash. I bet that is the issue, I've heard of that happening to other people. Especially if you are toss and washing and dipping the spoon back into your kratom. When I used to t&w I would put my dose into a shot glass to make sure I didn't get any saliva/moisture onto my spoon and into my kratom.acejestyr15 wrote:Possible that u have cross contamination/moisture introduced to your fresh leaf by chance?! Or mold in your cup/bottle or something???
Had it happen to me once or twice before....
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Stomach issues
Marcussk wrote:I luckily have never had mold in my kratom, but moisture is the number one enemy of a stash. I bet that is the issue, I've heard of that happening to other people. Especially if you are toss and washing and dipping the spoon back into your kratom. When I used to t&w I would put my dose into a shot glass to make sure I didn't get any saliva/moisture onto my spoon and into my kratom.acejestyr15 wrote:Possible that u have cross contamination/moisture introduced to your fresh leaf by chance?! Or mold in your cup/bottle or something???
Had it happen to me once or twice before....
Yes exactly what I was referring too!! I always did a mix and chug/slurry before switched to brewed tea.... But same concept with my mix and chug Mason jar and or spoon. Couple times they didn't get rinsed/washed well enough and it made me pretty sick for like 10hours... Super gross feeling nausea, light headed spinny type feeling, almost like being suddenly too drunk very abruptly!!! Horribly unenjoyable.... Another reason I'm so happy I switched to tea, I never get bad effects anymore
-
D_B_C
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am
- Location: South MS
Re: Stomach issues
YES!! That’s exactly how I am feeling!! Thanks guys I will be more cautious from now on!!acejestyr15 wrote:Marcussk wrote:I luckily have never had mold in my kratom, but moisture is the number one enemy of a stash. I bet that is the issue, I've heard of that happening to other people. Especially if you are toss and washing and dipping the spoon back into your kratom. When I used to t&w I would put my dose into a shot glass to make sure I didn't get any saliva/moisture onto my spoon and into my kratom.acejestyr15 wrote:Possible that u have cross contamination/moisture introduced to your fresh leaf by chance?! Or mold in your cup/bottle or something???
Had it happen to me once or twice before....
Yes exactly what I was referring too!! I always did a mix and chug/slurry before switched to brewed tea.... But same concept with my mix and chug Mason jar and or spoon. Couple times they didn't get rinsed/washed well enough and it made me pretty sick for like 10hours... Super gross feeling nausea, light headed spinny type feeling, almost like being suddenly too drunk very abruptly!!! Horribly unenjoyable.... Another reason I'm so happy I switched to tea, I never get bad effects anymore
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: Stomach issues
I want to preface by saying I am not a medical professional and am in no way qualified to give medical or health advice. With that said, if you have previously taken this kratom with no issues and multiple batches are causing this effect, I would suspect that "contaminated kratom" is not the cause. I am would stop using kratom immediately.D_B_C wrote:Howdy folks! Quick question. I’ve been using Kratom for a little over 2 months now, never any issues until this week. Now when I use it I get severe diarrhea and little vomiting. This usually sets in about 8-10 hours after my last dose. I do toss and wash method. I’ve tried different strains and vendors this week but got the same results. Any advice on how I can stop this?? THANKS!!
There is a very small percentage of people who lack a certain gene expression which leaves them unable to properly process kratom and over time they become vulnerable to acute liver toxicity when continued use with kratom. I have heard stories of people with this being able to use kratom no problem for a couple of weeks to months and then suddenly it begins to make them sick. I know its tempting to keep trying, but I have heard of a case that resulted is somebody being hospitalized for liver toxicity.
Listen to your body - dont keep taking kratom if its rejecting it. There could be very real consequences for continuing to push it. At the very least give it a long break and research the topic in-depth and partner with a medical professional before continuing use.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: Stomach issues
I thought if that happened it always happened within the first couple of days to a week of using kratom. That's terrifying if it can happen at anytime.gumbyke1 wrote:I want to preface by saying I am not a medical professional and am in no way qualified to give medical or health advice. With that said, if you have previously taken this kratom with no issues and multiple batches are causing this effect, I would suspect that "contaminated kratom" is not the cause. I am would stop using kratom immediately.D_B_C wrote:Howdy folks! Quick question. I’ve been using Kratom for a little over 2 months now, never any issues until this week. Now when I use it I get severe diarrhea and little vomiting. This usually sets in about 8-10 hours after my last dose. I do toss and wash method. I’ve tried different strains and vendors this week but got the same results. Any advice on how I can stop this?? THANKS!!
There is a very small percentage of people who lack a certain gene expression which leaves them unable to properly process kratom and over time they become vulnerable to acute liver toxicity when continued use with kratom. I have heard stories of people with this being able to use kratom no problem for a couple of weeks to months and then suddenly it begins to make them sick. I know its tempting to keep trying, but I have heard of a case that resulted is somebody being hospitalized for liver toxicity.
Listen to your body - dont keep taking kratom if its rejecting it. There could be very real consequences for continuing to push it. At the very least give it a long break and research the topic in-depth and partner with a medical professional before continuing use.
