Page 1 of 1
Recommend some vendors
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:57 pm
by nearbypen1
I have been using Facebook to find recommended vendors but all the ones I have tried so far are just alright. They mostly help numb any kind of pain and anxiety but don’t have the mood boost I’m looking for. I have only been taking kratom for about 4 months for anxiety, depression, and mild arthritis pain. I take 2-3.5grams four times a day in grapefruit or orange juice. (open to suggestions on dosing too)
The vendors I have tried are
-Oties
-Kats Botanicals
-Happy Hippo(favorite)
-Blue Diamond Herbs
-Sabai
-Leaf of life (did not work)
-wicked tea co
-Amazing botanical
-Soap Korner
-Mitragaia
Have an order from Smiley Time on the way
So far the stand outs are gold bali, green malay, and red bali from Happy Hippo. Gold Bali gives me a super relaxed vibe without loosing energy and I clean the whole house. Red Bali give me a mood boost and relaxes my body, green malay gives me a happy vibe. I usually like greens, reds, golds/yellows, but an open to whites as long as they aren’t too jittery. I have so many sample packs that I am trying to finish but at the same time I want to find a reliable vendor I can invest in that doesn’t break the bank. So I’d love some recommendations on what to try next strain and vendors thanks.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:52 am
by KratomGod
I mean there are so many different vendors I could recommend here because there are so many high quality kratom sellers. Check the vendors list for the full list of approved vendors but some standouts off the top of my head, that you haven't tried, would be TFH (exclusive to forum members), LOE (MeWe vendor), 7ohm (great pricing), and Benni Botanicals. My personal favorite is LOE but all the vendors here have great leaf overall.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:22 am
by BallzDeep9
nearbypen1 wrote: I have only been taking kratom for about 4 months ...
yeah
4 months, is right after your Honeymoon is over.. right about when
Tolerance kicks in, doing too much kratom?

You know when kratom "stops working" you're feeling tired in between doses, getting side effects like brain fog, and you no longer enjoy kratom it just makes you feel OK "normal" ? That's not the vendors fault usually it's the majority of people abuse kratom like its a drug or something... it's not.
Out of your List,
Otie's Botanical and Soap Korner are certainly good, (Soap maybe a little over priced?) and Hippo as we've discussed here is WAY over priced.. Maybe try a RE-set taper down/ Agmatine Sulfate/ over 1 week and finally 2 days off. BOOM start back on 2-3 low servings per day, the Magic Is Back!

Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:09 am
by RumRunner
Welcome to MM, where the advice you’ll get is as valuable as finding a quality vendor.

Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:24 pm
by nearbypen1
BallzDeep9 wrote:nearbypen1 wrote: I have only been taking kratom for about 4 months ...
yeah
4 months, is right after your Honeymoon is over.. right about when
Tolerance kicks in, doing too much kratom?

You know when kratom "stops working" you're feeling tired in between doses, getting side effects like brain fog, and you no longer enjoy kratom it just makes you feel OK "normal" ? That's not the vendors fault usually it's the majority of people abuse kratom like its a drug or something... it's not.
Out of your List,
Otie's Botanical and Soap Korner are certainly good, (Soap maybe a little over priced?) and Hippo as we've discussed here is WAY over priced.. Maybe try a RE-set taper down/ Agmatine Sulfate/ over 1 week and finally 2 days off. BOOM start back on 2-3 low servings per day, the Magic Is Back!

Yeah that makes sense actually. I'm not saying those vendors suck was just wondering why I am not feeling it anymore. Oties was good the first burn defiantly, they all work for me(except the one I mentioned) just my tolerance is too high I guess. I started off using just 1/4 of a teaspoon, when my tolerance started going up I started taking more when I asked for tips on facebook. I will look into the agmatine Sulfate taper. Thanks for the solid tips.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:25 pm
by nearbypen1
KratomGod wrote:I mean there are so many different vendors I could recommend here because there are so many high quality kratom sellers. Check the vendors list for the full list of approved vendors but some standouts off the top of my head, that you haven't tried, would be TFH (exclusive to forum members), LOE (MeWe vendor), 7ohm (great pricing), and Benni Botanicals. My personal favorite is LOE but all the vendors here have great leaf overall.
I will check it out thanks. I actually sent an email order to TFH after browsing around the forums.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:30 pm
by Zeedra
nearbypen1 wrote:BallzDeep9 wrote:nearbypen1 wrote: I have only been taking kratom for about 4 months ...
yeah
4 months, is right after your Honeymoon is over.. right about when
Tolerance kicks in, doing too much kratom?

You know when kratom "stops working" you're feeling tired in between doses, getting side effects like brain fog, and you no longer enjoy kratom it just makes you feel OK "normal" ? That's not the vendors fault usually it's the majority of people abuse kratom like its a drug or something... it's not.
Out of your List,
Otie's Botanical and Soap Korner are certainly good, (Soap maybe a little over priced?) and Hippo as we've discussed here is WAY over priced.. Maybe try a RE-set taper down/ Agmatine Sulfate/ over 1 week and finally 2 days off. BOOM start back on 2-3 low servings per day, the Magic Is Back!

