Hello, new user here. Glad to find a forum where we can speak about kratom freely for once! I originally posted this on Reddit before realizing that it would probably just be deleted. It was deleted as soon as I clicked "submit," lol.
Anyway, I discovered kratom while in California a couple months ago, and it changed my life. I have chronic knee pain from patellofemoral syndrome, which also causes restless legs syndrome. It is so bad, it keeps me from sleeping unless I take something for it. Previously, the ONLY meds that would work were opiates. I HATE the side effects of those things, and I am unable to get any as a prescription except for tramadol because all doctors assume anyone under the age of 60 would just abuse them.
A low dose of kratom completely does away with my knee pain and allows me to sleep soundly for a full 8 hours for the first time in YEARS. Words can't describe how much better I've felt since having kratom around; it is truly a lifesaver. I am aware of exactly what kratom is, but I have had none of the bad side effects of opiates, and I am very careful not to take kratom every day.
So... I live in a state where it's totally illegal. The bottle I bought in California and brought back with me is getting low. I live right smack dab in the center of my state, far away from any borders, so it's not practical for me to get a PO box in another state. However, my mom lives in a bordering state where it is legal. So I've been trying to purchase kratom online and put her address as the shipping address, with the plan to go pick it up the next time I visit her. She is fully aware of this, by the way, and is just happy that I've found a remedy for my knee pain. I have spent HOURS filling up carts with several online vendors, only to discover at the end that none of them will approve my order because of my billing address. There's one vendor who stated that they will ship kratom to legal states regardless of billing address, as long as the order is placed in a legal state (so I'm guessing they use geolocation to check where my IP address is?). So I asked my mom to place the order for me, using my debit card, and my order was STILL rejected.
I kind of can't believe how difficult and time-consuming this has been. The head shop in California accepted my debit card and my state drivers' license and sold me kratom with no questions asked. As far as I know, purchasing kratom is perfectly legal for anyone to buy, as long as they are not located in or shipping it to a state where it's illegal. So, how do people who live in illegal states get their supply via a PO box in another state if no vendors will ship it because of their billing address? Am I missing something? Do I just need to keep trying different vendors until I find one that will accept my order? I really don't want to ask my mom to use her credit card to buy it for me, because the order I want to place is a rather high amount. I also don't want to ask her to reship the order to my home address because she has a condition that makes her vulnerable to the coronavirus, and I don't want her going to a postal/shipping store just for that.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions you can offer!
Shipping address in legal state, billing in illegal state
-
SensoryTheater
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:39 pm
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Shipping address in legal state, billing in illegal stat
Hi, sorry but we do not allow discussion of purchasing Kratom from an illegal or banned state/area..... Rule number 3 on our posted site wide rules.
Locking topic.
Locking topic.