Page 1 of 1

Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:35 pm
by MorriesWigs80
Got a few new orders in this week, started my burns, Yesterday had an off stomach all day. Last night started having Diahrreah, and have a slight temperature (99.8) - I haven’t been in contact with anyone, so I can only imagine it may have been one of my order batches. They are all very reputable vendors, and I’ve ordered from all of them many times, and I know we should ALWAYS heat our leaf in hot water, but I’m guilty of toss and washing majority of the time. Also, in 2 years, I’ve never had an issue like this. I’ve taken doses since I started feeling sick, just not anything from that newest batches I received- anyone else ever experienced anything similar? Malaise, loss of appetite, low grade fever, and diarrhea and headache? I think a lot of this post is actually just looking for reassurance I don’t have some Jungle virus that’s gonna kill me lmao - and a big part of my fear is due to not exactly being able to just head to my doctors.....

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:13 pm
by Damen ck
I'm not a doctor and don't want to dispense medical advice, so take this for what it's worth-
Well I don't think you have to worry about Covid quite yet...it's more of a respiratory illness. Any cough or trouble breathing? But maybe self quarantine to be on the safe side. Definitely keep taking your temperature. Remember these things take quite a while to present, so it could be something you encountered days or weeks ago.

How is the kratom itself working for you? Some of those symptoms sound similar to withdrawal symptoms, which could result from subpar leaf. Or just a alkaloid profile you're not used to.

It could be salmonella poisoning, but it's kinda too soon to tell and requires a diagnosis. Just keep an eye on it for now, take some Tylenol, try to sleep. If it gets too bad, don't be scared to advocate for yourself and go to the hospital...but only if you're really worried, since going to the hospital can bring on its own set of risks.

From google on salmonellosis:
Symptoms include diarrhea, fever, chills, and abdominal pain.
People may experience:
Pain areas: in the abdomen or muscles
Whole body: chills, dehydration, fatigue, fever, or loss of appetite
Gastrointestinal: diarrhea or blood in stool
Also common: headache'

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:44 pm
by MorriesWigs80
Damen ck wrote:I'm not a doctor and don't want to dispense medical advice, so take this for what it's worth-
Well I don't think you have to worry about Covid quite yet...it's more of a respiratory illness. Any cough or trouble breathing? But maybe self quarantine to be on the safe side. Definitely keep taking your temperature. Remember these things take quite a while to present, so it could be something you encountered days or weeks ago.

How is the kratom itself working for you? Some of those symptoms sound similar to withdrawal symptoms, which could result from subpar leaf. Or just a alkaloid profile you're not used to.



It could be salmonella poisoning, but it's kinda too soon to tell and requires a diagnosis. Just keep an eye on it for now, take some Tylenol, try to sleep. If it gets too bad, don't be scared to advocate for yourself and go to the hospital...but only if you're really worried, since going to the hospital can bring on its own set of risks.

From google on salmonellosis:
Symptoms include diarrhea, fever, chills, and abdominal pain.
People may experience:
Pain areas: in the abdomen or muscles
Whole body: chills, dehydration, fatigue, fever, or loss of appetite
Gastrointestinal: diarrhea or blood in stool
Also common: headache'
Thanks for the reply! I saw the symptoms when I googled as well. I finally caved and took some Advil and Tylenol, as I don’t have any respiratory ailments. My temperature went down within 90 minutes of taking, which is a good sign - as far as the Kratom’s effectiveness- it certainly has been burning just fine - I’ve been skipping a dose here and there because I’ve been taking an additional dose every other day it seems, working remotely and all. I don’t believe it’s any type of withdrawal, as I did a forced 30 day cold turkey about 6 months ago, and it wansnt nearly as uncomfortable as my ailments since third started. I’m starting to thing I’m dealing with some inflammation and gastritis, maybe I’ve been ingesting too much acidic liquids. Or maybe too many probiotics- I think the best course of action is to wait and see how I feel on sunday. I did contact my doctor, and he certainly didn’t seem worried. If I was in an office setting, I would just chalk it up to a stomach bug. But, I’m in NYS, and have had basically no contact the last month, have been working remotely, and take very good care of myself, and wash my hands frequently- only time will tell!

