Page 1 of 1
Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:33 am
by Zeedra
Thinking about trying mitraman next since I missed the tfh event. What reds are good from him? I don't enjoy bents or fermented strains (usually) and prefer fresh green reds that are sedating and euphoric (not energetic or particularly stimulating)
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:42 am
by Burninator
I can’t speak for his most recent batch but his Red Borneo has consistently been my favorite of his reds.
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:46 pm
by Zeedra
Burninator wrote:I can’t speak for his most recent batch but his Red Borneo has consistently been my favorite of his reds.
sweet, i've heard this before so i'll add this to my sample, thank you. love that he allows for splits on smaller orders. i've heard a lot of good things about gold borneo, i've never really had gold strains but from what i understand they're reds that are sun dried yes? may have to give that a shot. haven't seen many reviews for him lately but i'm assuming that's just because tfh is super hyped right now, hope his reputation for being consistently good still holds up!
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:40 pm
by K-Dawg
Zeedra wrote:Thinking about trying mitraman next since I missed the tfh event. What reds are good from him? I don't enjoy bents or fermented strains (usually) and prefer fresh green reds that are sedating and euphoric (not energetic or particularly stimulating)
Zeedra, the Red Horn is a great mid red for me. The Red Elephant is a nice slow one

Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:09 pm
by Spencemastaflex
I just got some red horn it's pretty good!
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:21 pm
by Burninator
I can vouch for the Red Horn too.
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:46 am
by neuropathy1
I also like the red horn and red thai, and use them in my rotation for pain relief. They are mid for me, but of course it's dependent on doseage amount.
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:27 pm
by Banana pants
I'll be taking his red sumatra tonight and can pop back in and give you a review!
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:26 pm
by Zeedra
Banana pants wrote:I'll be taking his red sumatra tonight and can pop back in and give you a review!
awesome, please do! let me know if it's sedating or faster. thanks everyone for the input, i really appreciate it.
so far i've got red borneo and red horn on my sample list. gonna add two more strains before i order.
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:09 pm
by WhiteAngelica
I was actually going to ask the same question! I have tried Mitraman twice, and each time I got Red Thai. It wasn't too too stimulating, and felt nice, but I know the kind of Red you are looking for, since that is mostly what I take.
If I were making a sampler, I would include the Red Horn, Red Borneo, and Red Elephant based on things I've heard, but I'd love some recent reviews for suggestions. The Red Sumatra sounds promising...
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:24 pm
by Madvillain626
I can vouch for the red Thai. Not too sedating but strong mood lift and long legs
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 pm
by Greyfeather
I have only had his greens too, but I'm always looking for good pain-relieving reds. This is a great post. Keep those recommendations coming!

Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:06 am
by Banana pants
Just to check back in, I have been pretty underwhelmed with the red sumatra. It has definitely made me sleepy and slowed down my though processes, but I'm not getting any warmth or that fuzzy blanket, melt into the bed vibe that I look for in my nighttime dose. It's pretty solid for insomnia relief, but not so much euphoria. Of course, YMMV etc. . .
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:34 pm
by Zeedra
WhiteAngelica wrote:I was actually going to ask the same question! I have tried Mitraman twice, and each time I got Red Thai. It wasn't too too stimulating, and felt nice, but I know the kind of Red you are looking for, since that is mostly what I take.
If I were making a sampler, I would include the Red Horn, Red Borneo, and Red Elephant based on things I've heard, but I'd love some recent reviews for suggestions. The Red Sumatra sounds promising...
That's also going to be my sampler I'm thinking. I think I'll go with the gold Borneo as a fourth and let yall know what I think about it. Haven't heard much about it recently but it was his most talked about strain.
Banana pants wrote:Just to check back in, I have been pretty underwhelmed with the red sumatra. It has definitely made me sleepy and slowed down my though processes, but I'm not getting any warmth or that fuzzy blanket, melt into the bed vibe that I look for in my nighttime dose. It's pretty solid for insomnia relief, but not so much euphoria. Of course, YMMV etc. . .
Ah that's unfortunate but sometimes happens with slower reds. It's hard to find one that is sedating but has the right amount of warmth and mood lift to it. Thanks for getting back to us
Re: Mitraman reds, what is good from him right now?
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:02 pm
by Zeedra
......(deleted post)