Page 1 of 1
1st time tolerance break
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm
by RynoThePirate
I've been using kratom for 2 years without a break. That said it's not helping me nearly as much it's actually making my anxiety worse after about 1.5 hours. I just went from 30gpd down to 10gpd without much trouble. I wanna try to take a 3 day break would using hirsuta during the break make it pointless? I also have akuamma javinica and Stem and vein. I'm trying to do this as easy as possible I have severe anxiety and a 2 and 5 yr old that I'm off work taking care of right now. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:36 am
by CatfatherB
Maybe throw some agmatine Sulfate in and some magnolia bark or valerian root for anxiety, take it slow if you have to, I don't really have any expertise in tolerance breaks, never took one..

Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:23 pm
by MycatTimmy
Going from 30 gpd to 10 gpd is fantastic. Please keep us posted. I’m also wondering if stem and vein would be useful during a tolerance break or if it would just defeat the purpose
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:36 pm
by BallzDeep9
RynoThePirate wrote: I also have akuamma javinica and Stem and Vein. I'm trying to do this as easy as possible I have severe anxiety ...
A real Stem & Vein is useful.. the hirsuta javanica stuff doesn't have any Mitragyna so it used to be "bunk", I honestly don't know why U would buy? As a placebo maybe? I mean during a taper.. Placebo can be helpful. I mix some vitamins in w/ S+V and fool myself into thinking, I am taking a "dose" whoopee! Except there's none or very little kratom in there lol...
I was gonna say Cannabis, however THC can provoke anxiety. You'd want only CBD then.. Try a Beta Blocker maybe, off label ?? Propranalol is well known and prescribed by doctors, off label, for performance anxiety. Low dose it's very mild.. Good luck! Gotta get down to 5 gpd.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:53 am
by Spencemastaflex
Holy hell THIRTY grams per dose? You know kratom doesn't really work when you take it like that right? You gotta get down to 2/2.5 grams or what I do is one teaspoon.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:57 am
by MycatTimmy
Did he mean grams per day or grams per dose ? I thought grams per day
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:12 pm
by Spencemastaflex
MycatTimmy wrote:Did he mean grams per day or grams per dose ? I thought grams per day
Gpd usually means per dose
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:43 pm
by acejestyr15
Usually GPD is grams per day I would say
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 pm
by Closedeyesearch
GPD=grams per day
...
and no dose shaming. that's silly.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:15 pm
by CatfatherB
I always had assumed that GPD referred to grams per day as well?

Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 pm
by SanPedroLover
GPD = grams per day imho
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:58 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
GPD = per day according to common usage here on DoubleM
and congrats on lowering your consumption, it's hard, yeah? Most substances don't have as much as a ceiling dose as kratom, and we just want to keep getting the good effects.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 pm
by BallzDeep9
acejestyr15 wrote:Usually GPD is grams per day I would say
Right on. We are talkin'
tolerance reduction here.. Getting a handle on the DAILY thing
Dose? Taking a "dose" is drug talk.

Kratom's a dietary supplement, so its a
serving...
and yeah, it's about time for some dose shaming imo