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:55 pm
by BallzDeep9
MorriesWigs80 wrote:I know we should ALWAYS heat our leaf in hot water, but I’m guilty of toss and washing majority of the time.
Sorry to hear this... I really suspect, it's under reported in the Kratom community. Red Bubble Tea is the answer. :geek:

Here you go man... LOOK at this fucker!! Looks like a goddamn Drill Bit - boring into your stomach lining!! :shock:

Image

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:02 pm
by MorriesWigs80
BallzDeep9 wrote:
MorriesWigs80 wrote:I know we should ALWAYS heat our leaf in hot water, but I’m guilty of toss and washing majority of the time.
Sorry to hear this... I really suspect, it's under reported in the Kratom community. Red Bubble Tea is the answer. :geek:

Here you go man... LOOK at this fucker!! Looks like a goddamn Drill Bit - boring into your stomach lining!! :shock:

Image
No Bueno! Well, this recent discomfort has just confirmed its time to spend a little extra time with the preparation of my Leaf

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:27 am
by aqtgirly4u
Can I ask a question? Do you use anything as potentiators? I ask because I had this same thing happen not too long ago. Was sick for about 10 days. Felt like hell and had the runs for days. Well...FINALLY figured out it was the Magnesium I added to my daily regimine as a potentiator! How lame am I that it took me over a week to put 2 & 2 together? And I'm a nurse! :lol:

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:51 am
by IndelibleDotInk
What type of magnesium? I'm trying magtein for cognition and take mag citrate with my kratom.

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 am
by MorriesWigs80
aqtgirly4u wrote:Can I ask a question? Do you use anything as potentiators? I ask because I had this same thing happen not too long ago. Was sick for about 10 days. Felt like hell and had the runs for days. Well...FINALLY figured out it was the Magnesium I added to my daily regimine as a potentiator! How lame am I that it took me over a week to put 2 & 2 together? And I'm a nurse! :lol:
No, I don’t use Magnesium- and other than taking using a squirt of lemon, or the occasional teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, I stay away from potentiators

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:56 pm
by Rannek
I had the same problem with an old vendor, i had to dump 1 kg of kratom. This is just bad quality kratom. I tried to make an extract, boil, and still same. I think it is not bacterial, it is just more "wild" kratom which does not mean its bad, but not the best grade.

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:11 pm
by MorriesWigs80
Rannek wrote:I had the same problem with an old vendor, i had to dump 1 kg of kratom. This is just bad quality kratom. I tried to make an extract, boil, and still same. I think it is not bacterial, it is just more "wild" kratom which does not mean its bad, but not the best grade.
This wasn’t “bad Kratom” in the sense of the “grade” of Kratom, bacteria was definitely a factor I believe, I had a low grade fever, stomach cramps, diarrhea, headache, and aches and fatigue. It may not have been the Kratom. But I have tracked back every meal I prepared, food I’ve eaten, and I wash my hands even after I bring in the mail, so it just seems likely the issue was the Kratom.

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:23 pm
by Payshince
REALLY BALLZ

Hahahah you would show us that!!

The truth aint always pretty!!

... OP, Yes these feelings I have felt too!
Maybe every 4 months or so and Ive been using kratom for 2 years daily.
It could be Bacteria from that particular batch of kratom you got so best thing to do is follow some of the Posts on here on how to avoid potential bacteria from raw kratom leaf powder
Boil it...
Let it soak in HOT water....
Buy a SteriPen!

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:32 pm
by SaintsWillConquer
Jeez, you guys aren't messing around. I never boil kratom. I guess I'll have to read a little deeper to find out what horrible danger I'm in. All I know is that Morrie's Wigs survive hurricane winds!

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:11 pm
by Back2K
I’ve been putting 5 oz of water into a small pot/saucepan, throw 2 spoonfulls of kratom in and boil it for 5 minutes and then drinking everything, but I want to start straining it soon

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:07 am
by aqtgirly4u
IndelibleDotInk just regular old OTC magnesium. I was taking 1 tablet a day, which I think was like 350mg or something close. Now I only take it M,W,F and seems to work much better!