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: Stomach issues
I think in most cases it is within a couple of weeks, but I know of somebody who it was alleged to be around 8 weeks. My guess is that since it relates to a specific enzyme level in the individual, factors like frequency/volume of consumption and starting enzyme levels would be a major factor in determining how quickly the liver became overloaded. I haven't heard of anyone beyond 8 weeks, but it doesn't mean that it's not possible.Marcussk wrote:I thought if that happened it always happened within the first couple of days to a week of using kratom. That's terrifying if it can happen at any time.gumbyke1 wrote:I want to preface by saying I am not a medical professional and am in no way qualified to give medical or health advice. With that said, if you have previously taken this kratom with no issues and multiple batches are causing this effect, I would suspect that "contaminated kratom" is not the cause. I am would stop using kratom immediately.D_B_C wrote:Howdy folks! Quick question. I’ve been using Kratom for a little over 2 months now, never any issues until this week. Now when I use it I get severe diarrhea and little vomiting. This usually sets in about 8-10 hours after my last dose. I do toss and wash method. I’ve tried different strains and vendors this week but got the same results. Any advice on how I can stop this?? THANKS!!
There is a very small percentage of people who lack a certain gene expression which leaves them unable to properly process kratom and over time they become vulnerable to acute liver toxicity when continued use with kratom. I have heard stories of people with this being able to use kratom no problem for a couple of weeks to months and then suddenly it begins to make them sick. I know its tempting to keep trying, but I have heard of a case that resulted is somebody being hospitalized for liver toxicity.
Listen to your body - dont keep taking kratom if it's rejecting it. There could be very real consequences for continuing to push it. At the very least give it a long break and research the topic in-depth and partner with a medical professional before continuing use.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
-
D_B_C
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am
- Location: South MS
Re: Stomach issues
Thanks for all the input guys. I have stopped using Kratom for the last 3 days and I’m still very sick. Just vomiting once a days and constant diarrhea and nausea. I really hope this goes away soon, it’s awful
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: Stomach issues
Definitely need to go to a doctor. And though I wouldn't mention kratom, I would ask for them to check your liver bro. That liver hepatoxicity that Chris is talking about is no joke, you could die if that's what you have. Go to the doctor, worst thing that can happen is they tell you its nothing more than a virus but it may save your life.D_B_C wrote:Thanks for all the input guys. I have stopped using Kratom for the last 3 days and I’m still very sick. Just vomiting once a days and constant diarrhea and nausea. I really hope this goes away soon, it’s awful
-
D_B_C
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am
- Location: South MS
Re: Stomach issues
Thanks man. I called this morning to schedule an appointment. I will let you guys know if anything interesting pops up.Marcussk wrote:Definitely need to go to a doctor. And though I wouldn't mention kratom, I would ask for them to check your liver bro. That liver hepatoxicity that Chris is talking about is no joke, you could die if that's what you have. Go to the doctor, worst thing that can happen is they tell you its nothing more than a virus but it may save your life.D_B_C wrote:Thanks for all the input guys. I have stopped using Kratom for the last 3 days and I’m still very sick. Just vomiting once a days and constant diarrhea and nausea. I really hope this goes away soon, it’s awful
-
Jezabels64
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm
- Location: CA
Re: Stomach issues
Hey Gumby,gumbyke1 wrote:I want to preface by saying I am not a medical professional and am in no way qualified to give medical or health advice. With that said, if you have previously taken this kratom with no issues and multiple batches are causing this effect, I would suspect that "contaminated kratom" is not the cause. I am would stop using kratom immediately.D_B_C wrote:Howdy folks! Quick question. I’ve been using Kratom for a little over 2 months now, never any issues until this week. Now when I use it I get severe diarrhea and little vomiting. This usually sets in about 8-10 hours after my last dose. I do toss and wash method. I’ve tried different strains and vendors this week but got the same results. Any advice on how I can stop this?? THANKS!!
There is a very small percentage of people who lack a certain gene expression which leaves them unable to properly process kratom and over time they become vulnerable to acute liver toxicity when continued use with kratom. I have heard stories of people with this being able to use kratom no problem for a couple of weeks to months and then suddenly it begins to make them sick. I know its tempting to keep trying, but I have heard of a case that resulted is somebody being hospitalized for liver toxicity.
Listen to your body - dont keep taking kratom if its rejecting it. There could be very real consequences for continuing to push it. At the very least give it a long break and research the topic in-depth and partner with a medical professional before continuing use.
Do you think that this has to do with the alkaloids in Kratom or the process of the body breaking down the leaf matter itself? I guess my question is if a person didn't ingest the leaf matter but extracted the alkaloids from the process of making tea...like Ace's method...wouldn't this be much easier on the body/liver. Just your thoughts...not looking for medical advice.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Stomach issues
Bingo.Marcussk wrote:It could be H. Pylori. That's why I dont toss and wash anymore but always make tea. At 185° for 10 minutes you can be certain that any bacteria in the raw powder is sterilized.
Many people have no problem, but some others.. should NOT be eating raw powder kratom. Do you drink the water in Mexico?
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!