Way too many dopers complain about addiction, hair falling out, etc. & they move to r/Quitting sub on Reddit and blame kratom for all their problems - All doing 30, 50, even 70.. GPD
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 pm
by Damen ck
Shaming of any kind isn't any help, and it isn't even relevant in this particular thread. Use constructive criticism and advise.
OP, what symptoms specifically are you having trouble with? Do you have any other medications or supplements, or are you willing to buy some? Vitamins etc.
Also, getting moderate exercise and hot baths/showers (to ease muscle aches and RLS), along with a healthier diet can do wonders on its own. Exercise also helps with getting more restful sleep, which is important during a detox.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:37 am
by SanPedroLover
Stem & Vein works great for that, also i like taking 5-6g of Chinese Cats Claw (not the peruvian type) before bed to help with any possible restlessness.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:02 am
by RynoThePirate
UPDATE down to 7-8 grams PER DAY lol. I got some hirsuta from benni botanicals, I dont know if it was my doses helping my tolerance or what. But it has helped me extremely, it doesnt feel like any kratom I've ever taken it just feels clean. The javinca and the stem and vein just seemed to give me head aches and feel almost like wobbles but different. I tried going down to 6g today 1.5g x4 but I couldn't do it was having a rough day with anxiety and depression. My goal is to get down to 4 grams per day and just switch to the hirsuta.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:35 pm
by YogKratomSoth
That's awesome, congrats on getting to 8 gpd! That’s a great accomplishment. You will get to six and less, that if that’s your goal. Good inspiration as I'm getting ready for a tbreak / reset myself. I'll utilize Hirsuta/S&V too for the first several days. I’ll take the smallest amount, just enough to relive any discomfort. It helps me a great deal. After a break and dropping my serving size Kratom is much more effective.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:08 pm
by BallzDeep9
RynoThePirate wrote:My goal is to get down to 4 grams per day and just switch to the hirsuta.
Excellent. Please keep us posted, Pirate!! yeah kratom is weird stuff.. as a
daily supplement it becomes more about Self Management, taking care of our receptors, not over-loading them. Took me a couple years to figure this out.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:47 am
by Back2K
RynoThePirate wrote:UPDATE down to 7-8 grams PER DAY lol. I got some hirsuta from benni botanicals, I dont know if it was my doses helping my tolerance or what. But it has helped me extremely, it doesnt feel like any kratom I've ever taken it just feels clean. The javinca and the stem and vein just seemed to give me head aches and feel almost like wobbles but different. I tried going down to 6g today 1.5g x4 but I couldn't do it was having a rough day with anxiety and depression. My goal is to get down to 4 grams per day and just switch to the hirsuta.
Can you explain the effects of the hirsuta in a bit more detail?
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:22 am
by Burninator
Since I haven’t seen anyone mention it, I would highly recommend picking up some Black Seed Oil. That along with Agmatine and DLPA almost entirely ameliorated any semblance of WD doing a cold turkey break from 20+ GPD a few years ago. But BSO was the most noticeably and immediately effective, for me at least.
Seriously great job with how much you’ve cut back already.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:14 am
by vesku88
Spencemastaflex wrote:Holy hell THIRTY grams per dose? You know kratom doesn't really work when you take it like that right? You gotta get down to 2/2.5 grams or what I do is one teaspoon.
2.5 grams won't do anything for chronic pain
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:22 am
by vesku88
Burninator wrote:Since I haven’t seen anyone mention it, I would highly recommend picking up some Black Seed Oil. That along with Agmatine and DLPA almost entirely ameliorated any semblance of WD doing a cold turkey break from 20+ GPD a few years ago. But BSO was the most noticeably and immediately effective, for me at least.
Seriously great job with how much you’ve cut back already.
BSO DEF helps, donno about DLPA. Might try that.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:12 am
by creatus
vesku88 wrote:Spencemastaflex wrote:Holy hell THIRTY grams per dose? You know kratom doesn't really work when you take it like that right? You gotta get down to 2/2.5 grams or what I do is one teaspoon.
2.5 grams won't do anything for chronic pain
Depends on person / quality. Over 2 grams is too much for me and gives wobbles.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:02 pm
by RynoThePirate
Update: cant get past the 6gpd mark. I havent given up but still using a little hirsuta with each serving. Weird little thing happend I dropped the hirsuta completely and I couldn't get any amount of kratom to work at all even up to 4 grams. I felt like I was in mild w/d it was very strange put some hirsuta back in and I was fine. I dont know what that means but figured I should mention.
Is all black seed oil the same? I try not to buy supplements on amazon but if it's all the same stuff that's fine.
Re: 1st time tolerance break
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:58 pm
by Laika
RynoThePirate wrote:Update: cant get past the 6gpd mark. I havent given up but still using a little hirsuta with each serving. Weird little thing happend I dropped the hirsuta completely and I couldn't get any amount of kratom to work at all even up to 4 grams. I felt like I was in mild w/d it was very strange put some hirsuta back in and I was fine. I dont know what that means but figured I should mention.
Is all black seed oil the same? I try not to buy supplements on amazon but if it's all the same stuff that's fine.
Now you have a hirsuta addiction