Yeah that makes sense actually. I'm not saying those vendors suck was just wondering why I am not feeling it anymore. Oties was good the first burn defiantly, they all work for me(except the one I mentioned) just my tolerance is too high I guess. I started off using just 1/4 of a teaspoon, when my tolerance started going up I started taking more when I asked for tips on facebook. I will look into the agmatine Sulfate taper. Thanks for the solid tips.
Make sure you're rotating strains as much as possible, and try to wait between doses as long as you can (of course if your priority is pain management, you'll likely end up dosing more often but sounds like you're using it for the effects on mood). Rotating strains keeps the tolerance down and the burns more consistently better. I don't know why, because all kratom has the same alkaloids just in varying levels, but swapping strains definitely works. I'm well beyond my honeymoon phase.. like, 4 years beyond it but i still get consistent effects out of my burns because i wait 20+ hours between doses and rotate strains often. Never use the same one more than 3 days in a row, and usually rotate daily unless i'm *really* fond of a strain.
STH is my go to vendor right now, i've liked nearly every strain i've ordered from him, you'll likely like at least some of what you get from him. i haven't tried TFH but based on the hype around here I'd imagine it's very good, so id definitely try some of that as well. Soultanic, mitraman, liza's are some other vendors that have consistently good feedback. Sosa as well, i know there was some drama "exit scamming" recently but it turns out that wasn't the case and he just got backed up on orders.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:13 pm
by nearbypen1
Make sure you're rotating strains as much as possible, and try to wait between doses as long as you can (of course if your priority is pain management, you'll likely end up dosing more often but sounds like you're using it for the effects on mood). Rotating strains keeps the tolerance down and the burns more consistently better. I don't know why, because all kratom has the same alkaloids just in varying levels, but swapping strains definitely works. I'm well beyond my honeymoon phase.. like, 4 years beyond it but i still get consistent effects out of my burns because i wait 20+ hours between doses and rotate strains often. Never use the same one more than 3 days in a row, and usually rotate daily unless i'm *really* fond of a strain.
STH is my go to vendor right now, i've liked nearly every strain i've ordered from him, you'll likely like at least some of what you get from him. i haven't tried TFH but based on the hype around here I'd imagine it's very good, so id definitely try some of that as well. Soultanic, mitraman, liza's are some other vendors that have consistently good feedback. Sosa as well, i know there was some drama "exit scamming" recently but it turns out that wasn't the case and he just got backed up on orders.
I rotate every dose which is kinda overwhelming. It seems like rotating strains everyday might be more manageable. I can tell between doses that I get withdraw effects if its not my from my favorite strain/vendor so I end up taking more. I'm excited for my order from STH to arrive sounds promising.

Hopefully I will be tapered down by then. Thank you for the recommendations.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:34 am
by STH
STH is my go to vendor right now, i've liked nearly every strain i've ordered from him, you'll likely like at least some of what you get from him.
Happy to hear it and appreciate your business my friend

take care and stay safe!
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:36 pm
by gopher
I rotate every dose which is kinda overwhelming. It seems like rotating strains everyday might be more manageable. I can tell between doses that I get withdraw effects if its not my from my favorite strain/vendor so I end up taking more. I'm excited for my order from STH to arrive sounds promising.

Hopefully I will be tapered down by then. Thank you for the recommendations.
Rotating "strains" doesn't prevent any sort of tolerance build up to one specific strain. If you like a certain batch, just stick with it. Any kratom you consume is going to have the same alkaloids, just in different amounts. Strains are largely a marketing tactic after all.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm
by acejestyr15
gopher wrote:
I rotate every dose which is kinda overwhelming. It seems like rotating strains everyday might be more manageable. I can tell between doses that I get withdraw effects if its not my from my favorite strain/vendor so I end up taking more. I'm excited for my order from STH to arrive sounds promising.

Hopefully I will be tapered down by then. Thank you for the recommendations.
Rotating "strains" doesn't prevent any sort of tolerance build up to one specific strain. If you like a certain batch, just stick with it. Any kratom you consume is going to have the same alkaloids, just in different amounts. Strains are largely a marketing tactic after all.
Most here will most definitely disagree with this statement gopher, including myself for sure!! Dosing the same strain continuously will most certainly slowly and surely dull the effects felt from.that strain. Hence why almost everyone here has such a large variety of leaf.... All the more for strain/batch/vendor rotation and blending!! Sorry man, to each their own, glad that works for you. But overall, I'd say that's not very sound advice to give to other people.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:27 am
by Lokey
I really like STH, and also didn't have a great response to a lot of the first-time vendors I purchased based on FB recommendations and sampled, especially LOL. I also liked SK, Kat's and as someone else said Benni's is worth trying.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
suggest getting a milligram scale.
Re: Recommend some vendors
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:36 am
by CatfatherB
Hallie wrote:Came across this looking for Sabai reviews and you're not the first person lately who says no effects from Leaf Of Life. I purchased A LOT from them based on great reviews in FB groups and also experienced nothing. Very disappointed and have several unopened bags. The only strain that seemed to have a somewhat good effect was Yellow Aceh, the rest nothing.
I bought some batches from Leaf of Life Botanicals back in mid '18, I probably still have a few of his Aceh blends, "Zen" and "good" that were impressive, sorry to hear that his quality isn't there anymore and this isn't the first I've heard of the matter either...