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 am
by Sadie
Back2K wrote:I’ve been putting 5 oz of water into a small pot/saucepan, throw 2 spoonfulls of kratom in and boil it for 5 minutes and then drinking everything, but I want to start straining it soon
I've read to never boil kratom...not sure if this is true or how it effects the dose? I guess we're supposed to just simmer and not bring it to a boil, not sure, I just boil the water and let it sit for a couple minutes and then add it to my dose.

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 pm
by Back2K
Sadie wrote:
Back2K wrote:I’ve been putting 5 oz of water into a small pot/saucepan, throw 2 spoonfulls of kratom in and boil it for 5 minutes and then drinking everything, but I want to start straining it soon
I've read to never boil kratom...not sure if this is true or how it effects the dose? I guess we're supposed to just simmer and not bring it to a boil, not sure, I just boil the water and let it sit for a couple minutes and then add it to my dose.

The first time I boiled it it worked fine. I seem to be responding best to white over red, haven’t gotten any green yet aside from some maeng da that’s not really working for me, whether I boil it or not. The indigenous users of Kratom actually boil it for up to several hours, so some say it’s okay but mainly more for a big huge batch of tea. Others say a simmer is fine.

At minimum I pour boiling water directly over it, maybe from somewhere like TFH, and I certainly wouldn’t let the water sit for a few minutes. That would defeat the purpose of trying to kill the germs. A few fluid oz. Of water will cool off way faster than you realize, especially once it hits the kratom. If you want a chance to kill all germs you would need to pour the boiling water directly
On top. Even then it may not be enough in some situations to kill all the germs etc. And I promise that won’t destroy the alkaloids.

Even boiling in my experience doesn’t, but I can’t promise that won’t. I mean a lot of extract is made by literally boiling a bunch of kratom and then boiling it until it is a resin, and that stuff works fine.

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 am
by MorriesWigs80
SaintsWillConquer wrote:Jeez, you guys aren't messing around. I never boil kratom. I guess I'll have to read a little deeper to find out what horrible danger I'm in. All I know is that Morrie's Wigs survive hurricane winds!
Morries Wigs don’t come off!

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:39 pm
by WhiteAngelica
MorriesWigs80 wrote:Got a few new orders in this week, started my burns, Yesterday had an off stomach all day. Last night started having Diahrreah, and have a slight temperature (99.8) - I haven’t been in contact with anyone, so I can only imagine it may have been one of my order batches. They are all very reputable vendors, and I’ve ordered from all of them many times, and I know we should ALWAYS heat our leaf in hot water, but I’m guilty of toss and washing majority of the time. Also, in 2 years, I’ve never had an issue like this. I’ve taken doses since I started feeling sick, just not anything from that newest batches I received- anyone else ever experienced anything similar? Malaise, loss of appetite, low grade fever, and diarrhea and headache? I think a lot of this post is actually just looking for reassurance I don’t have some Jungle virus that’s gonna kill me lmao - and a big part of my fear is due to not exactly being able to just head to my doctors.....
New research has shown Covid can signal in various ways--in the toes, in the gastrointestinal tract. If you have Probiotics, take them. I have a bunch of herbal samples I received for stomach ailments, so holler if you need them. Find out if there is drive-thru testing in your location, and where the nearest testing/antibody testing site is. I literally open all my mail with rubber gloves, and disinfect the outside of plastics before they come inside. I don't bring any shippiny boxes or envelopes into the house. They are precautions, but it has kept me alive in the center of a hotspot.

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:22 pm
by TechNRK
Just a note, I see a lot of people referencing the indigenous people that do drink Kratom tea. From what I’ve read and believe to be true, locals don’t consume Kratom in its dry form whatsoever. They actually boil the raw leaves for several hours and reduce that liquid down and drink that throughout the day for vitality and other benefits. One of the things Chris McCurdy, the guy researching Kratom alkaloids, brought to light and is really interesting to me. What molecular changes are occurring during the drying process? That’s what I’d like to know as well. Just like cannabis changes from its raw plant state to when it is dried and cured into what is consumed and smoked by everyone. I would actually like to have some raw Kratom leaves and make tea like they do over in the jungle to see how it is :) Anyway, sorry for the tangent.

Re: Pretty Nervous - Having odd stomach symptoms

Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:22 pm
by Payshince
^ :idea:
ChefNateHippo !
Id love to know/ learn about this as well

Great comment :!: