Ingestion Question (rhyme time).
-
Drewbie
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 pm
Ingestion Question (rhyme time).
Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
I decided to start a very slow taper. Because my job requires me to work with people all day, it was previously hard for me to do a proper taper because I have to be present and helpful for my clients. Soooo now that my schedule is more relaxed due to the current situation I decided now is the time.
I was taking about 16g per day (2 plus years daily use, I didn't use a scale religiously until this taper started).
Taper has been going for about 3 Weeks so far, and I am now down to 13.5 grams a day and it is comfortable. I have more space btwn doses, and I am going slow so I don't get discouraged and go back up.
My question is, I had always taken kratom with oj. I would mix a little oj and my kratom, let it sit 5-10 mon, and swig it down. I had read a while ago that oj potentiates so that's how I've always taken it.
I decided to mix it up these past weeks ; toss and wash, or mixed with water instead of oj. Sometimes the experience is very different when I don't mix with oj At times, it almost seems like the water mix is stronger then the oj mix. Actually I can't quite tell if it is stronger, or just a little different feel.
Anyone ever think about/ experience this themselves? Or is it just because I am ingesting it differently after 2 years so my body feels it differently? Does oj actually not potentiate like I thought it did?
Looking forward to yoir thoughts!
I decided to start a very slow taper. Because my job requires me to work with people all day, it was previously hard for me to do a proper taper because I have to be present and helpful for my clients. Soooo now that my schedule is more relaxed due to the current situation I decided now is the time.
I was taking about 16g per day (2 plus years daily use, I didn't use a scale religiously until this taper started).
Taper has been going for about 3 Weeks so far, and I am now down to 13.5 grams a day and it is comfortable. I have more space btwn doses, and I am going slow so I don't get discouraged and go back up.
My question is, I had always taken kratom with oj. I would mix a little oj and my kratom, let it sit 5-10 mon, and swig it down. I had read a while ago that oj potentiates so that's how I've always taken it.
I decided to mix it up these past weeks ; toss and wash, or mixed with water instead of oj. Sometimes the experience is very different when I don't mix with oj At times, it almost seems like the water mix is stronger then the oj mix. Actually I can't quite tell if it is stronger, or just a little different feel.
Anyone ever think about/ experience this themselves? Or is it just because I am ingesting it differently after 2 years so my body feels it differently? Does oj actually not potentiate like I thought it did?
Looking forward to yoir thoughts!
-
WalrusGuardian
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:13 pm
Re: Ingestion Question (rhyme time).
Some believe that any caloric presence interferes with absorption, including liquids like fruit juice. I don't believe I've heard of a purpose for orange juice besides easing kratom's flavor. I usually advise everyone to just wait on the snacks/drinks until after it has kicked in, maybe an hour or more if you want your mind/brain focused solely on the kratom.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Ingestion Question (rhyme time).
The OJ absolutely serves a purpose other than flavoring.... citric acid found in and citrus juice is known to more easily break down the cell walls of Keaton to allow for better/easier absorption, extraction, and even just breaking down the plant matter itself at times as well!! There are plenty 9f threads here as well as reddit that talk about cell lysis and the effects of using citric acids or Apple Cider VinegarWalrusGuardian wrote:Some believe that any caloric presence interferes with absorption, including liquids like fruit juice. I don't believe I've heard of a purpose for orange juice besides easing kratom's flavor. I usually advise everyone to just wait on the snacks/drinks until after it has kicked in, maybe an hour or more if you want your mind/brain focused solely on the kratom.
-
ctrider
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 12:39 pm
Re: Ingestion Question (rhyme time).
I used to always use OJ and agree that it seemed to increase the feeling, but not by any huge amount. Got sick of too much OJ over the years so now I just use a bottle of water with a squirt of liquid Koolaid and it works fine. I am careful about not eating for a time before and after dosing though.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Ingestion Question (rhyme time).
I used powdered citric acid bought in bulk.... Way cheaper and nu sugar like in OJ!! Helps with the flavor aspect and still serves a purpose. I only brew tea, so the acid really really helps with extraction in my case!ctrider wrote:I used to always use OJ and agree that it seemed to increase the feeling, but not by any huge amount. Got sick of too much OJ over the years so now I just use a bottle of water with a squirt of liquid Koolaid and it works fine. I am careful about not eating for a time before and after dosing though.
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 594
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Ingestion Question (rhyme time).
Trying to keep my body “off balance”. 1. Dose using different methods. Change from cold water to hot tea. From iced tea to chocolate milk. 2. Dose at different times of the day. 3. Alternate speeds of first dose, etc.acejestyr15 wrote:I used powdered citric acid bought in bulk.... Way cheaper and nu sugar like in OJ!! Helps with the flavor aspect and still serves a purpose. I only brew tea, so the acid really really helps with extraction in my case!ctrider wrote:I used to always use OJ and agree that it seemed to increase the feeling, but not by any huge amount. Got sick of too much OJ over the years so now I just use a bottle of water with a squirt of liquid Koolaid and it works fine. I am careful about not eating for a time before and after dosing though.